New Wonderverse Mission & Feats

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The shadow concoction is a consumable de-taunt from T4. Though some people have reported that they don’t always work in newer content. But they’ve worked perfectly as intended for me the few times I’ve used them. I guess it’s a YRMV situation.

And hey, I’ve always advocated that players play the game however they want and most enjoy. After all, that’s kind of the entire point of playing a game. Besides, Lebron seems to have had no problem achieving success accomplishment at the highest of high levels despite “Lebroning”. So keep on keepin on. :D

“I ain’t mad at ya. Got nothin’ but love fo ya. Do ya thing...”
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ahh, so it’s everybody within a certain AoE? Haven’t had the chance to run it yet. I’m guessing immunity is no bueno as well?
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We are no longer in the initial weeks...more like the final weeks. It's not unresonable to think that most people worked on their 100 count during the last 2 bonus weeks A) because a lot of people were doing them and B) we would have been working on the Aether drops anyway. They could have introduced this new task during the last bonus week or maybe could have given us an hint a while ago that something else like this was coming.

I'm perfectly fine with them adding new things to do late in the game, but when it's a grind that runs on the exact same rotation as the grind most people have already ground out it's a bit annoying as it's repeated effort. Again, I point to Synn being added on the Nth Metal golem spawn when it could have been a 2nd spawn. By the time he was added most had finished their 77 count of Nth Golem (even if they didn't 1st day it...but doing 4 or 5 a week instead), then we had to keep killing it to get Synn's 25 done.

The point where a game becomes UN-Fun is where we are forced to do certain tasks, aka 'Grind', things. This is amplified when you are doing the same thing for little or no reward. To be fair, I think the 390 max count (I believe....'hope' is a better word though) is not terrible, and the shared credit makes it easy to get 30-40 stones per 30 min rotation...10-13 more bounty passes (aka 5-6.5 hours) is not the end of the world. It is however not adding much 'fun' either...I'll get mine done before the new DLC...I don't need them done today...but it will take more than 1 pass each week (which is all I was going to do otherwise at this point), so by definition it IS additional grind.
    • Like x 3
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I'm just really confused why they thought adding Circe coming in and performing a bunch of graphical transformations during battles that the largest portion of their player base needs to turn down their settings for to begin with was a good idea. As far as I can tell Circe doesn't add anything to the fight outside of a 'stun' while you transform.
    • Like x 1
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Not a fan of her newer look, myself.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Somehow lots of people have questions about Cheeta.... so you had to know Multiverse would make a video. ;)
    • Like x 4
  8. Eve YouTuber

Helpful! Thanks, I will attempt to work on this feat tomorrow :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Glad we got some new feats. Looking forward to the zeus aura and back up trinket.

Question, is this the last new styles we will see? I was hoping we might get a different chroma material and some other styles.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

More is coming.
    • Like x 6
  11. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Thank you:)
    • Like x 1
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

"More" as in using that giant pavilion for more than just a place for Cheetah to (allegedly) spawn?
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Hi there!

You think we can expect a Bludhaven/chemo (like the alert we had which is like 9 years old) type of DLC in the near future?

I think most people i know have seen enough of wonderwomen or atlantis and Batman.
    • Like x 2
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Finally dropped from me on Sunday.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Put on your skeleton trinket from last year's Halloween, and pop the new trinket...it's a mini skeleton ambush! I half expect Ash to pop up with his boomstick.
    [IMG]
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think the addition of the counter feats was to get all of us that were done back in to the mix. I had only been doing 1 pass per week for at least the last month. I'm done with circes deal so I'm done with bounties yet again. Now the "backfire" part of this was that I will not bother with counter feats again till the last 2 weeks of dlc and I'm sure many others won't either. I did them early then something was added. Then again. So now I'll just wait and not bother with them other than getting the coins needed to buy what I want. Not that I was surprised stuff was added or angry that it was but I could have knocked out a lot at once. Also, I literally stand theer. Not sure that's the best way to get people back to helping with bounties. Fill the room with low cr/ skip toons and let them go nuts. Maybe they beat it maybe they don't but I stopped burning once I heard circes voice.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed, I think that was the idea. However, for me, it's just additional burn out on the same thing. If they added a new 'boss' like Circe was in the big Gazebo and spawned when Hydra did if one boss was missed or something....or spawned like the rest of the bounties up till WV, just whenever she's knocked out, it would be different...not mixed into the same 30 min cycle we've been doing for 3 months. As far as I'll remember this DLC, it was just one long 30 min rinse and repeat cycle for 2-3 months. Raid? What raid? That would detract from the endless 30 min cycles.

Someone else already said it. It seems like the devs think we NEED something we have to do every day, or do a massive amount of something in one or two long sittings. Personally I'd like to NOT have something I feel I need to do every day. Maybe take a day off? Or go run some other stuff for you know ....'fun'? I know we are partially to blame as people murder the content in 2 or 3 days, then come back and say 'we need stuff to do....sooooo bored', but not everyone wants that. Maybe the next DLC will be the 'lax' one where you can play 3 or 4 days a week, keep up, and finish by DLC's 'end'. Especially with Christmas and the Anniversary event coming up. Those are enough grind in and of themselves.
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My biggest gripe is still all about prestige. We are never short in the league I'm in. But we really aren't running anything other than wv. We've made the decision to spend Saturdays running old content now but if they really want us running this stuff and keeping he rooms full, we need prestige. 20 per boss, gen mods donatated to get some, cra0 gear, whatever. We're all playing more than ever but not getting any.
    Waiting to see what legion dlc is all about. If it is similar, I know a lot of us won't run open world nearly as much, waiting till the end of the dlc is just the smarter move it seems. Lesson learned