No One ever Queues!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GothamKnight38, Oct 7, 2020.

1. GothamKnight38 Active Player

As much as I love The Wonderverse episode it unfortunately hindered a lot of older content queues.
    For over a week now I have tried to complete the in journal missions from Episode 31 - 37 with absolutely no luck.
    When eventually one gets into a raid you find most of the players are the free cr255 boost.

Everyone is just grinding Wonderverse and now with a new episode coming we're probably going to find the Wonderverse area just as dead as Metal Gotham, Thanagar and BOP.

My only suggestion is to bring bigger and better bonus weeks for older content.
    What else could one do? (I already LFG till my fingers bleed T_T)
    • Like x 2
  2. N-IX Well-Known Player

agree with you ..... and sellers should be added for the equipment again I am thinking of kakibi, shaman, ect .....
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Any time they do a CR skip always use your friends list or league to run raids, as blind queues will be bloated with CR skipped alts or 1st timers.
    • Like x 2
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Even patchwork has been less active with groups failing at bosses. LFG is at a crawl or not at all.
  5. Shazam Well-Known Player

yep and it seems like this issue isn't going away since from what I seen on here the devs ignore it.
  6. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Lowering the Source Mark cap threshold would at least help. As it stands, you gain little from content two episodes prior to your current CR relevant episode. With the CR skip, that's a lot of mid-level content that people aren't going to bother with. Apart from when I'm on a feat hunt, I'm as guilty as the next guy for this.
    • Like x 1
  7. L T Devoted Player

To be fair, there have always been a lot of failing phases. Unless you have a really good group with a heal, tank and troll, you're not going to make it. If you're not grouped and there's not at least one tank in the phase, things probably are not going to end well. People always try to overload the phase so that they can overwhelm the bosses, despite the steps the devs have taken to prevent that.

I don't think the devs are ignoring it, actually. Their answer to long queues seems to be to push everyone into the latest episode. I suspect that's why they're so generous with CR skip tokens, and running the wonderverse bounties gives a piece of gear every time if you're below the CR for the episode.
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Join a league who runs content together?
    • Like x 2
  9. Power Surge Level 30

I always felt dcuo would benefit from some kind of random queue system but I'm not sure how they could implement it
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Q system should be updated plain an simple if they wont/cant give us walk-ins
    When u Q u need the option to Q in “short handed” meaning whatever ur group is 1, 2, 3 ,5 whatever ammount of ppl u should be able to Q straight in and not wait.
    A caveat could be if u use the feature, the Q remains open to rando’s (in the spirit of compromise)
    • Like x 2
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this. & I really don't care about new rewards or relevancy. just give me the option to queue in with a reduced group, or ( better yet ) on my own. that's all.
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps mentioned last Friday's stream in a Q&A answer that this kind of thing is on their requested list. So it's not falling on deaf ears.
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I know you are using LFG, but here are a few tips to refine your LFG shouts for (hopefully) better results.

Not sure what your level is, but if you are 'over' leveled, make sure to shout for a 'feat' run in LFG. Even if you don't need the feats, many do. When bringing a PC alt through USE for the renown, almost every run I got into was one where we were working on Ultimate Victory...normally parts 4&5. I had the feat done many times over, but needed the renown so I always shouted as a feat run and would get a lot of takers. If it looks like you were going to fail the feat and some bail, you are still in the run, so stay in with whoever stays and finish it out. Most of those runs can be done with a few bodies missing, or open the queue and hope for the best with fillers.

If you are semi-weak (not throwing shade...just don't know your stats) you can still shout for feats, but if you are the one who will cause the feat to fail (especially no-death) you might get kicked out of your own group. Better there to shout for 'renown' runs if elite or quick runs if reg. Also if you are over 4 full or have the roles already covered make sure to put the count x/8 in the LFG. I know I almost never want to join a group that is only made up of 1 or 2 DPSs as I know I'll be sitting in queue with them for a while, meaning I can't queue other things. Don't lie, but use the fact you are >1/2 way there or have the roles filled to your advantage when broadcasting.

Then there is the option to shout for 'join, queue, then leave'. Obviously this you are gearing up to be a short group, but sometimes people will join only to leave...then decide they feel like staying. I do that all the time if I join as queue filler, but see someone I know or realize I haven't run that raid in a while so I'll just stay and finish it.

Also don't be afraid to shout in the WT or maybe let 1 (one....not constant) 'slip' into Trade. Many people have LFG on a separate tab and might not see your messages but would be interested in joining if they did.

Good luck
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

AQS(#AdjustableQueueSize)....You know I'm for it!
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Spread the word brother....
    • Like x 1
  16. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I've just noticed the past few weeks, even with the triple marks, less leaguemates logged in, less players on friends list and very slow LFG. Certainly not a lot of people shouting for bounties. So the population is down at least right now. It always picks up at new episode. But recently it's alot harder to do the bounty spamming and getting ques or groups has taken a lot longer.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Its because at this point nobody needs anything, only late bloomers or returning ppl, cr skip ppl, alts ect are the ones playing this late in a DLC. I'm only playing to make money in game still.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ill be interest to see how it plays out over the long haul if it does get implemented
  19. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

This was something final fantasy 14 solved with a thing called duty roulette leveling . Pretty much this que will que up any 4 man alert from the first 1 you can get into to the last 1. for players at the alert level you got normal drop but 4 end game players you got end game currency.you do get clamped to alert levels but your still pretty op if your at end game. This way leveling players get the que they need and end game players get something as well for helping them. They have roulette for every type of content be it 8 man or the 24 man raids. You can que these once a day and this is the main thing players que every day before anything else. If dc did something like this it would open up old content alot.
    • Like x 2
  20. L T Devoted Player

Aether would be an excellent reward for something like that in DCUO.