Next-Gen DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mrsmileman, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Kanniu Well-Known Player

That really doesn't make a difference though -__-
  2. Shazam Well-Known Player

Don't lie B, if they announced Ted Kord as a mentor..you'd jump ship faster than Booster Gold running to the past.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

This is funny. Because normally it would be true. At this stage, I'd probably jump ship from games altogether though. I love Ted, but the threads that hold me to DCUO are the players and if the players aren't able to go towards the new, there is no place for me.

Unfortunately we know it wouldn't happen. Ted Kord still gets hate. :(
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sequel or no sequel it doesn't make a difference. This game isn't going to be around forever.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If they couldnt afford to keep ps3 in rotation what makes you think they could keep 2 versions of the same game going lol
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I know it's not, but I'd rather lose my investment naturally vs at a attempt at new graphics with the same dev team. Which YOU know has been far too small for years now to do anything
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not that they couldn't afford to keep PS3 up, they didn't want to divide their attention with a console that was losing support. They could keep DCUO1 up, it just wouldn't be supported or get updates. Look to the other Daybreak titles that have a sequel to get a good idea of what could happen.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A sequel would be more than just "new graphics". And last I checked they hired a whole team to build a new game, not DCUO 2 but they have the staff.
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I would be willing, but I started to lose faith in the company running things. They could remake the game with a graphics overhaul, but people are kidding themselves if they think things like loot boxes and systems like artifacts won't be re introduced. And while i know other developers use these same tactics, I'm still willing, and likely, to move on and try something else that isn't under the Daybreak umbrella, when this game shuts down
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Your character has inspired you so much that you have barely even scratched the surface of the game? You basically have to be actively avoiding feats to only have 150 in 8 yrs of playing, and at that cr. I have farm toons over 300sp just from random ques not even trying for feats. While you have an old account I question how much time you actually put into the game. Then again you're exactly the type of player the devs have all but killed this game to appease. The dress up and stand around crowd. No wonder you wouldn't have any issues starting over. Youve barely started to begin with.

So miss me with that "I'm inspired and care more about my character than you"

We all buy memberships, and spend hours, make that YEARS, grinding feats, gear, artifacts, augments, and participate in forum discussions out of game. Who are you to say we don't care about our characters, or the game, as much as you or anyone else?
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The main reason why they dropped the PS3 was that Sony was ending PS3 Online support. They had no choice.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

First off, what is you and other obsession with Feat point shaming and acting like the validity of what people say comes down to the amount of feat points they have. Like i dont find feats fun, ive stated that back in 2014. Do i need to kill 1000+ enemies to show i have an understanding of the game? Do i need to collect all the styles in the game to have a clue of what im talking about? No, i do not. Because the achievement system didn't teach me how to play, i learned how to play on my own through trial/error and experience. I do not enjoy feat hunting, so i should force myself to do a facet of the game i clearly have no interest in? Im sorry are you paying my subscription?

Also the devs havent kill this game for players like me, because im willing to give them as long as they need to fix broken aspects of this game, where as players are demanding they crank out DLC after DLC because they arnt willing to wait, you think them switching to a 1 month release format was good? Anyone could've told you they are practically rushing things out the door for the community in that short of a timeframe. If i had my way youd be having a optional stat clamping, and i wouldn't have to read about these "low end content is dead, and high levels are ruining my runs!" threads every week.

So dont sit here and Bullsh*t telling me the game is in the state its in because of players like me when i tried to Necro SuperiorMouses thread about movement stances and it gets ZERO traction from the community in 2019-2020 when that thread was loved in 2013.

13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

So you just proved my point ty, they would force anyone who plays to progress to lose everything and I'm not restarting under a v2.0 I'd find a whole totally different game under a different company
  14. Fwames Well-Known Player

You've missed the point. He is pointing out that you can almost randomly gain feats just from "playing" random queues. That fact that you are sitting at only 150 is a great mystery if you say you've "played" since 2014.

I know you know this since you claim you've been playing since 2014 but not every feat needs grinding. Although, almost every feat needs you to actually play the game and hop out of the HoD/WT chat.. or if I ever have a clue on what type of "gamer" are you... I think it's time to lay-off the kleenex on your virtual girlfriend bud.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kate Nash New Player

If you’ve managed to only accrue only 150 skill points in the 6(?) years you’ve played considering they’ve given out a free feats on multiple occasions, how can you expect anyone to take your seriously, lol. I don’t care what your pedigree is, but expect your opinion on anything important to the game get swatted down; the way most people will see it is, you either are the pinnacle of a casual player, and just sit around talking in the HQ; or you just suck (which even then, you should probably have more than 150).
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Dcuo doesnt have the staff a different department has the staff.
    • Like x 1
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

They're the shout preacher tho in hall if doom
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Again i dont feat hunt, so of course my feats arnt going to as high as everyone else, Ive been wearing the same style YEARS, i dont care to collect styles because i still wear the same style to this dayTheir isn't much mystery to why my SP is low, when content came out, i B lined it to raids and that's what i stuck to because i was *engaged* in the raids. Dailies/Solos/duos/alert? Not really engaging to me, but having to solo heal as Sorcery? Oh that caught my attention, and i engaged with it. Raids and prior World PVP is what kept my attention, not too many feats in world pvping and just healing for the enjoyment of healing. So theirs your story as to why my SP is low.

As to what kind of gamer am i? I am the type of player that once they find a facet they enjoy, they stick to it...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    As as for the "Digital Girlfriend" comment. When does you feat points turn into a applicable skill in life? Ill wait...
    [IMG]
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's in the same studio. It's still under Dimensional Ink.
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Again if im not being taken seriously due to the fact i don't enjoy feat hunting, rather then the substance of what im saying, is a moron.. The truly sad thing about this topic is people are no longer address my point, they're simply looking at my characters SP to discredit me;). So let me know when you feel like addressing the substance of my argument rather then personally coming after me:D

Doesnt matter what it is to me, im if you're telling me i can have something far greater, if i simply give up what i have now? Well...If its going to be better...lets do it...

To me this is how i see the prospect of a remade DCUO learning from its mistakes