Gadgets Supercharge!? huuuuh...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Hi, little rant here i just switched to gadgets on my main havent played it mostly never, and now i feel ripped off, i have lvl 200 SC artifact but gadgets Supercharge is the worst thing i seen ingame power wise...

1.It bubbles enemies up ...
    2.Dmg randomly sometimes does dmg to enemy in bubble , sometimes saves them
    3.visualy the ugliest thing i seen (dont like it grown with bosses that hold them like 0.5 sec)
    4.Using emp pulse etc to brake it doesnt always work

So currently i just took it of my loadout ... considering changing powers again due to one ability that makes me sad.

anyone else feel that way?
  2. Good vs Evil Active Player

You mean stasis field? If so I dont really like it either but I still use scrap of the soul clock because my character uses an iconic supercharge.

As far as stasis field goes, I dont use it. It doesnt fit my characters thematic and its more of a nuisance rather than a decent ability to have, they definitely need to change the supercharge generator to something more practical, no one want an encase for a super charge generator, or atleast I dont.
    • Like x 3
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah Gadgets is extremely strong in every category in DPS (both might and prec) and trolling...except THIS. Every gadgets player hates stasis field. But when you consider every power has strengths and weaknesses and you look at the weaknesses or other powersets vs Gadgets, the suckiness of stasis field is pretty insignificant comparatively. At least you can clip it with several things. When trolling I always clip with Defribeilator and then immediately hit napalm grenade to break the encasement. If one wanted to use it in prec, you can clip it with Battle Display in or out of stealth. I have a prec battletroll loadout that clips stasis field > Distract > Defibrilator > Battle Display all seamlessly and instantly to where it almost looks like a single animation. In that loadout I really like Stasis Field since it’s fully clippable and also is the defense debuff which is the only debuff I’d want to carry in my battletroll LO. It would suck if I had to carry two seperate powers to debuff defense and generate SC so it works well. I’m not sure how clippable it is when trying to work it in to a might DPS rotation. I think most Might DPS go without it but I could be wrong about that.
    • Like x 1
  4. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Good thank god im not alone on this thank you guys, lets hope developers understand this also.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The devs made a comment last year that they want to revisit supercharges and make them more 'super'. Until then you do have other options for a SC from the iconic tree.
  6. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

yes but im only talking about supercharge generator ability
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

It's amusing, because they were going to but because of the outcry of how players were feeling on the non SC powers, they scrapped the original idea. Originally, Supercharge powers would be just like normal powers and that's why an SC generator was created.

Edit: and gadgets initially had it on Decoy. Which was actually kind of broken compared to the other powersets PI generators.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Don’t hold your breath on anything being done about it. Not only is it somewhat rare that they can ever set aside some time to address powerset issues, but you have to consider that other powersets have powers that are utterly broken and/or entire categories of powers that are significantly subpar and/or are without any power at all that performs key functions (ex. Mental doesn’t have a single knockdown power). Yeah, Gadgets’ stasis field is a clunky animation And it’s an encasement which nobody likes. But those negatives aren’t anywhere near as negatively impactful to gameplay as the issues I mentioned above are for other powers.

Sure, from a selfish perspective of my own personal wants and what would benefit me, I would love to see something done about stasis field. But from a boader gamewide community perspective, if they fixed stasis field before fixing other powers in the game that are waaayyy more broken or imbalanced; I seriously wonder how out of touch they are with the players.
    • Like x 2
  9. Fwames Well-Known Player

Or they could just swap it with other skills that doesn't encase the heck out of things.

In my head, it could be awesome if self-destruct could explode the enemies and suck them in like the lasso. The only problem with this is how clunky the animation and how slow the encasements actually encases adds in which actually negates clipping statis with self-destruct.

Annnd I also hate that the tank loses aggro after encasements are broken and that they can't pull encased adds as they roll/slide away.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

The aggro iirc isn't lost while encased, but yeah they can't pull them.

