How many players before megaservers still around?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saami, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Shazam Well-Known Player

My batman is on display right behind my pc.
    • Like x 5
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Still have my disk from PS3-
    Been an hiatus since right before Wonderverse
    • Like x 4
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Blackout/Roll Ryuko still hanging close by (December 2011), (Cant forget my roots)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Olli Malicious Active Player

Olli from launch and my OG server was called Crisis. Got that shroom emblem to show up for it!
    • Like x 3
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

One longish, about 9 mo break, and a few really sporadic periods, but otherwise pretty much been here the since the git-go. Still have my special edition Batman on the shelf behind me.
    • Like x 3
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I started on pc in 2013 left in 2016 came back at the start of 2020
    • Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Have mine up top as well, only opened it to get the code for the jester/bat drone

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

my disc ended up getting stuck in my old ps3.
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

Came into the game way back in February 2011 on the PS3. Mainly played on TKJ, but had a toon on every USPS3 server except for NML. Good times and I miss those days. Yet, currently, the new Avengers game has pulled me entirely away from DCUO for the past month. Maybe I'll visit you guys this weekend;)
    • Like x 3
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Still have my ps3 disc. Birthright server. Jan 11/2011.
    • Like x 3
  11. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Been around since launch, New Frontier server for my main. Still have the disc buried somewhere around here.
    • Like x 3
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Not here as far back as the rest...more like mid 2013 but still bought the old disc pack for the codes (pc codes never expired) and batman statue. Good to see many old players still exist.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Since launch.
    • Like x 2
  15. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

From Redemption. I just recently looked at the emblem. I think that's the first I'm I've ever seen it lol :D
    • Like x 2
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I've been here since December of 2010. PS3 Beta.

Ended up on Killing Joke at launch, best PvP server ever.

And yes, I have the Pre-Order Batman statue placed on display AND the Brady Games Strategy Guide nearby.
    • Like x 3
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Public Enemies and last laugh day one + beta
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

too late now.

i would have played the beta but i didn't quite get that it would have had a "long lasting effect" with the game at launch in this case the long lasting effects being a couple of bonus style items.

i've actually been "with" the game since it was first announced back in the pages of Infinite Crisis #1. What followed was a good FIVE YEARS of me going "is it out yet" to the kind people at my local game shop. the looks on their faces when I said I don't want to play the beta I want to hold out for the real thing was priceless.

I actually quit the game early on. Right before the Big Hack. While I've been playing video games all my life I never played an MMO before. I was completely and utterly clueless. I played through all those initial leveling missions as a controller wearing a combination of pvp, pve, dps and controller gear. It made content very very hard. When the Catwoman solo went live I tried several times to clear it. When I was just about to finally knock Catwoman out for the ninth time the game froze on me and crashed. I put the game aside. If it wasn't for the hack, the free month and idol curiosity I might have never come back. I have no regrets. If I were in my 20's or 30's I'd be out doing more but now I just want to relax after a hard days work. Nobody wants to see this game more successful than me. Pretending to be a super hero is still better than anything else. As it began so it will end.
    • Like x 2