Curious question for the community.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I have a simple question for you all.

My question is, do you all like how your favorite powers work now in the revamp or do you just wish they left them the same pre-revamp style but fixed/nerfed the Advanced Mechanics bonus damage?

I just want to see all of your opinions.
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

We need a new revamp.

Yesterday.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The standardization is a problem because they are too many different types out there and outliers happened.

Do I like how it is now? I did, but the onset of more artifacts, things are going back to AMs. Having these things introduced and are a huge section of your damage, it's ridiculous to not follow the FTM artifact. :(

I feel less freedom than when I had AM.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I had my Fire toon and my Nature toon before revamp. I like the changes to Fire (especially the most recent fixes), tanking before revamp (block spam) was not fun. Nature DPS before revamp was the worst, it didn't matter how high your stats were you almost always fell behind. Electric and Rage DPS had the same problem. Nature healing before revamp was way too over powered, the revamp mellowed it out but gave us the ability to refresh pheromones and I'm not forced into Insectoid form.

I have an opposite opinion on Artifacts, I like the varied options and I don't feel forced to go with whatever new meta comes out because whatever I'm using is still more than viable. I think this is an improvement from AMs. AMs forced you into one setup, if you weren't using that one setup you were failing. Now we have options for different builds for different situations: Melee/Mid-range/Range, Single Target/AoE, pets/Supercharge. As long as they keep working towards improvements I'm satisfied.
    • Like x 10
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am a big fan of the stats revamp tbh.

The vanilla system was ok but heavily dominated by clipping and had less depth compared to post revamp.
    The weapon mastery system was ok but was kind of too simple.
    The advanced mechanics dumbed down the system even more, leaving players with no other choice than playing their powerset in a very specific way.
    Stats revamp made it possible to kind of play the way you want. Of course not every loadout does the same damage but at least its not as awful as advanced mechanics.

In the end it comes down to: Player skill, age and time.
    People with a lower player skill wich are potentially older and/or have less time than others tend to like simpler systems a lot more. This is not neccessarily a bad thing and its also the reason we have munition in the game for example.
    The only downside to this is, that a player that likes very simple damage is kind of tied to munition at the moment.
    • Like x 3
  6. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Sorcery is just horrible, it feels awful. It lost that flowing feeling it always had even before AM’s. I don’t care about damage, sorcery had terrible dps prior to AM’s yet it was still fun to play and was commonly known and one of the most versatile powers in the game, giving players more loadout freedom than practically any other power in the game.

Now it just feels clunky and awkward and slow and restrictive and just outright demotivating. Unnecessary removal of the auras by crybabies on the forums, loss of anything unique. I can’t think of a single thing that got better with sorcery after the revamp, either it stayed the same, got changed in some completely unnecessary ways and in most cases it got worse. Pets are worse that pre AM times and stupider, which if anyone remembers pets back then is quiet an achievement. My main in sorcery so it’s pretty much completely killed the game for me. Rather not change power, got a few Alts and none of the powers were as fun to play as Sorcery was pre revamp.

I was so so so disappointed, I was hyped for the stat revamp and had a lot of faith in Avair, the worst thing is so many changes just outright don’t make sense, even when you exclude the standardisation, like why projectiles? I’ve been playing since 2013/14 and sorcery has never focused on projectiles, sure you could use them cos it was a versatile power set but it wasn’t common, now that’s the main way we dps wtf, seriously devs why do you hate us so much? I shake my head and get extremely frustrated when I think about sorcery post stats revamp. And too reiterate for the usual idiots out there, no i don’t care about damage, it’s about sorcery being a fundamentally different power conceptually after the revamp, it doesn’t feel anything like sorcery, it just feels awful.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Would much prefer every power being able to play any role, i dont see why they can’t doesn’t everything have a pull, self heal and group shields
    • Like x 2
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

2011 - 2013 Style was best for me as for PVP and PVE.
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Hard to answer especially when you play a power that never really been on top far as dps. Having an Ice player miss all the shields we use to have. I don't feel artifacts helped the powers that are not performing as well. You can use the best dps artifacts, but if a stronger power uses the same, they still stay on top. Skill points are almost feel like they are obsolete at times. Mods has it's problems that could of easily been fix but I feel like artifacts are way worse.
    • Like x 2
  10. Elpower Active Player

This would be all the game needs to avoid creating more powersets. (and the posibility to change powers color pallet)
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I play Mental, and I prefer it now over any form it has had before.

