Closest call...Hydra

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So people always come in here with 'first', 'fastest', 'best' or 'highest' posts. I wanted to put one up for 'closest'. Doing Hydra the other night and it was not going well...looking like it was going to be a fail, but we pulled it out and somehow she died at the last second. Now I've been in a lot of runs where it was down to the buzzer...under 10 seconds when she died, but this was WAY less. So as the PS4 holds a 15 min cache of video, I went back and saved the screen cap. Reviewed it and indeed it was close....0.4 seconds to be exact.

It was quite nerve wracking to be honest, but a pretty good feeling to have pulled it out. It was a rando group and everyone poured it on at the end, so a weird satisfaction seeing as we had pretty much biffed it early on (or we'd have had her done at the 1 min mark).

I'll try to get the video up later (it was made on an alt account that doesn't have YouTube/Twitch rights), but yeah....anyone else know that they came in lower than 0.4 seconds?
    • Like x 1
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Nice, lowest I beat it was 1 sec remaining
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

And I thought the 16 seconds til a fail was close...
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

To be fair the 1 second win I was in was just a day after 255 skip happened so i think alot of the ppl there were skipped alts or 1st timers that used the skip.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m wondering if that was the one I was in. I was fighting Hydra around that same time and I must have been lagging because there was definitely still a visible sliver of health there when the shot clock hit “0”. But a second later that sliver ticked off, the on screen messaging appeared and Wonder Wonder was once again double-dogg daring PETA to “Say Sum’in!!
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, the video is up there. Before you click on it and tell me it sucks, I put it together at work on free software that didn't have (or I couldn't find) the black bar on. So...there is a watermark and 2 wonky badges covering the alt name and chat channels, it's one of my kid's accounts that I use for farming stuff so I didn't need any hassle.

That crap aside, the important part is there...at around 3:30 is the last 10 seconds of the fight. If you can watch around the other stuff.

Oh...and now that I've got a video posted am I required by law to tell everyone I meet that I'm a 'Youtuber'? Or that you need to 'Click that button and ring that bell"....if so I guess I'm breaking the law...cause I'm not doing it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Holy cow, that was a fail run that disguised itself as a win...wow so funny and unbelievable.
    • Like x 2