Adaptive Augments complaint.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

The episode augments do give a percentage bonus. Despite the base stats being lower iirc the wearing the appropriate augments will give you slightly higher stats than wearing whatever augments have the highest base stats. True for all except Titans. I took about a four year break from the game and have been back since May. I'm actually fine with leveling new augments every episode but at the very least I'd love a qol update where if our augments are at 23 they automatically equip in relevant content according to our role. I also like the idea of having two sets of augments (dps and support) that we upgrade episode to episode.
  2. Walvine Well-Known Player

You can buy adaptive support august in each episode too.
    It would be nice to have tree archives in the exobyte fusing menu because adaptive aug list is getting to long and I do not want to break them up because the bonus on some are still valid.

1 cost people forget that cost is called time it's fine i gues if you dedicate self to single toon but when comes to players who dedicate to multi toons farming adaptive catalyst and throwing source marks into constantines bottomless pit just to gamble on breakthroughs that's only garenteed success with pay to win items thats an x5+# time constraint stress out for premium status up.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seems like the major complaint is the fact it's hard to grind these out because of the components needed, less due to the very cluttered 'fortify' menu if you keep them. One change they need to roll back is making the Exos ONLY work on the appropriate augment...a change this DLC. It made the grind worse (IMHO) as we couldn't drop in salvage Exos or ones from past DLCs. One thing they should keep is the ability to buy the catalysts. My usual issue is not getting the Exos to feed the augs, it's the cats to do the breakthroughs...with them in the Aether vendor that was not a huge issue this time.

And remove the breakthrough failures...or increase our odds of success. We have enough stuff to burn seals on...it's enough already.

Personally I've got adaptives still from all the DLCs. The buffs are still enough benefit to outweigh the seemingly trivial amount of XP you get feeding it to a new one. It's usually barely enough to make the 1st breakthrough point...so I just keep them (or at least 1 of them, depending on if the buff they give is based off 2 socketed or not). The fortify menu does get a bit unruly, but to me thats the least of the issues.
  4. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

My issue is finding the adapter for a particular older content. So many augs now to scroll through. Multiply that by 4 (two augs per role), if your mains do both. Not sure if devs have taken an UI class, or maybe google tips/avoid pitfalls basic UI design. It's like they don't think about how it looks few episodes from now.

Put a folder, use a number system, sort with most recent episode to oldest, something. If people run old elite again, I keep my old adapters around to help them.

But over time, have to remember which level (solo/duo/alert/raid) belongs to which DLC. Then match that to the names of the adaptive aug. Some of the names OK, like coral or dark. Metal is metal but is that part 1 or 2. Warsuit is bird of prey, because batwoman mainframe/lex coins?

Put the adaptive aug name or dlc name in the description of the raids.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I like the system the way it is now EXCEPT for the breakthrough crap. I like that people are tempted to and tend to get rid of them to quickly level the new ones and/or people’s lack of mathematical proficiency has them thinking the increased static stats outweigh the % buffs and other benefits. It makes me look that much more OP by comparison as I always keep at least one per role, sometimes both depending on the benefits.

And for those players that seem to be perpetually resistant to releveleling past DLC augments, the catalysts tend to mosty be in the 10K-50K a pop range and the XP requirements are always a significant percentage less and less the older the DLC is. And exobytes get pretty damn cheap towards the end of DLC’s as well. Just for example, you could probably level two Metal II augments for less than 10mil and that’s factoring in failed breakthroughs since it’s a waste to use seals when catalysts are dirt cheap. But despite the very low cost of time and resources, so few do it. Works for me.

#BattleSmarterNotHarder
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

So you like having 20-30 different adaptive augments in your fortify tab? You are a better person than me, I'll tell you that.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sure, It’d be nice if there was a sorting option that would stick so that We could have an idea of where in the list any particular augment(s) would be. That way we could quickly find it visually in case there’s a need to swap quickly on the fly. But ultimately it’s not any more burdensome than swapping boos in and out, different pets and trinkets for different scenarios, orbitals and supply drops in and out based on mechanics, buff soders, white mods in gear (which made a return as a regular thing this DLC, ugh), and last but not least artifacts.

At least augments are in a singular linear line. Everything else I just mentioned can get bounced all around a giant inventory screen and sometimes even in to the bank as we activate different armories.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

How exactly do you get 182?
  9. Berza Committed Player

BoP: 3 from daily missions, 3 from alert, 1 from solo, total 7, 7x7=49, 8x3=24 from weekly missions, total 73, 8x2= 16 from raids, total 89.
    WV: 1 free, 4 from daily missions, 3 from alert, 1 from solo, 9x7=63, 8x2=16 from weeklies, 8 from raid, total 87.
    BoP+WV= 89+87=176. Seems I did a mistake last time and added 6 from nowhere, but the difference is not so big.
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

8 from raids? Pretty sure 1 raid gives 10
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

The 6 is from the 3 raids, you're only claiming its 8 when its 10 by default, and 12 a raid with top 2 augments
  12. BumblingB I got better.

It's because you can get 7 from the vault weekly. Then if you are legendary, you can get 1 per prom box. That if you get one per day, that's another 7. That would be 14 more.

Of course, this goes with if you can actually get to do all this content within the week. Low population servers, like the switch, don't get this benefit. I think the devs need to re-evaluate each server if they are unable to do a merger.
  13. Berza Committed Player

It's probably those 2 from each raid. So 182 as I stated first time. But augments don't increase Source Marks gained, only Splintered Coins. Elite gives 13 SM I think.
  14. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

After then mention of a new episode, I really hope that the devs take this into consideration.