The reasoning they put it on it has to do with how they set damage, cc, power cost, cool down, and pi setup. All generators should have the same cost, setup a pi, and do the same amount of damage.

I'm not sure what power they would essentially nerf making it a sc generator. Though if they do, they could adjust for stasis to do more damage. LoL
  11. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Maybe just isntead of a encasing bubble, SC generator could be a mass stickybombs throws alot of bombs infront for all enemies get the daze effect etc
  12. BumblingB I got better.

You have to think in the confines of what is available and by the rules they set on what makes a sc generator.
  13. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

well how is that any different then shrapnel from lets say munitions , how that even works as a SC generator ;) its a hard task either way, but encasing bubble shouldnt be a generator in a sense either, and they like to re-use existing animations/effects so sticky bomb alreadt exists
  14. BumblingB I got better.

All SC generators do very little damage, have a somewhat long cool down and setup a PI. So if they put it on another power, it would essentially be a nerfed power.
  15. Hath No. New Player

Your only going to get gadgets looked at and possibly nerfed, its probably thee number 1 dps power in the game and this lite sc problem isnt holding it back what so ever . Please stop whilst your ahead.
  16. Fwames Well-Known Player

My bad, that is what I mean just didn't expound it enough.

I remember when I first trolled as gadgets when the tank told me he is loosing aggro because he can't pull them and refresh.

And yeah... If they tweak gadgets' SC-gen to another ability then I guess it would be another round of balancing other skills within the powerset in which could be the chopping block for gadgets. Since.... You know..... They kinda kill everything they touch.. All for the flavor of the month of course.
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

My main is gadgets and its my favorite power, On the troll side i use the battle drone finisher and on dps side i use the poison gas finisher. For arts i use the trans card,the strat card and the grim book.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In the raid groups I run with, one of the DPS is usually using an Encasement Breaker as part of their regular rotation. So the problem usually resolves itself very quickly. Otherwise, I break them myself using Napalm Grenade, Sticky Bomb, or Self-Destruct Signal. I usually prefer using Sticky Bomb since it has some other advantages.

History Lesson
    The development team did try out some other ideas when setting up the Supercharge Generator for Gadgets. The very first version of Revamp Gadgets that hit PCTest had Holographic Decoy being the Supercharge Generator:

Holographic Decoy
    • Supercharge generator
    • Inflicts Terror
    Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-gadgets.283276/

That version of Revamp Gadgets was horrible to play.

With with the way the powers were trying to be pigeon-holed into specific roles during the early Revamp process, Gadgets didn't have many options for its Supercharge Generator. Some of Gadgets abilities like Cryo-Foam didn't even exist in the first Revamp. So the Supercharge Generator was eventually moved to an overhauled Stasis Field. To help reduce the encasement annoyance, the ability to immediately destroy the encasements was added to several powers.
    • Like x 1
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If you cast an encasement breaker immediately after stasis field or whatever power you clip stasis field with, the window of time where a pull would work is incredibly slim. My best guess would be .75 seconds give or take. The likelihood of a scenario popping up where the precise timing of a tanks pull just so happens to, by sheer bad luck align with that small sliver of time AND that the cause and effect of said specific individual pull being rendered ineffective had a significant enough impact to the group to cause a wipe is EXTREMELY improbable.

The two primary ranged encasement breakers are commonly used debuff powers, so it shouldn’t be too challenging to find a troll loadout that can utililize stasis field unless you’re running the BOP commlink and refuse to utilize your stealth tray. But even then it’s still possible. As for DPSing, you won’t have enough dominance in any of the more recent DLC’s to encase while DPSing in a raid. Though I do know it throws a wrench in parsing with the sparring target having a stupid low dom threshold. But that’s an issue that we’ve already taken up and have been fighting the good fight.
  20. Heywiar Committed Player

If you're trolling you can time it against the crowd control of the adds to where it won't encase or CC them.