Side Quest NPCs have the (!) even after completion and can't be accepted again

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Slothkitty, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Slothkitty New Player

I have already opened a ticket and they recommended I post my issue on here. So here it goes.

As the subject says I am unable to accept side missions. This is only for one of my toons. I can accept quests on all my other toons but one. Which is weird...

Anyhoo the toon in question is level 16 and when I go up to a quest giver and attempt to accept it... it does nothing. No new quest in my journal either and the exclamation point is still over their head.

I guess I can just not play that too but that’s such a shame and would really like to fix this issue.

Anyone out there have a similar issue or know what to do? I’d be happy to answer any questions in case this wasn’t detailed enough.

Thank you so much!

I just wanted to add this is happening on all of my toons not just one. Still unable to accept any side missions.
    • Like x 5
  2. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I came here to post this exact same bug. It's actually been happening for the past few days but I figured the latest patch would iron it out. It has not.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vulpar Well-Known Player

The affected ones are all classic side missions THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED. I saw it first on my main which I know has done all side missions. When I made a new toon, side missions I completed had this issue. Side missions I had yet to complete had the exclamation mark as usual and accepted fine, but side missions that I completed, which should normally have nothing above the npc's head, had an exclamation mark as though it never been done, allowed me to interact with the npc, but would not actually accept the mission and the exclamation mark stays put.
    • Like x 1
  4. Vulpar Well-Known Player

I've noticed this is also affecting side quest mission npcs in the walk in solos as well. The only difference is that they have no exclamation mark. You can still interact with them and it acts like you can accept the mission, but it just closes the GUI when you try to accept.
    • Like x 1
  5. Slothkitty New Player

Thanks everyone for replying. My toons, lower level toons, and level 30 toons, whether I have completed the side missions or not, still won’t let me accept them. If anyone has any updates on their situation I’d love to know. However, I’d like to mention, the daily missions in Patchwork Themescrya (can’t remember the spelling lol) does allow me to accept those missions. Although I know they aren’t side missions, maybe that’s why. It’s all the side missions I can’t get! Grrr and stuff.
  6. Vulpar Well-Known Player

Can't accept missions you haven't done either, huh? Hmm. I'm on USPS4. I don't think you mentioned what you're on.
  7. Good vs Evil Active Player

So I am going through Metropolis and Gotham and all the NPC's who had side quests I completed on my way to lvl 30 are all showing side quests I already completed. The pillar of light and the exclamation point is on all the NPC's even though I did their quests already.
    • Like x 21
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes! I noticed this too on one of my villains and I tried to interact with the npc for the quest thinking that I somehow missed it, but nothing happened. So, it’s obviously some kind of glitch.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These should be available only if the mission is replayable.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Seeing the same thing on a new character. Plus when I've tried interacting with the NPCs and taking the mission it won't be granted, and (as far as I've seen) there isn't an option to use Replay Badges to run it again.

I do still have credit in the feats list for running those missions, though.
  11. Shazam Well-Known Player

Hello,

I started a new character and it seems some of the side quest missions will not let you accept.

Unable to accept the quests Penance from Magent Adreus and Bye Bye Succubi from Doctor Cantun.
  12. Shazam Well-Known Player

On a new character its not even letting me accept some of them even when I know I haven't completed them.
  13. Shazam Well-Known Player

It seems it is allowing you to do the missions without getting the missions. I have them completed(checked in the feat menu, it shows marked), but I never did them.
  14. Shazam Well-Known Player

Request delete till I can test for 100% i didn't accept the quests by mistake.
  15. Good vs Evil Active Player

At first I thought that the quests were repeatable or that they reset after a certain amount of time but no its definitely a bug, you can talk to the NPC and hear the dialogue and see the pill ar of light and exclamation point, but if you try to accept the quest after already completing it then nothing happens.
    • Like x 2
  16. KIBULWARX New Player

I have observed an error in the game DCUO, when i complete the secondary missions that the characters of dc give me to my villain character,they have been automatically restarted in all that I did and this should not happen unless I eliminate my characters created and start from scratch again but it is not the case,also when I want to repeat a secondary mission that I already did and I accept the window that appears, the dc characters that I see should already stop leaving the icon of the exclamation mark and the aura that it has around it should disappear but it is still there and I give it to accept again and it continues like this ,this is not normal in the game, so I get this error if I play it on pc or in playtation 4 developers should release some patch or update to fix this error because since the last update I am seeing this error.
    • Like x 1
  17. IzzyLizzard dcuo Level 30

I can confirm this. Leveling up a character and all side quest seem to be reseting after completing them but you can not collect again.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

I thought the side quests we can do while leveling up were made so we could only do them once at some point? i noticed on my villain alt a quest in the map while running the outside part of the event and thought maybe i didn't complete them all on that character but then i logged into my main where i'm 100% sure i did them all cause that's how i got my feat and every mission i checked in Gotham (still haven't checked Metropolis) was available again
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

True; some missions cannot be repeated, as Mepps has pointed out.

However, I can confirm that the repeatable missions in Gotham and Metropolis are not allowing a character over level 30 to accept them, so the exclamation point stays available if you use a high level character that has already completed them. If you use a character that has not completed repeatable missions and is under level 30, it can glitch and not accept the first time. I've had to interact with the mission giver a few times before my character was able to get the mission.

Also, my lower level characters (under CR 30) that tried to do repeatable missions did not see the exclamation markers on their maps; even if I found one those characters could not accept it.
  20. Zamara Dedicated Player

It was late and i didn't see this post (or Mepps' reply) and had made a separate one, i think Mepps moved it here cause it was a duplicated