Time to grant us the PVP feat points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thunderstrikke, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Please grant all players the 30 or so feat points associated with PVP and the Last Laugh DLC. And add the styles to the vendors for marks. Now for those of you whose instant reaction is, “you got to earn them”: I actually already earned about 22 pts of them, so I personally only stand to gain about 8. That said, 30 pts is hardly game breaking in a world with 570 some skill point available. My reasoning is two fold:

1. We have been told ad nauseam that PVP is broken and the developers have no interest in putting any resources to it in the future. If they aren’t putting any time and resources in, why should we?
    2. The feats are basically impossible to get. I pvped regularly though launch up to Amazon Fury part 3, took and extended break, and came back at Deluge. I’m lucky if I earned a point or two since coming back; the only thing to you can get to que are 1 or 2 mans, if that. You just simply can’t get these done, no matter how much time and effort you put into trying.
    • Like x 15
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Don't support the idea, sorry. There's other ways to incentivize people to get PVP feats.
    • Like x 7
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

or just get rid of the feats, you got em you got em, if not then oh well....
    • Like x 1
  5. Good vs Evil Active Player

Dont agree, eventually they will have to do a PvP rework or tweak at some point in the future, so just granting feats for the sake of "may as well" wouldnt really be fair or right. Heck I dont even agree with granting feats for using CR boosts, if you use a CR boost the only thing that should be boosted is CR, not SP but thats a whole other conversation.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. If they had the time to do any of this, they have time to fix PvP.
    • Like x 1
  7. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Like?
    • Like x 3
  8. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Unless developers completely reverse course from what they have been saying for the last 3 or so years, no, they won't.
    • Like x 3
  9. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Thanks for the well thought out, reasoned response.
    • Like x 3
  10. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

I'm not a programmer, but I would think auto granting a few feats is much less work on the development side than fixing PVP. And quite frankly, 1) I don't even know what "fixing" means at this point 2) Even if they fix it, I'm not certain folks are going to come running back to it. Only way I see forcing people to do it is to make a PVP DLC for which players can earn highest tier PVE armor, which even as I sit here typing it, sounds, and is, ridiculous.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Ideally fixing PVP, just telling them to give away everything from a game mode because it has broken elements is silly, once we head down that track PVE will be next, I mean how could you justifiably say No, the moment somethings broken in PVE you'll have people demanding hands outs based on precedent.

The other option is to run event weeks/weekends on select maps, put in some new rewards to incentivize running it, the rewards could simply be entirely cosmetic with no additional feats and people would do it, even if broken. It might be broken but remember you're still getting rewarded for losses and its highly unlikely people would lose every time.
    • Like x 5
  12. Good vs Evil Active Player

Eventually is.......eventually, they arent going to leave PvP like it currently is until DCUO shuts down. Im sure one of these GU's are going to be PvP focused sooner or later.
  13. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the current PVP landscape; however, if there were interesting rewards I would consider doing it again. For example, if there were unique maps for PVP that gave out Survival Mode rewards that had cost 14 data chips and less, I think that would be incentive enough for more people to queue for those PVP maps, even if were just for the rewards alone.
    • Like x 2
  14. spikeat Well-Known Player

1. When has PVP not been broken?
    2. Impossible? Not impossible, the queue time are just longer, so the feats are still attainable. The 8-man takes the longest to queue. I still have leaguemates who queue in to PVP.

You've been PVP since launch to AF3? That's 5 years. I think it only took me 3-4 weeks to complete all the pvp feats, although it does depend on your skill level that determines how quickly you get them done. The feats doesn't even require that many wins.

Like you said 30 SP is hardly game breaking and if you look at it from their end, it's not enough to hinder gameplay. Why would they grant the 30SP when there are 540 other skill points in the game?

The only way devs get the PVP population up is to take a revenue hit. If PVP dropped quarks, then a lot of players will farm it.

If you're diehard trying to complete every feat in the game, then you will always have something to do by chasing these pvp feats.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

They don't want loss farming and of course you wouldn't lose every time, but more than half is enough for you to walk away from it.

Based on what someone said, if you fight against a atomic user, this can be VERY frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Currently the new PVE content 'encourages' loss farming, as you don't have to beat the world bosses to get a reward; if this is continued in the new DLC then we know it the new way of farming going forward. It would not be surprising if the devs consider using it more often (with better loss rewards) to encourage players to participate in PVP matches.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Well, it's a new set of devs, it's possible, but I doubt it. There is still a threshold of participation you need to do to get the free aether.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

What do people think happened throughout the history of PVP, do people honestly think they were winning all the time and that there wasn't a lot of people that inevitably ground out everything through either a combination or winning and losing or heck some people did just honestly grind it all out through entirely losing.

There are lots of pvp feats that can easily be ground out simply through participation, thing is people no longer want to even try, we had this discussion in the last thread though :D
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I think we had a different one, but PvP threads are very common, hard to keep track. I won't talk about PvP history and gameplay, but I can talk about this.

Oh, I ground out the feats. I won more than loss. I still need some lair ones and a few other ones, like skin of your teeth duels. I won't touch it, like you said. What does that say about the community that agrees with me? Do you think the ideas you put forth would help get the spark again? Honest question. Do you think a bonus week and events would spark a want to do it even after? I don't. I think it will be just like LPvE and do what you can and not play any until a potential next one happens.

This is not a fix and a wrong way of thinking. It shows you that it's content that players don't play. Thankfully LPvE was mostly made on Loche's free time. So it wasn't money wasted. But what does that say about PvP? If players DON'T play it and the devs don't touch it, then what?
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think you were here then when they ran a bonus week when they introduced the Belle Reeve map, lots of people were running that weekend despite the fact it was broken, hell even the pets were broken so people were just spamming 2 face and circe, it was still fun though and loads of people were playing, you ask why, because of the feats they put in there to win 50 rounds.

Ask yourself then, why would a weekend event for Australia, Hall of Doom, Safehouses, Watchtower, not be equally successful. They don't even have to necessarily fix the balance issues, chuck a few cosmetics peoples way along with the feats, make an event out of it and it'll work just the same.