Next-Gen DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mrsmileman, Sep 29, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's the nearly 10 years almost 15 grand I have in the game, not even counting PSN codes I didnt personally buy out of my own pocket that has been given to me
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Id still give it up for a better game overall
    • Like x 1
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Like I said you would because YOU dont have that invested.
    • Like x 4
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

When the PS4 and Switch launched, they gave us some updates, changes in Watchtower, effects, more lately new skins, changes on the tutorial and minor leveling experience changes.
    But since the game is hitting 10 years and PS5 is retro compatible, I wounldnt expect anything at all.

Also the team is working on a new proyect, and this year episodes shows they sadly have less hands to work on DCUO.
    Content keeps getting smaller, more basic, we keep getting less everything, less styles, less new maps, less rewards even less marks to strech episodes lifespan.
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

I have far more emotionally invested then you would ever know
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have a lot invested, I would start a new character on a sequel game. I'd be hesitant about it but this game is starting to lose my interest.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Then why lose everything in the same game? Doesnt make sense to me.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

lol ok
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Last I checked the money I have spent on dcuo has helped keep lights on not your emotional attachment to the game.
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Congratulations, then don't complain about the busted experience you get because you arnt willing to compromise for a better product
  11. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I often see a lot of people saying "Improve the graphics/make a sequel" and frankly, it's quite a silly argument that hasn't been thought out. I don't think you understand the sheer amount of work that would entail.

Firstly I just wanna say, I don't want a sequel. I've put in over 7 years into this game and I'd hate to just 'lose' all my characters and have to start all over again. No thanks!

Secondly, on the "improve the graphics" argument......do you realize just how much work that would be for the devs? It's not just a switch they can flick, or something they could 'turn up to 11' or anything. They'd literally have to remodel EVERYTHING in the game! Every solo, every duo, every alert, every raid, every open world area, every npc, every style item, every base item, every powerset, every animation, every texture, every tree, every pillar, every bush....it's just not feasible. At that point they might as well be making a brand new game from scratch anyway. It would take them years to do all of that!

The devs have stated before that their time is better spent fixing bugs and adding new content, and I have to agree with them. Besides.....they actually have been updating the graphics wherever they can recently. Some NPCs have had their character models updated recently (Zatanna, Ivy, Harley, Constantine, Shazam etc) with more scheduled to be updated, and some of the recent maps have actually been quite decent (Atlantis open world, the current raid etc).This game is never going to look as good as something like Horizon Zero Dawn, but it can still look pretty good sometimes.

You have to remember that the team working on this game is relatively small. They don't have hundreds of people working on it like Bungie have for Destiny, and they only have a finite amount of time to work with. Ask yourself whether you want a new DLC every 4 months, or nothing for a year or more while they work on making the game look a bit better?
    • Like x 1
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm not the one b****ing tho. . . I'm fine with how the current graphics, progression and combat system is.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I wouldn't lose everything and a sequel wouldn't be the same game. My characters would still be there on the original game.
    • Like x 1
  14. inferno Loyal Player

I just happen to recently see the Cinematic that Dcuo has as I was building another toon. It looked SO GOOD. Then I realized that with PS5, that would NOT just have been a Cinematic Intro but probably have been actual gameplay. It kinda makes me sad but I do still play the game a lot.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think that's the farthest they would go, allowing DCUO players to reserve/save their existing names for the new game. It'd be a REALLY bad move to allow DCUO players some kind of actual gameplay advantage by porting over character stats in any way, especially in a brand new game where everyone should be starting from scratch.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Interesting conversation
    Lets say they make a revamp dcuo2 or whatever.......
    If that happens, why wouldn't accts be portable? I am about as tech stupid as they come BUT my reference point is the old champions of norrath and champions return to arms.
    Acct w/character ported (online and offline).
    I have played all the diablos in the series and accts w/characters also ported (online and offline) if memory serves.

What im not understanding is why our accts wouodnt port to DCUO2?
    Was it hypothetical that they wont OR would somethin prevent it? If it didnt port, why cant they do an acct merge to just hand us our SP back (even if we started fresh) sort of like a CR skip? Would somethin like that be feasible?
  17. Kanniu Well-Known Player

You do realize they'd eventually have to shut down the servers right? And even if they didn't I doubt they'd run maintenance updates. This shouldn't be a problem at all to be fair, we're at the point where transferring items from one game to another is possible though it might take some work.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes I realize that. I'm 35, I've seen many games come and go.
  19. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Doesn't that invalidate your point then? lol
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How? Introducing a DCUO 2 does not mean the servers for DCUO original is going to immediately shut down the next day. Server shutdowns can take years and normally happen in phases.
    • Like x 1