Pets are they worth It

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Atrocuis_, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Hello I was wondering if it's worth it acquiring a pet & if so how much Damage Could it really Do. Is it based on stats augmens
    Artificats. Any discussions are welcomed
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Pets?
    Well, like sorcery pets ? Earth Pets? Gadgets pets? Ice pet? Nature swarm? Iconic pet?

Or like the pets trinkets ?

Yes yes. It's great to obtained those pets items always useful in content in dcuo.

Damage wise it scaled on your character CR, several trinkets pets have different abilities and weapons , well that's where damage is different.

There a artifacts concerning pets: source shard & grimorium verum
  3. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Yes absolutely hit the nail on the head
    As for trinket pets I was wondering are the artifacts you mentioned specifically would increase damage of pets let's say from Mother/Father Boxes?
  4. MrStoob Well-Known Player

In the current event, you can get the Boo Utility Belt, which will activate all the Boos you have equipped at once (up to 4), who provide buffs as well as extra damage. That's quite fun. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Yes, the artifact increases the damage of these pets.

The artifact increases the damage of most pets (All pets belonging to a specific power (Earth, Gadgets, Sorcery, Iconic...) including supercharge pets(like Grand Summoning), most trinket pets with the exception of Turret Pets (Snake Turret, Shadow Snake turret, Green Crystal Turret, Anti-Mater Turret), and a pet created by another artifact ( Grimorium Verrum)).
  6. Berza Committed Player

From your wording, seems like Grimorum's pet is, like turrets, excluded from Shard's buff, but as long as I know, it receives the buff too. Am I wrong?
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

English is not my native language, so I probably did not build the sentence correctly, Grimorium Verum, like all other pets, gets an increase in damage.
    Only Turret Pets do not receive amplification, that's why I marked them with a line.
  8. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Ahh interesting okay thank you for enlightened Me on the Matter anything else worth mentioning in this thread?
  9. Berza Committed Player

Let's see if I can help a bit more with trinket pets.
    First, we have 3 big groups, related to the cooldown. Each group has different cooldown than the others. With this I mean that you can activate a trinket from one group while a trinket from the other group is on cooldown. But you can't activate a trinket from one group while other from the same group is on cooldown.
    The groups are:
    Henchmen: Henchmen require you to have access to the Lair system. You can get them from the dispenser on your base, there are different versions, from the different Lair models, and there are also a few other that drop from content, like Hydra or VMF alert. They only do damage, and not really a lot.
    Sidekick: Like Henchmen, they require you to have access to the Lair system, and you can get them from the Base dispenser. There are also a couple of other versions, one from SM, and other that drops from the Man-bat bounty. These will deal low damage, will grant you a weak shield, will heal you for a low amount, will give you a low amount of power, and will taunt enemies with a low priority taunt that won't override a tank's taunt.
    3th group: This group includes all other pets in the game, from seasonal pets to drops or collection rewards. Most important pets belong to this group. Some examples are:
    -Boos: the four Boos (Mr Boo, Ms Boo, Boo Junior and Baby Boo) can be obtained from the Halloween event, and as stated above, using the Boo-tility Belt you can summon the four of them at a time, making them one of the best option for DPS. Some of them can also use other abilities like shielding you or debuff enemies.
    -Bats: there are 3 versions of the bat pet, all of them are just redskins. The one we are getting with the Fall Fest is one of them. They deal a very good damage, making them a good option for DPS.
    -Summer event: the 4 Sunken Rune will give you different stats on activation and the pets will do different things. One will taunt, other will heal, other will give power (this one is actually bugged), and last one will only attack, the Slayer Sunken Rune. At melee range, this one will outdamage any other single pet.
    The other 3 have the characteristic of being the only ones that give role specific buffs that don't require that role.
    -Spring event: one of them will give 5% health making them pretty useful for tanks, and other one will heal players, helping healers.
    Turrets: they will stay on one place, and most will have a low duration, dealing high amounts of damage in low time.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

My opinion on pets:

Some trinket pets aren't very good, others are. There's a thread on the Oracle database that lists what pets do how much damage.

Henchmen are okay, some do more damage in their respective content.

Sidekicks are great for support roles, they heal, taunt, and restore power. (Works good for solo people who might need a hand competing a boss).

Robot sidekick always good for passive damage.

Grim Verum, same as rsk for passive damage.

My personal favorites are:
    Heartbreak (Valentine event trinket). Lunges, and debuff enemy while doing damage. In alerts with no troll, it does help speed the boss fight up a short bit.

Motherbox, good single target damage.

Martial arts sidekick does the most damage of the sidekicks I think, plus the previous benefits listed.

Fatherbox does good on adds.

RSK, just for constant passive damage.
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

another thing to note about the grim pet its it inflicts the PI associated with your power(im a fire user so it BURNS) allowing might users to opt for another hard hitting ability vs something that inflicts PI(burn in my case).
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok good info but i now have discovered a follow up pet question.
    Lets say i have
    RSK
    Trinket motherbox
    Orbital
    And i want to swap my supply drop for another pet trinket.
    I know father box an mother box are same “class” so cant use that but can i use henchman or is it same cooldown as motherbox? What are my options for pet trinkets i can use alongside motherbox?
  13. Berza Committed Player

Henchmen and Sidekick. Both of them have their own cooldown, not shared with other pets.