Keep or salvage old omnipotence gear?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUOForumHero, Oct 6, 2020.

1. DCUOForumHero New Player

Hello! Running out of bank and inventory space. Have lots of very old omnipotence gear hanging around. Any reason to hold on to them, or should I just salvage them.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I salvaged mine, like the JLD back on my main, I salvaged it as it's so outdated it has no use for my main at this point.
    • Like x 1
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I have max out bank & max out inventory slots

Yes, there space in my bank for old omnipotence gear. Because at one point it was a grind to get those pieces.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve kept them for nostalgic reasons and because it makes me cringe to delete something that was so hard to obtain. There’s no real logical reason though.

On a related note, I do think there should be a feat for wearing 8 OP pieces at the same time like there used to be for several of the DLC’s iconic vendor gear.
    • Like x 4
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Salvage. There's no real reason to hold on to them.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

7. BumblingB I got better.

I have been holding onto all mine, have some really old school ones, but I'm debating on whether or not I want to get rid of them too.

This gear used to have meaning, now it's just sad how much effort goes into to something that gets outclassed in 2 dlcs.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s all sentimentality after the equipment shows all minus (red) stats. A little bit of me enjoys seeing hoarders having to make “tough” choices! :p
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

No use, not takin up my inventory.
    When legs obsolete they will be the 1st thing salvaged :)
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Every now and then I like to RP walk through the Watchtower in all gold gear like Mr T and tell everyone in shout to inspect me. Especially now that we finally got the weapon lol

Seriously though, I keep it all in the bank. I even kept both versions of the Starro gear haha. Like people said, they are like trophies now and I just cant bring myself to delete them.

There are still a few pieces I need from older content when they were RNG drops, and they will collect dust as well lol
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And this is exactly why I have a full set. I delete the repeats and have yet to get the utility belt, but I keep enough that if there is ever a 'wear all pieces' feat...I'm gold...literally. I also keep a stack of 100 tokens of victory in case they ever add another 5000 to the tokens of merit feat.

I also keep a stack of simple and complex materials, but that's so I can give them to people who shout for 'Can someone give me a material for free' in the WT. So....different reasons.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is why I gave up chasing them
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But the weapon isnt a OP item
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

LMAO. I have a 99 stack of token of victory as well.
  15. Controller Devoted Player

For what we go through to actually obtain these rare items I wish there was some way to perhaps FEED old OP items into our NEW ones....

Or maybe get the opportunity to choose a rare RD item to convert them to? Like maybe converting a old OP Ring into perhaps 5 Spark of Skylands.....maybe 10-20 New Genesis Seed?

I wish there was SOMETHING we could convert them to after they become obsolete.....so at least THAT way we'd know that it would never lose its importance even as the newer OP items become relevant.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd settle for the OP items having a different salvage potential, like if I salvage my OP Quickstrike chest it MIGHT drop come cats vs a 'level 4 solid exobyte' with all it's 200xp or whatever....big whup.

BTW....if this were a thing, think of the traffic going into the older content just to farm the already existing OP random drops...hmmmm, maybe 2 birds with 1 stone?
    • Like x 1