First tease to Episode 39 Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

If they do such a thing, they sure as heck had better include Hawk and Dove as the Earthbound Agents of Chaos and Order, respectively. :D

I mean, it's bad enough that they've been left out of any/all of the Titans episodes ... but putting them on the initial advertisement for Birds of Prey and then NOT putting them in the episode was a figurative dagger to the gut. I loves me some Honk and Donk.
    • Like x 1
  2. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I know the team puts a lot of hard work into this game. And I do appreciate it. But I think a lot of people feel like they've seen this all before in Gotham Wastelands.

But, since we are using the new Legion, fighting Mordru in the streets of Planet Gotham would have been cool -
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Or if you want to reuse an existing location, then Smallville would have been perfect as it set the stage for Mordru's debut adventure -
    [IMG]

I do like the Emerald Empress location as it looks like Vengar -
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm holding off on any judgements at all until the dlc drops. I fully expected to hate both Birds of Prey & the first Metal, but enjoyed both, so that's where assumptions get me. I will say, however, that, while I'm a bit underwhelmed by the first image, the second one I like, a lot. as Nightcrawler I think rightly points out, it obviously meant to be Vengar, or at least inspired by Vengar, & going to Vengar's a good start, for me.
    • Like x 1
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yeah looks like a zerox allright.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

BoP was fun and funny. I don't know if it was amazing, but it was refreshing. On the other hand, Metal I hated and walked in hating it. Ran content, still hated it. I am bias, because I think Metal was the worst thing that Dan Didiot added to the DCU. I'm not foolish to think only my views matter. I know a lot of people like Metal and I know a lot of the players liked the content. I'm also sure the devs would do amazing with the story given to them.

My problem is how much magic do we need introduced each DLC?

Looking back at the DLC list, Superman seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick. He got Classic raids then came back to die. They sprinkled in a few instances during monthly content that were Superman themed, but nothing major.
    • Like x 4
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

[IMG]now this is more like it.
    • Like x 10
  7. Eve YouTuber

Donation well done :D *Proud of myself*
    • Like x 4
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is what I was hoping to see as well. I'm satisfied with my service now. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First of all, these teasers look great already, however this future metropolis looks still way too similar to the recent one and a big part of why that is, is the fact that windows are still just painted squares.

Okay, of course you can't make it look like Gta V buildings and customize every single window, but you did some great jobs on the windows in war torn village in the past and this is what would make this map outstanding and increases the immersion easily by 50% imo.
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

BoP was the worst thing since Riddle with Crime.
    All was wrong, the enemies, the location in Metropolis, the Sirens without Gotham, the spotlight on Harley, Barbara Batgirl missing.
    I hated it.
    • Like x 2
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The two head styles I always wanted in this game: Firestorm, which we have, and Validus.

[IMG]

Can you imagine it with a clear shell and the brain with a chroma style? :D
  13. Fwames Well-Known Player

So are the heroes and villains gonna share the same roof (literally) again like BoP?
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

BoP in Metropolis was a huge mistake, they should used less crowded zones of Gotham in day light. Now after those teasers, Legion episode doesnt look very promising.
    They shoulda show the new characters instead, I have 0 hype or hope for this upcoming episode.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hmm, until I saw this I’d gotten a futuristic vibe from the little slice of info we got previously. Seems I might have been waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy off, lol. Looks good though.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I agree with you on all your points. (Except for the Batgirl part. Oracle is still a better hero and I loved Barbara. Batgirl.)

I said it was refreshing, not amazing.

And I agree, riddle with crime was a terrible dlc based on a silly comic crossover.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Advertising isn't cheap to begin with, and TV advertising is most likely on the pricey end of things. Plus it's the networks that are going to determine what ads go where on their programming, not WB.

Even with the WB/DC connection, that doesn't mean they're obligated to advertise the game. That's more likely to fall on Daybreak/Dimensional Ink's shoulders, and it's very VERY rare to see advertising for a game that was released just about 10 years and two console generations ago. The advertising goes into the lead-up to launch and for a short while after launch, then it's pretty much over. The only exception to that rule I can think of is the exception to every MMO rule, and that's WoW.
    • Like x 1
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Last tv commercial for DCUO that I remember seeing was for Hand of Fate in the fall of 2012 (it was airing on Adult Swim and during syndicated shows on WGN). I was pretty shocked it was still getting tv ads nearly two years after the launch tv ads aired.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

Saturn Girl revealed! :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

GORGEOUS. wow. I want those boots so bad. Probably built in but still. Honestly I want the whole slimline style. We really are desperate for updated slimlines. *sigh*
    • Like x 2