Artifacts should have stopped at 160, though. 200 arts are a major problem.
    • Like x 2
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

My mental friends say they miss how thought bubble used to work.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The closest thing I have to a complaint over any change is Light combo powers not working as weapon counters (block breakers, etc.) anymore. And even with that one, I understand why it was done so it's not even worth griping about.

Any changes that have come along are ones that I've been able to adapt to with no real problems. Which is a little odd and surprising considering how much of a creature of habit I can be. LOL
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

As a mental player since launch with the powerset belonging to my main and three alts as well mind if I ask what it is you like about the powerset post revamp? I find I've been having issues since the revamp:

1) issues with invisibility and its form change often causes other power in my loadout to go on a stuck cooldown unable to b used until indivisibility itself cools down and is used again. invisibility just plain sucks. it lags, you get stuck in transformation and pain blast has a very short range that very easily misses.

2) double cast of certain powers. Psychic shock, telekinesis and cryokinesis fire off twice. This makes using these powers very frustrating in normal content. It makes running elite content almost impossible when you're unable to block or get out of the way of certain attacks because youre casting a power you don't want to cast.

3) poor power interactions. dazed/terrified/dazed/terrified...which is it? The revamp took away all of our encasement breakers but one and pyrokinesis switches which effect is on ads not that it matters because dps control effects rarely take effect in at tier content unless you're turning a few ads into ghosts via our supercharge builder. try using telekinetic bolt to pop the treasure chests in the vault. you wont get very far.

4) poor supercharges. In controller mode I can build up to my bastion field in seconds. As a dps during a raid I'm lucky if I get to fire off one round of bolt barrage. I get that bolt barrage costs twice as much to use but my supercharge bar never seems to fill up. bolt barrage is also a projectile which seems to miss as often as it hit.

5) projectiles are slow and miss more than they hit...even at point blank range. I can fire off terror tendrils at an ad and run to the ad faster than the projectiles hit if they hit.

6) just overall low damage. I've stated before here on the forums there are instances where i've gone into as the sole dps only to have someone drop out at the last boss, someone new is brought in and by the time the boss fight is over i'm behind in damage. now keep in mind I have as a mental dps done the exact same thing but I'm also very well aware if someone is inexperienced or not. If i'm playing with someone who knows what theyre doing or relies on current fotm moves (and for those praising the current state of fire be careful because youre the new fotm) it doesn't matter their cr, their gear or their skill points i am going to get outdamaged.

are you playing from the tray? do you hybrid, are you precision based? are you relying on band aid fixes like robot sidekick and heat vision? are you just playing for fun and not care about youre damage output? if you have any advice i'd appreciate it because over the years I've come up with dozens of loadouts that work smoothly and flow nicely and are lots of fun in low tiered and open world content but just dont cut it in actual instances.

mental got overnerfed during the revamp. it wasn't even as OP as players claimed it to be during the AM days. it did hit hard, as hard as ice and earth but what brought it over the edge was an exploit players were using.
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

as i rant about mental i'm just as disappointed in ice. Before any WMs or Ams were brought into the game there was a time when ice was considered the worst power. Its the initial power of my primary alt. Took me about two years to figure things out. Very proud of the way I developed my toon. I went from consistently being the lowest dps to constantly topping off the scoreboard. I hated Ice's AM. As simple as it was i was the worst ice dps during those days. It bored me to tears. The one single thing I was most looking forward to with the revamp was being able to use resonating gale again. It was my favorite power to use in the entire game...and the way it was changed...sad. just sad.
  16. Alexissa New Player

okay i have a question my superhero i am a mental class and i was trying to do the mental part 1 the 1 -player but i dunno how to set my skills .... and i do have a problem when the red portal pops up and when mirror master knocks me down it spawns on top of me slowing me down from running and kills me ... any other advice .... well besides the part where i can lvl up ... other than that part i mean i am only a lvl 282 .... am i doing something wrong?
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I like the way nature works yes, then again I only heal.
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I don't miss the old AMs at all ,i think the powers are much better now
  19. Alexissa New Player

tbh i dunno how it was befor it is my first time playing the class so i dunno how it was before .... but i do enjoy the class yes i do just not for that one part thgouh... i think it might be better if i jst lvl up or somthing then attempt it again
  20. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Well seeing that they said that they werent going to make any new powers i guess we’ll have to settle

Go to 11mins, he talks about how for a month all they worked on was getting a Tentacle to grab you and pull you down the hallway... its the innovation thats gone missing