Devs, Seals...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

So, when can we have the trade ban on seals lifted? Or at least have some in-game way of acquiring at least Seals of Preservation.
    • Like x 14
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

But....but you can use your loyalty points every month to buy seals
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, but they were supposed to be trad able till someone hosed that up. Assuming they can ID and fix the glitch, maybe they could be tradable again, but I'm guessing they don't want the bad ones to flood the market. It's been over a year (maybe 2) since they locked it down, so I'd guess most of the ill-gotten ones are about burned up.

One solution I had was make 2 new seals... 'advanced' seals of pres/comp and make those tradable so the bad guys can't flood the market with their bogus duped ones. Leave the old models account bound and let them burn up eventually so no one who bought them gets screwed either. This of course is only after the glitch is fixed.

Having them tradable means there is a way to get them without spending RL cash. As they were tradable, this was the original intent. No one is asking for something extra, just a return to how the design was originally laid out. I think the category is still under the broker still even.
    • Like x 4
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I still think we should have a way to get them regularly in game w/o having to pay. Not asking for seal of completion, just preservation. One maybe a month, free, wouldn't be a terrible method. It can be green and trade-able. Something to earn aside from just gear. Progression in this game has switched to artifacts, we need more or it wont sustain itself.
    • Like x 7
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think adding them as a rare drop chance to Promethium Lockboxes (but keep them account bound) might be a way to go.
    • Like x 8
  6. BumblingB I got better.

That would be nice perk for legendary, but then again, they wont touch prom boxes. :(
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They should add Seal to the game.

• Like x 3
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Adding seals to the loot table for lockboxes would be an incredible thing to do to not only make members feel better about membership and not feel like they're getting nickel and dimed but also give incentive to get a sub as well.
    • Like x 4
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Would of been perfect to use aether currency for this purpose, until the next DLC' 2nd currency comes out then can switch to that.
    • Like x 1
  10. jolaksi Well-Known Player

They should add seals to constantine vendor; 250 source marks for preservation and 500 source marks for completion. That will open a path for players who cant spend that much real cash ingame.
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

True, they haven't show much inclination to touch the boxes.

Even so, running with this idea I think the biggest challenge would be figuring out what part of the loot table to add it to and what might end up being removed. With feats coming from outfits and some of the base items (the prehistoric stuff at least) those would/should probably be left alone. I think maybe the loot table that hands out the Compound Omega might be one to look at, because while I do choose those as an option if there's nothing else I want I honestly don't know how much that particular item (the Compound) gets used as a buff item by players. If it's not getting much use anymore it might be a candidate for removal or having an extra like a Seal added to the table.

I'll have to take some time and track what gets offered in that loot slot to see if it's always the Compound or if other things get thrown into the mix (honestly haven't paid much attention to that part of the Lockbox loot items lol).
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For the record...yes, I'd love to be able to 'earn' them in game...either as a drop or source purchase. However, the most important point is they WERE tradable, meaning you could get them for in game cash or trade. At a minimum, give us that option back. No loss of revenue to DI (as someone still has to buy them....like replays), and we get our option to get in game if desired. Adding to loot tables or source vendors costs DI money in the long run (less RL cash spent)...which is likely why it won't ever happen...no matter how much we ask for it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It seems like it's always a Compound Omega in that slot? It may or may not have a Vault Ticket in there sometimes, or maybe the ticket appears in 1 of the style slots.

The lockbox slot options are:

-Style

-Style

-Amenity bot

-Base Item

-Compound Omega

Seals would fit nicely being able to appear in any of the slots (maybe just not in the base item slot).

We could also just have the devs update the loot table of out of relevancy content. IIRC, some post AF3 content don't even have source marks in their loot table, unlike older content that utilized Marks of Victory. Updating every loot table to include marks and seals could give more reason to run old stuff and make the queue times a little more bearable.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Correction. The Vault Ticket is from the same loot pool as the amenity bots. The Compound Omega slot is always an omega.