Picking a side

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Innerknightmare, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

And here i was gonna try an recruit all of ya to come play w/us hahaha
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well we've tried joining other leagues and it's just worked out, rather the league isnt helpful or doesn't help us run feats it's always something, so we went back a league we made 4 or so years back but gave to a alt to hold just incase, and been in it since and agreed to remain in it and not recruit unless we all agree 100% for it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sure it is. The bosses scale to group size. A quality group of 8-10 can take them down.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

That's what they've said. I've not seen any in-game evidence to support it. Smaller groups see more frequent failures, and larger groups get successes easily, even when large numbers of players are dead and refusing to release (allegedly increasing the difficulty while contributing nothing).

Scaling may have been the intentions of the development team, but if they tried to implement it, then it is definitely broken.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve beat them with smaller groups of ten or less. That would not have been possible in the time limit if the health wasn’t scaled down.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

But who does that and why? As long as theres OP phases that get 30-45 sec kills then just join an get it done.
    The amount of kills needed for feats (via counters themselves and/or aetheres to buy the stuff) is just nuts.
    Breeze through an get it done
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I think he was just saying doing it in a smaller phase is indeed doable as alot like to say you cant do them without 30+ ppl
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sometimes on my tank alt (although, to be honest, after losing access to my primary acc (it took a very long time to recover "lost" passwords and other information) and starting on a new acc from scratch, it became like the main one ...) doing daily tasks I I find myself in a situation when at the same time the event with the boss starts, in order to kill two birds with one stone ... I combine the daily task and tanking the boss (3 extra marks ) ... sometimes seeing that the boss just tickles me and cannot kill me, someone sometimes joins in spite of the fact that there are no more than 5-6 people gathering, the boss is successfully killed in due time (sometimes it even becomes the beginning of a new OP phase ...) ... sometimes not ...
    • Like x 2
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ummm, they’re on timers. Kill em in ten seconds or five minutes, that feat counter ain’t going up any faster. Plus, I guess I’m one of those rare players that derives their enjoyment from challenging gameplay and not how fast I can mindlessly speed-smash through content. Also, while it’s better than at the beginning of the DLC, NOBODY likes that mega-group lag, especially us players with combo-power toons. While I appreciate that my main gets momentarily reunited with my stolen beloved aka the 4th flurry tick, that crap is mindlessly easy and super annoying.

Also, even for those players who prefer to take advantage the best opportunities to speed smash through content, anyone who still needs the feats or aethers after new DLC launches and spam groups become much rarer, they still have the option to just build a normal size raid group to get them done, especially with new DLC gear, mods, etc. I feel bad for the players who will still need to do them and have been misinformed that mega-groups are necessary.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

. Yup, I do the exact same. And I actually get to visually see Murks charges! Spolier alert, he actually does charge and not Quantum Tunnel 1-shot everybody like it would appear he does during the mega group spams, lol.

Also, without all that lag I can actually tumble around the entire hydra arena, grab EVERY Spartol, even if there’s 20+ and battletank them LIKE A BOSS! :D
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I've seen a group of 7 (me included) beat Steppenwolf and Kalibak on the switch. It's was a very close one, but we did it.

They scale with the number of players in the area. On PC, I've seen 8-12 players do it, and it goes faster than the phase full ones, because their health and defense is way lower.

It's the Hydra that more players makes for a better success rate. I know, because the switch has proved that point to me so often. Just went through 2 whole cycles, both times, Hydra was a failure. And it's not because we aren't doing the mechanics, just burn was not equaling the scale they had set. All the other bosses went by beautifully.
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

agreed fully,
    Im not suggesting nor sayin big groups are nescessary, just sayin that there will be plenty of opportunity to “tough it out for the joy of the challenge” later.
    I love me a good challenge too but i dont see any sense in pasisng up the OP phasese while they are here and yes, the new comers will never be able to get those feats, not in this format. No one is gonna dedicate that much grind time to help them. I feel for those peeps
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do wonder how the scaling works? Is it sheer numbers in the phase, is it numbers in the active boss area (the orange square where the 'battle' is) or is it people who've interacted in some way...either actively or passively...that sets the scale? Is the scale static once set or does it adjust as more arrive? I've been in smallish groups(8-10 actively fighting) where we crushed the bosses with a min+ to spare, but also in the same size group where it's not even close...less than half health gone by the time the timer expires. Now you can definitely say that the groups were completely different levels of skill...These were different groups on different days, but I'm talking about a huge discrepancy. I chalked it up to too many people in the vicinity setting the scale high, but I'm not sure how it actually works to know if that's true or not.

Be cool if we could get a 'green' answer on how it actually works.