The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 8
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I used one of the cr skips on my stargirl inspired character,this is my starrogirl style:p:D
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So I had some fun with the new wings. :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

And this doesn't even count what I did with my Rage character and three of my Light character's looks using them. LOL Don't even care if I'm overusing them, they look that good. :)

Meanwhile an Electric character who takes on something of a pale/bloodsucking look around this time of year got a new buddy.

[IMG]

Probably should have taken this shot away from that statue that nearly matches the bat's color, but whatever. *shrug* I do like how the Black Neon Chroma added a little gloss to the boots, gloves and chestpiece.
    • Like x 4
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is the bat built into the Victorian Cowl? If so, that's a nice touch I wasn't expecting because I hadn't noticed it in the announcement screenshots!

I tend to think there's a better Head Style for him, but go with what works for you. I also tend to think there's boots that fit the period better, but again, do what works for you. :)
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, while I'm thankful for the gift of the free wings, upon trying them out on my alien GL Worsel of Velantia, I was disappointed to find that they were clearly designed and animated by the same Dev(s) responsible for the Dark God Wings, and thus have the same exact problem:

[IMG]

Some of us still want our characters' wings to FOLD DOWN COMPACTLY when they're standing around not flying! So it was right back to the Runed Gargoyle Wings yet again. :(
    • Like x 3
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That new back looks awesome with the 2nd material in the ember chroma from patchwork
    • Like x 1
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

There isn't any better head styles sadly,and yes the batemblem is buildt into the victorian cowl :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If I decide to make my own Gotham By Gaslight Batman, I might use the Batgirl Cowl, or I might just use the regular Dark Knight Cowl and try some face styles on it. I haven't decided yet. But I do know one thing: As great as the Victorian "Cowl" is (which is actually a Shoulder Style) the actual Victorian Cowl (head style) looks TERRIBLE and not at all like the Gotham By Gaslight Batcowl. So I definitely will NOT be using the Victorian Head Style! :p

Now then... remind me again how one goes about getting that Plague Doctor Waist Style? :confused:
  9. Eve YouTuber

The only plus about it (Beside looking nice) that they are the same size for both Genders
    • Like x 3
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

plague doctor waits is on the east end gcpd vendor next to phantom stranger :)
    The victorian head style is not something I wil wear at all.The dark knight cowl has way to small ears and you
    Edit: I tried it with the damaged lantern head instead
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  11. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Got the Fallen God style for my Supergirl. Not sure about colors but I tried lol. Only missing shoulders, kinda ran out of replays and not enough source marks atm. But fun to get on her again.
    • Like x 3
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

The expense of replays for styles has really been hard for my characters also.It's ok that they cost some but some styles are just ridiculously overprized Imho:(
    • Like x 2
  13. Eve YouTuber

Mepps explained because they are earned differently. Maybe they can re-consider some prices, I hope at least. Got the shoulders after I got the amount of Source Marks I needed. I wanted to unlock Enhanced to be fair, because I was hoping for it to be free, but it isn't :(
    • Like x 2
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Someone said wearing an Arctic Chroma when I'm a Green Lantern was confusing. Well sorry but it looks cool and the book of Oa says as long as I'm wearing the emblem the outfit doesn't matter.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I don't know why, but I have this odd feeling I should pick a different set of henchmen for this style.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I called some henchmen to help with Murk, and I thought "Damn I knew I forgot something! I never got around to cyber-converting those humans that were following me around!"[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Macgyver75 Well-Known Player

Wonder Woman 1984 Golden Eagle Armor
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We definitely need better wings for that! I'm thinking the big bird wings that are in the Boo$ter Gold Vendor will be the closest with the Gold Material applied to them.
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, here's MY attempt at a "Victorian Batman". I won't call him Gotham By Gaslight Batman yet, because I've discovered why the Victorian Cowl and Victorian Mask are "off' compared to the character design from GBG: Buried in the announcement from Daybreak Games was the fact that they're based on a different Victorian Elseworlds tale, Batman: Nevermore. And even then, they've STILL messed up the design of the mask compared to the graphic novel it's based on! :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

[IMG]

Thanks to some Youtube videos from other players, I've got some good ideas on how to make it more accurate to Gotham By Gaslight, I just have to wait awhile to get the shoulders I need, because they're from a seasonal event.
    • Like x 1
  20. RoboDuck New Player

Discovered Avenging Angel worked well with Remora and decided to use that for my Halloween Crime Bible Guardian
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1