DCUO Announces Next Episode: Long Live The Legion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Earth742 Well-Known Player

1. i am excited for the Legion of Superheroes being the focus of the next episode!
    2. i am hoping it is launching in LATE November, so i can (Hopefully) grind out as much Splintered Coins & Aether as i can...
    3. As for 'classic' versus 'reboot' Legion issue; i personally want to see BOTH. So if, as i suspect, only one version was selected for this episode's focus, then the other can still be worked in as late added content via duos Alerts raids etc. Tampering with timelines has consequences after all...
  2. Megzilla Developer

Well I mean he will have it lol - it looks really good. Glitter made him very handsome :D
    • Like x 5
  3. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

For those people wanting to know more about the current version of the Legion of Super-Heroes, here's a link to my fan-site. I also own the Legion World message board that's been celebrating all things Legion since 2003, we also have a fan table at San Diego Comic-Con each year since 2008.
    • Like x 3
  4. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Booster Gold is a jock from the 26th century.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

25th century, but close enough.

He stole "artifacts" from the legion of super heroes that went back in time and they were left in an earlier time.
    A legion flight ring.
    A legion shield belt.
    A power flexsuit (which I can't remember if it was legion.)
    Rip Hunter's time sphere.
    25th Century security robot, named Skeets. (Which later was revealed that Ted Kord did the early OS designs for it. Probably time paradox related here.)
    • Like x 1
  6. Controller Devoted Player

Just thankful for ANOTHER "Bright" DLC.

Justice League Dark, Chaos Gotham, Metal Part 1 were fun but a bit brutal.

LoSH promises to be as fun as Teen Titans DLC was - still is.

Looking forward to whatever iteration of LoSH they produce in November.
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol, true dat. I remember my 12 year old self as being quite proud that he could read the interlac signs in the background without any real hesitation. Now I only remember E from Element Lad's uniform.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lugo Well-Known Player

"31st Century Metropolis or the new Legion characters. Both bring something completely new to the game."

*80 other version of Metropolis from DCUO have entered the chat*
    • Like x 3
  9. Earth742 Well-Known Player

i stand corrected. Though i coulda sworn that there's a Briefing/Investigation that says 26th century...
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

No Bouncing Boy or Brainiac 5?
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would love to see some Emerald Empress inspired styles please!
    • Like x 2
  12. Fwames Well-Known Player

@Devs

Time to spill some beans on the upcoming arts.
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I mean, I don't remember hearing that, but it could have been a mistake that was missed by an editor.

I do know that they gave us a 25th Century Communicator that calls a Servo Unit, aka a Skeets.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You'll see.
    • Like x 4
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They don't announce content these days until it's largely done. It's almost certainly too late for them to change anything besides mechanics and certain small details.

I could be wrong, of course.
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm wondering if Smallville will be used. It's almost never been re-used before, something that I've been pointing out for years. And it's a natural place for the Legion to travel back to. (This would be a good opportunity to put one of the Superboys in the game, though I won't count on it.)

And the future Metropolis we saw in Origin Crisis (those two alerts remain my favorites in the game), while far too early in period and different in theme from 31st Century Metropolis, is a useful benchmark as to how Metropolis might change, though I hope to see various futuristic-looking buildings as part of the environment as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

With Mordru the villain, the episode will obviously be magic-heavy. Otherwise Mordru's only threat is to grow his beard long enough to surround you.

He doesn't do anything besides magic.

Confession: when I read my cousin's copy of the issue with Mordru's first appearance (June, 1968), I was nine years old, and Mordru scared the **** out of me, because the Legionnaires spoke of him with such fear and terror and despair.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

Another set of artifacts. That's crazy....
    • Like x 1
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

Your sig look like a cartoon Shannon Sharpe
  20. Controller Devoted Player

It's Augustus Freeman IV, Icon - from the Milestone Comics.

He has a story as unique as Superman's origin.

Read up on Icon's (and Rocket's) comics, all 1-44 of them. Great reading and much of it relevant even today.
    • Like x 4