Respectfully, is there any update or information on PvP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ColdFuzion, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I appreciate the post/posts here. I'm sorry, we just don't have a plan to share right now. We have prioritized other things over PvP for the time being.
    • Like x 6
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Everything you mentioned were mechanics or implementations that had come and gone (besides the 5 tap), because they were obviously unbalanced, so why mention them when they aren’t remotely relevant to pvp’s current state? Now, for a fact, the reason for pvp’s CURRENT failure stems directly from stats revamp, with one of the main implementations that worsened its state being the power/power regeneration buff that was given to the superpowered spec, allowing you to spam with no repercussions. This didn’t help pvp at all, and it’s actually worst than AM’s because power spamming can’t be countered
  3. BƖack Dedicated Player

Thanks for reply Mepps. Not what i expected but still...
    And here's the plan: The Remedy for PVP
    • Like x 2
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s unfortunate to hear, because pvp doesn’t need some huge revamp to make it bearable or relevant. In pvp, The superpowered spec just needs a reduction to its power pool and power regeneration to stop the spam
    • Like x 5
  5. BumblingB I got better.

It is, because it is in this state because of it's history. Not because of the stats revamp. All the stats revamp did was make Legends worse. The devs chose not to touch PvP, not because stats revamp broke it, but because they would have to fix the actual problems in the foundation. Supposedly, at the time, it was because it would be too big, but it's been 3 years since.

I'm going to argue that we had the same problem because of AM's power mechanic. I remember being full power bar spamming AMs until I was blue in the face. As long as it had a potential control effect with the powers, it was a hard stun for a lot of players. Then the massive damage and the ability to block break. The power regen now is about the same as the power regen with AMs.

I can also point out the power regen we have now is a direct relation to AM's power mechanic. Because play from the tray couldn't work with the old weapons power regen. And since they were removing the AMs, play from tray had to have something added. This actually made the game more flexible and more like a super hero game. Not a weapon game, which only a small portion of comic book heroes actually use.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I strongly advice to not touch pvp keep on doing PvE until the DLC“s are properly made and worth to buy and play.For easy elite raids which can be done in 15 minutes with 2-3 bosses in it are not fun to play for 4 Months you guys need to rethink about this.

We need more bosses and bigger raids for Elite. With rewards like we had in dark multiverse Elite with the dark robin gift trinket,these kind of 50 feat point items as rewards should be in each dlc once for 1 Elite raid so its worth to reset it with high difficulty.its so easy to fix this issue please do it.
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Back in reality, this question is posted something like three times a week and for about the past five years the answer, given hundreds and hundreds of times, has always been that THERE ARE NO PLANS to address PvP.

I don't know how many more times this question could be answered without it being auto-attached to every post in the forums.

They don't exist. They haven't existed since even before the Stats Matter revamp. This is why they have explained so many hundreds of times, over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over that "there are no current plans to address PvP."

Hint: in English, this does not mean "but we will come up with plans next week, next month, next year, or next decade." It means WE HAVE NO PLANS.

The only positive thing one could say from this endlessly repeated statement is that it's not IMPOSSIBLE that they could change their minds at some point in the future.

But meanwhile there is absolutely no point in asking this question in the forums a dozen times a week, which is not what any one person does, but which the cumulative number of people repeating the same question comes to, seemingly.

It's also been noted innumerable times that the only way PvP would be addressed in future was if there was some way putting in the effort would return the costs of that investment in money and staff.

tl;dr: as regards possible PvP revamping in future: don't call the devs; they'll call you.
    • Like x 3
  8. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

As I understand it spam is a problem now because the stats revamp made some powers uninterruptible, such as atomic spam. Comparatively AM’s were risk vs reward, you’ve also neglected the fact that during the AM era they tried to remove counter immunity, you know, the thing we don’t have now which is yet another reason everything is so spammable. All those pesky PvP complainers, if only they didn’t post with hard evidence showing how terrible the game would be without counter immunity. Compared with all the people that wanted it gone who never posted any evidence for why the game would be better without counter immunity except to say ‘but the game didn’t have it at the beginning’ would have turned PvP into a spam fest long ago. People always talk about PvP not agreeing, I don’t care, the proof of the pudding is in the eating and people who wanted immunity removed should be eating a big serving of humble pie right now, they would have broken PvP a lot earlier, can you imagine what we have now but with AM era damage? Smh

AM era wasn’t great but it wasn’t broken either, broken is things not working as intended, like the bat family MA issue or the Cheetah issue, AM’s worked as intended (for the most part) it just made it not fun if you weren’t one of the top dps powers as you could get blitzed in seconds, not fun yes, broken? No.

I think one of the other issues is that we remembered history differently, I don’t wan to get into a back and forth about who’s memory is correct, but let’s just say we have very different views on the history of PvP.
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Noted. We do have different views and apparently different histories. It could be related to how we approached and experienced PvP. The same is said for PvE.

I will stay out of the PvP threads now.
  10. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Everyone should always feel free to give feedback, my memory is just that, mine, open to bias just as much as anyone else, the only way I’ll know if I’m wrong is if someone challenges me and I always welcome being corrected. I’d rather base my opinions on the truth rather than whatever my biased memory tells me I’m right. All that is to say, please do continue to post about PvP if you want to, plus saying my memory is ‘very different’ is me being hyperbolic more than anything, being as sincere as possible I’d say we have different perspectives on how the same things happened, rather than remembering completely different things.
  11. BƖack Dedicated Player

@DEVs @Mepps @Batuba

Just make Classic Server for DCUO from 2011 or 2013 and all the problems with PVP will be solved.
    2011 and 2013 was the best time for PVP, it was fun, balanced and not broken, many people enjoyed these eras.
    • Like x 2
  12. STORMBORN New Player

Thank you for answer. We understand you prioritized other things have no time and money for pvp.

I have just one question @Mepps
    Is it possible that we pay new programers or everyone and everything that you need to work on fixing pvp?
    Everything on this planet has a price, just tell us. Thank you
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Yall have ran off so many players with your I don't care about the games attitude over the years, every time I see you post it comes off as it is what it is and I don't care. I mean seriously how many years has to past before something is seriously addressed for your player base..
    • Like x 1
  14. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

They touched a system that was near perfect and ruined it . Pvp was amazing in 2012.
    • Like x 2
  15. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Nah stick around you are pretty right pvp was ruined long before stats revamp...
  16. LilYummy New Player

Well they said they are here for another TEN years... Hopefully it doesn't take TEN years to bring back PVP.....
    • Like x 1
  17. Roguester Well-Known Player

too bad the thread is locked :( ,was hoping for alot more feedback and ideas before they lock it
    • Like x 2
  18. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Just say it. “We’re looking to take your money instead of investing it back Into the game and fixing our broken side of the game.” That’ll be better for the community instead of just lying. Hopefully with the new company they release you or you quit like Prey. You lack the enthusiasm to run the community of this game. Maybe they’ll bring Spytle back instead?
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

They’re not generating enough money that allows them to invest in pvp, or anything else that’s outside the realm of the pve umbrella. And spytle was one of the reasons why the population drop via him introducing a slower/ less technical game when introducing weapon mastery
  20. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

EGen7 just paid 300mill to get this game they’re making more than enough money. They’re just lazy and want to line their pockets up with money instead for investing it back into their game.