Thanks devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG Betray, Oct 22, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm almost 100% none of us got to be as knowledgeable as we are without a little guidance. So why is it so hard for people these days to teach others unless their in the same league ofc then you'll be happy to help them.

Back in 2011/2012 ppl actually helped and it showed because it made for a better playerbase. Now though nobody helps and playerbase lacks basic blocking skills, and threads like this pop up nonstop
    • Like x 3
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

All I'm saying is if you arent willing to help dont complain about the state of the playerbase, you have NO SAY because you are unwilling to put forth any effort at all to better it
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You didn't read what I wrote. I have no issues with helping individuals, I find issue when the whole group in Shattered Gotham is fresh off the harvester ship.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you for supporting the game.
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I would with great pleasure share my knowledge about tanking, about healing ... and even DPS, I have a lot of different and useful tips ... the problem is that English is not my native language, but I am an old man who was born , studied and began his professional career in those distant times when English in my native country was the language of an ideological enemy ... as a result of which I do not speak English well and all my valuable advice looks like a lousy mare rave...
  6. Brit Loyal Player

Thank you for the CR skips. Courtesy of them, new players can actually be able to skip past the content that doesn't pop and join the rest of our population, and experienced players can try out alts without wasting a hundred hours into boring stuff.

Big thumbs up. Some of us appreciate free gifts instead of whining about everything.
    • Like x 5
  7. NinjaX New Player

I'm happy that there's a CR skip.

Yes, there is some players that are super casual and just queues without doing any feats. It's cool though since we get to queue up low content. If you guys wipe, explain the mechanics. They are new players that just CR skipped, they will mostly want to learn the mechanics since they are excited to finally reach a high 255CR.

That one elite raid with Manta bomb and the puzzle room, we stood there for an 1h30. Sounds terrible but the whole group had so much fun trying to understand the whole mechanics. You could see they were excited the more they progress after each fails until completion of the raid.

I have more fun playing with new players failing, willing to learn and having fun than those "Mr. 9000sp DCUO PhD degree-get your sp up" players tbh.

Just have fun in the end.
    • Like x 2
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Facts. I started back in 2012 as FTP and I had ZERO clue what was going on in the game. Since I was free at first, i'd get my two toons up to level 30 and then delete them and try a different power/mentor. I had no clue there was more to the game beyond level 30 until a guy I teamed up with to beat Bruno Manheim showed me the ropes. Thanks to him I went premium and stopped deleting toons (and progressed them into higher CRs). And it didn't end there. I kept learning from so many other players, all the way into tier 5, which is when I joined my first real league.

I really don't understand why anti-social people insist in playing an MMO and then come and complain about newbs being newbs. We were all there at one point, and no matter what level we're at we still had to deal with them. CR skips didn't create this...it's always been a thing here. If you blind queue to content it's to be expected.
    • Like x 7
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Form your own group then (only way to avoid that)?!!?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yep that's what we do now. Sad.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

More often than not it's pretty much been that way. Blind queueing is always a crapshoot. You only do that when you have nothing but time on your hands and don't mind banging your head against the wall.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Very, VERY well said. Misanthropes and MMOS don't mix!
    • Like x 1
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

It's a game. People have no responsibility to play up to someone else's idea of "good".

The only thing they need to do is have fun.

The more experienced player who has no patience for that has the option not to play with them.

Leagues and friend lists are there so that you can run with players who more fit your profile and play style.

The game isn't broken. People are not running for the exits. And CR skips are not making the sky fall.

As always, just my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Almost same experience here. Started with no idea how to play. Would join with people on occasion and they'd give me some pointers. Didn't run much 'real' stuff till I got to CR 65 or so and realized I was running out of stuff to do and bought the Battle for Earth DLC. Could NOT get into a group for Gates/PRime that could be it in queue so I started learning LFG (it was in my default chat on day 1...made me learn how to turn it off as it confused me....then I learned how to put it back on in its own tab when I needed it). Built groups were more teaching experiences because they wanted to succeed and we needed everyone to do things right. Later joined a league and got legendary...then was off to the races.

People have just gotten to used to mowing through stuff and if they can't they'd rather bail than try and work it out with the others...whether those others are 255 newbies or long term players who just don't know the mechanics. One of the first things I type in in any group I queue into is 'Is anyone doing a feat?' and if there are mechanics 'Does everyone know what to do?'. Most times those calls go unanswered and i'm back at start and the group is at the 1st boss. Sometimes the feat question will get 'Yeah...I'd like some feats', in which case I'll suggest any easy ones...not the time consuming ones.

Yeah, some people seem to have an aversion to talking to other people in game. Not sure what that's about (ok, I kind of get it if you are a girl....dudes are terrible online), especially in an MMO. But it's funny that people are sick of the noobs...jumpers or not...but won't do anything to sort out the issue(except complain). Yeah, some of it is on DI for a lack of tutorial, lack of ability to get into the older content to learn and a push to get to endgame...but some of it is on us. 70/30 I'd say.

BTW... it's not all on us(vets) and DI...a lot of the noobs need to realize they are noobs...try to learn...sit back and watch and take a pointer if given. Case in point, ran HHE the other night. Group was 7 250+ toons and 1 113CR DPS. I asked about feats, no one answered. I put in chat for the 113 guy to stay outside and probably get the no death feat at least. He didn't ...he died...he did not get the feat and no one else died. I guess he figured with the over 2000CR we already had in the room, 2113CR would get the job done better. Either that or he just didn't care...which is his prerogative as long as he doesn't walk around talking about no one wanting to help later. When I started I spent a long time knowing I was a noob...and behaved accordingly. Today's noob is not quite the same in most cases.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes but now it's just a guaranteed fail unless you bring friends along. Not thinking about just ourselves for the moment, what kind of experience do you think these new players are having?
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

:(
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I meant while in actual content, you do your fair share of helping via videos showing data on everything to back your claims. But like the lorax nobody thinks it's their duty to better the playerbase but wants to complain about how terrible players are.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yup CR skip back in the good ol day = gates walk in, it's no difference imo.
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What's the difference?
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I feel this is a hyperbole. I've experienced this on every skip we've had over the years. I think it's more a numbers game than skill level. I've had very successful skip groups to absolutely scratch out your eyes painful ones... but I also have experienced this without the skips too.

Based on this experience, it just comes down to when you go in and is no different than them learning in Area 51 at level 10 to learning in JLD at 255. What the issue comes is, players don't think we should be the ones to help try to get the group to be successful. In a way, that would be true, there isn't a whole lot information on what to do with the items we get from the skip let alone how to use them. A player could choose healer gear on a sorcery character, but pick a DPS artifact, place SP into controller stats, and put exobytes into dominance. But lets be honest, the amount of "new" players that came in exactly at the level skip is probably negligible at best and if the content that the ones who had benefited from the skip was not popping, where do they learn? (Of course, I feel personally that JLD is kind of proof the content was a bit problematic, but not going into difficulty concept.)
    • Like x 1