Artifact level

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Capt Mephisto, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Capt Mephisto Active Player

Since I mainly play alone but may help out when I hit levels where artifacts become usable, what level is recommended? I have seen discussions that 160 is enough but others saying at least 200.

Any thoughts here?
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

160 is good enough for most of them in my opinion. Some get not so great bonuses at 200, such as the Grimorium Verum having the effect where summoned pets don't cause your power regen slower anymore. That's, in my opinion, not a great bonus to have (unless you have low SP in Might & Power) and as such I have left my Grim at 160. Others, such as The Transformation Card and The Strategist Card, have bonuses that are worth ranking up to 200.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference on whether or not you want to have the very best artifacts you can. Most should get by just fine at 160. If you don't plan on running elite then there isn't really a need to get your artifacts to 200.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Most Artifacts peak at 160, a few are worth getting to 200. It just depends on what you're running with.
    • Like x 1
  4. spikeat Well-Known Player

Artifacts become usable at 80. For instance Grimorium and Scrap of Soul Cloak see benefits starting at 80. Some are Ok at 120, most are solid at 160, and a few a shine at 200.

Which artifacts are you looking to level up?
    • Like x 3
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Minimum you want the Artifacts at 120. Maximum you want them at 160. This is of course for casual gameplay. For Elite competitive you want them at 200. Getting to Rank 200 though you'll be opening your wallet. Some will see it as a choice but ultimately, its not.

Artifacts Pre Atlantis Episode, Min at 80, Max at 160.
    Artifacts Post Atlantis Episode, Min 120, Max 160
    • Like x 2
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Imo, 200 for healers and tank artifacts. 160 for most dps artifacts. 120 for trolls. Imo, it's the easiest role
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

I think that’s a very simplistic opinion.

As others have said, some artifacts’ level bonuses at the higher ranks are more worth having than others. That’s not a role-specific issue. It applies to artifacts used by all roles.

I don’t know a healer or a tank who don’t appreciate having a troll who can fire out a supercharge every 12 seconds. Can’t do that with 120 troll artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

if you're dps, 160's more than enough. anything else, reach for the stars.
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

People i run with don't want a troll SC every twelve seconds. People with high sp don't need a SC every 12 secs. Haven't ran with a troll using gemini/scrap combo in about a year. It's so many more that's beneficial. Anyway, not the point, endgame can be easily trolled with 120 artifacts. Op asked what artifacts become usable
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It's completely dependent on the artifact. Want to use Gem of Horus? Welp, 200 only. Whereas for Tetrahedron of Urgrund the difference between 80 and 200 is 1.2% vs. 2.0%, a noticeable gain, but its usefulness begins at level 80.

For more accurate information you'll need to be specific about power, role, and possibly style of play.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To the OP, this is just gonna spiral. Best thing to do is read the artifacts an decide if the bonus u will unlock is needed/wanted and even worth it for the cost.
    Next thing is, tell us what artifacts so we can look at them too and better advise.

If u haven't yet noticed, Your getting the same mixed “advice” here that u were seeing elsewhere an prompted You to make the thread and ask so this is not productive.
    We need the details or we cant help.
    Real answer based on the limited info you provided is what some have said.
    Some artifacts are worth it, others are not. Theres no guideline (like some suggest). Its artifact specific and also depends on ur loadout etc. we need ALL the details for this not a general question
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd say get them up to a level you're comfortable with, both in performance and what you're comfortable putting into them.

To get any of the added benefits (procs, etc.) you'll at least need to get to 80. After that, the breakthrough chances can drop in a surprising or (depending on your view) dramatic fashion. If you're comfortable with the performance you get and don't want to deal with the breakthrough chances that keep going lower and lower, then stick with what you've got.

If you're the kind of player that wants to get the most bang for your buck, then you'll want to go with higher levels. But as others pointed out already, you'll be more likely to spend more money on getting them where you want them as a result.
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

People don’t play the game the same way you do. You haven’t hit upon some meta play style that people should be following. That Gemini/Scrap combo you haven’t used for a year was used by the second group on the EU server to beat Grail in FGSe. Guess who the troll was?

You’re the one who opined that tanks and healers have the hardest jobs. So given that you think that, why would you not think that having a troll with strong supercharge capabilities would make their job a little easier and be beneficial?

You’re pontificating.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

You also need to consider what power you are if you're sorcery or earth for example then that Grim is far more useful than it might be other powers,

Also it may be more beneficial for precision too who are probably always carrying a pet and want rid of the power penalty, so that benefit can actually be seen as great to some players.

But generally speaking yea, you need to consider what you're doing and getting, especially at 200 because sometimes you can definitely just call it a day at 160 :)
    • Like x 1
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

Congratulations. Most trolls who beat elite not using gemini/scrap. Controllers, hands down, is the easiest role in DC. Don't take it personal, it's facts
    • Like x 1
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

Thanks.

And I’m not taking it personal. I haven’t said whether I agree or disagree with your opinion about the troll role. But even if you, I, and then the next 5 people who comment all agree, it wouldn’t become a fact. That’s what I mean when I say you’re pontificating.
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I only take my artifacts to 139 atm. I do plan to eventually get them to 200, but 139 you wont have issues or shouldnt.

I've had 139 artifacts for a few years(well since arts came out) and havent struggled in content. Obviously if you plan to do elite you will probably want at least 160 arts.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

200 for healer arts? Since when lol
  19. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

120+ more than enough. For Elite content 160+.
    • Like x 1
  20. spikeat Well-Known Player

OP you will just get generalized answers if you don't specify which artifacts you are considering. There are too many artifacts available for us to guess what you are going for.
    • Like x 1