Elite gear

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Oct 1, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

I know most people want like this, but I really wish the devs made elite gear purchasable without renown once we can buy the DLC gear with source marks. I just need for SP. Sure others do too
    • Like x 6
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Big old nopenope. Most players would just wait till then and never even bother with elites. Let alone the fact that elites are always tough and being geared up doesn't really make a difference so that is one of the few places people actual earn their sp instead of buying it
    • Like x 3
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

So? The gear is out dated. What sp are people buying?
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Your words: I just need for SP. Sure others do too
    So those sp I guess?
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

I respectfully disagree. Elite gear is meant to be earned and not just given away like this. It is in a way just "Give it to me without having to run the elite content". I don't run recent elites so I know it will be awhile before I get my hands on it, but I'm not outright asking it to be handed to me. It's just not fair for those who sit hours in elite to get it done legit.
    • Like x 4
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

But I could buy them. So you guess wrong
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

They sat hours in elite and got the gear for it. Some people just beat the 1st boss and keep resetting. Fyi, fair is a place that show pigs
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What? Super confused. You asked for elite gear to become a purchasable item once a dlc is no longer relevant without needing to run the elite raids to get renown. Yes?
    Then you said you just need it for sp. Yes again?
    So you are asking to buy sp without doing the neccessary work to get renown to buy sp right? Which are things that you cannot buy so I don't know what you mean by "but I could buy them"
    • Like x 2
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

It's leagues that run people through elite for money. So, again, you're wrong. Buying elite gear after the content is irrelevant don't hurt anyone.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I normally would agree with this, I actually think elite gear should not have given stat increase, but I digress on that.

I just look at these style feats like I do the elite feats. You'll have to circle back around to get them when it's easier to obtain.

So nay from me as well.
    • Like x 2
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

Yea, ik people would disagree. Just to me, the gear is obsolete and is good for nothing but SP.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So then pay me and I'll get you thru elites. I still have no clue what I'm wrong about since I asked questions but anyway, yeah still a no from me
    • Like x 1
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

You wrong about how you can't pay for elite gear. I don't run elite because I have literally have 20 at level alts. I stopped running elite after Atlantis. I can easily tank/dps/heal/troll elite, just rather keep my alts up. 5 if my alts are probably better than your one toon
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

Then use those alts to run the Elite content for renown to buy the gear you want. What's the problem?
    • Like x 2
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

You can't share renown
    • Like x 1
  16. August Moon Well-Known Player

or ...earn the feat like everyone else did
  17. Rainnifer Committed Player

Run the raids every week and build up the renown, you have plenty of time.

In fact, since your alts are so strong, you shouldn't have any problem running the elites and could even get the gear you want way before it goes to source marks.
    • Like x 3
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

I'm just going to run 1st boss and then reset. Pay for my elite gear like everyone else
    • Like x 2
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My take is this
    1) elite gear should be more worth it
    - as it stands, the stat increse is so minimal an the feat pts too irrelevant to make any of the headache worthwhile.
    2) feats or no feats, once the content goes 100% out of relevancy (i.e. when the content no longer offers its respective currency an it gets changed for source marks) i dont see why it shouldnt just be purchasable for marks.
    - Whats the harm? At that point the content isint challenging enough to make the gear special in any way. Requiring enough renown at that point seems grindy an trivial an at that point, we have moved on to newer content an i dont see any benefit to the player To have to grind elite runs for the renown.
    3) All that said, its the system we have so do the runs, get the renown, i dont see the issue in the grand scheme personally.

So really i see both sides, neither is wrong. Its iust dif persoectives an either way they did it would be fine
    • Like x 3
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would like to grind for it even if renown is needed. Would spend money for replays to rerun while the gear is still relevant. The devs don’t want me to, and that’s okay. It’s truly not my problem.
    • Like x 1