Next-Gen DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mrsmileman, Sep 29, 2020.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

EverQuest II launched in 2004, EverQuest I is still up and running. It's been up and running since 1999.
    Planetside 2 launched in November 2012, Planetside 1 servers were shut down in July 2016.
    So I'm looking for where I proved your point? One game got a sequel but is still up after two decades, the other game got a sequel and shutdown near 4 years later.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Are they working on dcuo tho? No they were hired specifically for that new game
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's what I said. The point was they have staff/can hire additional staff to do a sequel in the future.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

First, you were the one who said you care more about your toons than the person you replied to. Lack of actual original creative gameplay and the catering to the stand around and dress up crowd is certainly a major complaint a lot of people have. How exactly do movement stances help gameplay or any other issue? LoL movement stances.....
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

I need you to give me an example of how they are catering to the "Stand around and dress up crowd"? Because most likely i don't engage with it either, and if i don't, I'm not the target audience thus they arnt catering to me...

Also yes movement stances...
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You're still missing the point. Anyways, I dont like to judge people like this and everyone is entitled to play the game however they want. It is your time and money afterall. What got me going was your post about your emotional attachment and that you care more about your characters than others. So since I can't delete any of my other comments I'll just apologize and move on from the convo. The real thing to take away is that we all obviously like the game and thats a good thing. So sorry for the condescension and sorry to the rest of the thread for derailing
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Only thing I can see different happening is that the developers are even more free to be creative with the new engine.