The Villain Problem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Oct 12, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

The downside to the player list is, they might bug it again. lol When the set the alignment top to bottom, it still reverts back to a bottom to top. lol

Color coding isn't bad, but they already have one to designate group leader and different points on your minimap. It would make for some confusing elements.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

True, although they could just color code purple for villain, yellow for hero and make it so the group lead has a special icon like a star or something next to their name to indicate, they're lead.

That would probably even be an improvement over having the group lead just colored yellow.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, "Who has lead?" People ask when everyone is spread out in different places, like their lair or WT.

#sobatmansentyou #goodtimes
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I bought a gaming PC recently and wanted to see how much different the game is on it. I might come back with my PS account, haven't decided yet.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I've been playing on PC and Switch myself. Definitely different elements and atmosphere. And good luck with villain side there. Pretty much only one league on there too.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was surprised last night, phase shifter looked more busy than I remember, and there was heavy activity in the night clubs. I don't think there's a huge population problem, I think there's a "no one wants to run anything" problem. If you aren't in an active league then you're screwed. I wanted to start fresh and make a new toon on PC just to see how much has changed in the leveling process and early tiers, but good luck finding groups to run FOS and the bat caves. Surprised those aren't cross fraction yet. Basically have to rely on the events to build your CR up and you're missing out on a bunch of feats that only leagues really grind for.

It's still rough out there for a new player.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I can argue that is a population problem. More heroes means more chances of getting a group going. Back before crossplay was introduced, it was like this on villain side. Funny how we are back.
    That's pretty much hero side of the switch. LoL There are only a few "active" people that run stuff regularly and if you miss joining them, it's pretty much a solo game. But that's not this thread's topic. lol

Oh no doubt. New players that join will have a hard time running content and leveling. I'm actually appreciative of the event DLC stuff and for sure, open episodes is the best addition to this game and it appears to be showing as it's now a semi-permanent feature.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Question...so if you decide you do not want to see the hero chat, but are broadcasting in villain chat, then some hero invites you to his group because he IS viewing the shared chat...do you forsee the fact you would be blocked from being invited or that you would be able to be invited but then could say 'no thanks' and walk out once you see it's heroes?

For the record, I'd see the simplest way to implement the single LFG is just use the existing 2 LFG channels (there are 2...one villains see and one heros see...currently both named LFG, so both would need to be renamed to differentiate the 2) so we can either add the opposing faction (I'd use 2 different colors too) or NOT add it. An optional switch to turn off/on cross faction grouping/chats would probably cover the 'I don't want to be invited'. Maybe something in ignore to 'ignore all hero...ignore all villain', which would block chats AND group invites in theory as ignore does today for individuals. That one might be too far as it would also block versus chat, duels and other things too.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh agreed, i would honestly be ok either way. If im group building, I want the option. Its like u check league chat before branching out to LFG. I would then add the branching to all chat or global or whatever u call it. My route when im shouting to build would be league > villans > mixed.
    Now if im shouting to be added to someone elses group then however they set it up wouod be fine. Its their group not mine. Plus, if the devs wanted to block me from being added because i was currently blocking hero chat or whatever then thats cool. It was after all, my choice, to turn that “mixed” feature off at that time.
    If it were to be somethin we actively turned on/off Then however it worked wouod be fine on that front. I still prefer the much simpler addition of a “global” chat tab. That way like we do with group, league, lfg, etc its just another option we can look at and shout in or not
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's not true, I'm not in a established league, it's me and 3 friends I've ran with for the last 8 years. It's the same 3 I ran with the last time you were playing.

And I'm currently sitting at CR316 with 499sp.