We can buy 16 Armories...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Realist617 Active Player

But we can only equip 4 at a time? That's sort of foolish and I can't believe after all this time it has never been adjusted. I know not everyone needs 16, but I happen to have that many and I paid for each one of them. It would be a huge help and time saver if I could switch to my PvP, Dueling, standard troll, buff troll, claw troll, single target, AOE, jack of all trades loadout, or if just wanna change my threads at any given time. I feel this is a simple change that would do some good.
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

So how does one map 12 more button combinations on a controller?
    As a PC keyboard user, I ask controller users is the button mapping already a mess?
    • Like x 4
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I play on PC but with a PS3 controller. The current mapping is fine, but they've pretty much hit the maximum they can do without adding different layers of button presses. Conceivably they could add in button presses to get to 16 amories. For example currently you hold L2 & R2 together to bring up the armory selection. They could add in a tap of L1 to go to another four sets and R1 to go to another four. That would bring us up to 12 armories. Alternatively they could use holding L2 & R2 to bring up the armory menu, then press one of the face buttons (X, O, Triangle, Square, ABXY etc.) to select one of four "sets" of armories, which would expand it to 16. That'd be pretty messy and cumbersome in my opinion though.
    • Like x 2
  4. PolarisSylar Committed Player

How well,
    we have a portable RD , portable bankbot, portable repairbot, portable brokerbot, portable mailbot, & portable gen.

It be great if we have a portable generator bot , like one in your base bottom floor which serves for changing armories & imprint . Also one that we replace with gens mods that drops everywhere.
    If we get a portable generatorbot, since we have only four at given time, we have portable generator bot we can change armories anywhere, it bring more people incentive to buy more armories.

It great for another portable generator bot , But we don't have one for that .
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Sounds like a request for another menu tab; I can't see trying to use intricate 2 and 3 button presses/macros to do all of that.
    • Like x 1
  6. EmpressEvelina New Player

Just add a extra menu on the controller DPAD " Domestic production activities deduction" for additional armory list to activate.
    (Only works with non combat)

Like Myandria said.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure there is some terrible button combo that could be invented, like press and hold both triggers as you do today, but instead of Dpad to select, use the stick to scroll down a list of 16...or whatever. It's not impossible, but I'd guess a lot of false armory selections would happen. Maybe putting them on a menu....but again...cumbersome. Something like press the triggers and Left or Right Dpad get you Armory 1 or 2...down dpad moves down to 3/4...again for 5/6. It could work, but to get to 15/16 would mean pressing dpad down 7 times, then left or right to actually activate.

Nah, 4 is good enough for me.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Utility trinket sub option system on a controller.
    Number pad on a keyboard.

Really, the thing that would be difficult to do for the devs is the UI, as we all know that the current one makes for difficult implementation.
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I came up with something similar a long time ago when this was brought up. You would hold R2+L2 then just tap R1 or L1 to flip between 4 pages of armories with 4 sets per page. That could easily fit 16 or more if needed.

While I would prefer that, I would honestly be fine if they just added the armory list to those mainframe bots. I sure as heck would get way more use out of them if they did that. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh I didn't even think about just cycling through four sets of them with L1/R1. That's much better than what I suggested.
    • Like x 2
  11. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

The best solution I can think of to this problem would be to make the selection screen similar to what we see in Fallout 4.

Currently, holding down R2 and L2 brings up four options on the D-pad. As soon as we hit a direction button it instantly changes to that loadout. Instead of that, I would suggest changing it so that R2 and L2 bring up a selection screen like normal, we use the D-pad to select which loadout we want, then we release R2 and L2 to change loadout. It would only take a second or two longer and it wouldn't take a lot of getting used to. (Hold, double tap down, release. Hold, triple tap right, release etc)

[IMG]
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Currently we hold L2 + R2, or both Trigger Buttons. Simply add R1 + R2, L1 + L2, and that's 8 more. You could go up to 20 with L1 + R2, L2 + R1. (L1 + R1 is already used for zoom in/out)

The controller would not be a barrier to implementation.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm... not sure about that. Those combo's look like fighting game finisher combos (FINISH HIM/HER! :eek: ) and those can get intricate and difficult. If you have all 16 armories available, how many combos of L1 + R1 and trigger buttons would players have to learn in order to access them all whenever they want to? My guess would be nearly all 20 combos of the shoulder and trigger buttons that you are suggesting; that may be a bit more work to commit to than players want to do.
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

LOL, no I am saying that simply by adding L1 + L2, and R1 + R2 you can add 8 more, by still using the d-pad the same way we do now. No major combos needed.
    • Like x 1
  15. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Im gonna be realistic;
    Adding L1 + L2 or R1 + R2 combination would be enough and non complex for another 4 armories. Only 4 additional playable armory will be enough for any player without exceeding it to 16+... It will make 8 armories in total with current ones.
    Armory 1: Melee armory
    Armory 2: Single target
    Armory 3: Range aoe
    Armory 4: Empty DPS armory (For example it can be Prec DPS armory for no troll situations (if mainly playing as might)
    Armory 5: Main support role armory
    Armory 6: Battle support role armory or Boss tank armor if player is a tank powerset
    Armory 7: Buff troll / SC generation armory (depending on if player is controller or Healer powerset)
    Armory 8: PvP armory

And ofcourse PC users have numpad.:)
    I really like to hear devs' opinion on this thread. Is it possible or are there limitations? etc..
  16. Realist617 Active Player

or they could just make the triggers bring up the GTA5 style weapon wheel and we make a selection with the thumbstick then release. i realize its not a snap of the fingers fix but c'mon, this is what game devs do for a living. they should be able to implement this within a day.