Healer Issue. Maybe I am confused

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jim Wise, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Artifacts, artifacts, artifacts! Unfortunately, artifacts are needed at least level 80, to get the first level of ability of that artifact. Since you used the CR skip, the best advice is to take a week or two and farm dailies, lower tier content to achieve any missed feats(SPs are just as important kind of at your level) and farm Nth metal. Electric is a fun power but healing is reactive, until higher levels of artifacts, Electricity doesn't have what called HoTs(heal over time) powers. Bio-capacitor is the only fall back heal it has, if used properly. Unfortunately, it's a grind or money pit to get your character to a decent level to be a proper healer.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Couple things :

First, that's pretty much the core Electricity Healer Loadout. Add Arc Lightning, and maybe Electrogenesis (E.Gen and Galvanize basically maintain a HOT cycle for you) - "spam" is not the key with Electric, BTW, but that's something you kinda develop a feel for.

"The reason why you're having an oh **** moment is" -

JLD is actually really solid, really tough content, especially at entry CR. Be nice to yourself, it's not all you dude. I would recommend thinking about what Artifacts you want, going forward. But that's a point in the game where you'll wanna kinda pick a focus and stick to it for a bit - if you're gonna heal, build a Healer for the time being, instead of splitting effort between support / DPS.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

nope you could run everything before with out a single mod all the way up to the time hey were removed all yall are talking about is min maxing and none of that is required unless your goal is to top some made up chart that has no relevance. you want that crap to be required because you all grinded so much for them but they arent needed.

do they help sure you get better stats and a few little power perks.

are they stopping someone from progressing? not even a little
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

only to bad players are all those things required. ill state again you guys WANT them to be required because you feel like you put a lot of effort into acquiring them and building them up to a lvl..

do you have to have them to complete content? NO you do not
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True you could run and get carried by players that min maxed. That was the past and we're talking about how the game is now. Do I need to show you which game updates where they buffed the game due to artifacts? It doesn't matter if you're damage or support, if you haven't put in any effort into your build you will be subpar. There is almost no more carrying now. It's either do or go run the event version.
    • Like x 2
  6. Berza Committed Player

I am curious. Do you talk from the experience of healing content with or without artifacts? Because you know, both your healer toons are lacking a lot of feats that you can get by just entering the content.
    Artifacts are required, because the game accounts for the stats they give.

Edit: I just used zonexus check your feats at first. Later I was more curious so I went to the dcuobloguide.com census.
    How are you so expert in the game when the max CR of your toons is 280 and your max SP is 350?
    • Like x 1
  7. L T Devoted Player

As others have posted, JLD-- especially the Alert-- is not the easiest content.

The CR skip tokens, sadly, do not provide everything you need to play at that level. You'll need your augments leveled to about the same level as your gear CR. You'll need probably twice as many skill points as you get for free with the skip (if you don't have 200-225 skill points at CR255 you'll REALLY struggle). And you'll want artifacts leveled to at least 80. If you have access to Lairs, you'll want some decent generator mods. If you don't have access to that, you'll want to make it up with more skill points or higher augments.

Healing can be unforgiving. You may want to consider queuing as a DPS for a while until you build up your stats a bit more.

Good luck!
  8. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I would say on the Healer armour front - the robo-vendor is your friend. You can get Healer armour relatively cheaply in Source Marks from there for now - worst comes to the worst, run daily content for armour boxes and choose healer gear. It shouldn't take too long to change over, or run with a DPS set and a Healer set so you can change over when you fancy.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I probably have a couple of videos on the subject.... here is one I made some time ago.

I probably need to make a new version and talk about Artifacts a bit? Will put that on my to do list. ;)
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You might need them if you are running as solo heal with 3 other DPSs who are also sporting 255 jump toons. Required by the rules...? No. Required by circumstance..? Depends on your group... but likely yes(there are a lot of 255 jumps out there right now). 1 or 2 level 80 augs would make a world of difference if the right ones are picked. You can have 2x level 80 almost right out of the 255 skip box with the Artifacts intro mission and the artifact cache that is granted with the 255, so there is almost no reason NOT to run with a few decent artis. Biggest issue is you won't have access to the best artis until later DLCs (as mentioned already)...so lumping it for a while is probably part of the deal.
    • Like x 1
  11. Walvine Well-Known Player

Jld duo doesn't need healer go dps , jld alert its possible with all in dps role the players must move around allot from the spheres and stay away from flamethrower and last stage the dark pools no healer fault for them getting ko'ed tell them to keep out of the pools, Raids require players that know how to jump role and block lol and a tank or 2 and the tank requires healer focused on them only while the controller stays next to shazam to keep every one alive.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

In a timely manner? Most certainly. If you like those 6 hour runs of the old days sure keep hindering yourself.
  13. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Need full loadout info.

One tip: electricity is amazing when it comes to HoTs, they cost little power and do excellent when stacked. Keep 2 running at all times.
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Electric has HoTs o.0 I know of 1 which it's the 1 that adds the feet aura on 2 ppl (healer and the person closes to healer)

All the other powers are burst, maybe I'm missing something though?
  15. Elda Mad as a Hatter

A more obvious answer, even if you have healer gear, decent arts, decent sp, and you know your power, trying to heal a 300+ cr tank as a 255 healer isn't going to go well.
    and some content scales to the highest cr in the group, so a 255 tank taking a hit for 50% of their health you can easily heal, but a 315 tank taking 50% is gonna take you a long time to heal up.

don't judge your healing off of trying to heal somebody with more health than all of your stats combined. each raid looks for 1 tank/troll/heal, and 5 dps. for cr skip era being that dps might be your best bet unless you queue in with people your cr.
  16. Berza Committed Player

2 HoT for Electric? Electrogenesis is the only HoT in the powerset, unless you are referring to Galvanize, but I won't call a 3 ticks heal as a HoT. And Electrogenesis is a very situational power that requires the group to stay together to be useful.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Content doesnt scale to group members or their levels, not sure where you heard or read that.
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

playing for almost a decade helps. and those sp was before all the pay to progress and most of those fake skill points from lock boxes were added to the game when you actually had to earn them. the game that i loved is a garbage cash grab now in the lines of Neverwinter it breaks my heart to play it so i don't. but I guarantee my brother or sister you give me current gear all by its self and I would do just fine at healing the endgame raids. its only been what 2 or 3 dlcs since i played enough to be current. all those artifacts existed then also and runs went just fine.

I think some of you are confused about what min maxing is
    sure someone could be maxed potential and have a easy i'd say too easy time running content
    or you can just know your role be active and be geared and do your job and get by just fine perhaps it takes another 10 mins to run something but the world won't end because of it..

what causes the thinking that some of you are displaying comes from what i mentioned earlier in other post .

think what you like about me but i promise your wrong happy gaming to ya
  19. Berza Committed Player

Playing for almost a decade is something a lot of us have been doing. And according to the feats your toons are missing, it has been more than a couple of dlcs since you played enough to be current, at least on your 2 healer toons.
    What you seem to don't understand is that when the dev team balances the content, they work with a range of each stat. If you are missing 7 or 10% from each one you will have a very hard time, and for elite feats you will be missing even more, as the above % are based on 120 rank.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Let's make a deal, when someone comes here looking for help to maximize their characters' potential let us current players give the advice. If someone comes here looking for advice on bare minimum I'll let you take the reins.
    • Like x 2