Sorcery is so terrible.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Sep 26, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

CoD is inclined with the other AoE dps powers. I didn't say anything about CoD.
    Karmic Backlash is a melee dps power that does less damage than Emp, SG, plosion, because it has no power interaction. What other 300 power have no power interaction?
    Shard of life is a 300 dps power. Not a power that set-up dps interaction. What other 300 power does that?
    Condemn does the same damage as other st dps abilities. Never said anything about that either.
    Sorcery has the worse SC in the game for dps. GS is a 30 sec SC that can be stopped short because the pets can die. The other SC are to weak to say anything about.
    Our best powers can totally miss and the damage is inline with most other 200 powers that don't miss. Sorcery is the worse dps power in the game. It's ok with source shard. Even better with shard and bop troll, but it shouldn't have to need those 2 things to be good. I've seen earth might and gadgets prec do a lot better with shard than sorcery, so even then it fall behind.

Edit. Vengeance does same damage as other ST. Condemn is a waste of space. Especially using Shard with only 3 spots for powers
  2. L T Devoted Player

It doesn't do less damage because of no power interaction, it does less damage because it has a low base damage. Savage Growth is nature's one strong burst ability. Splosion is overtuned. EMP may be also-- but EMP has a very long animation.

Electroburst is the exact same power with a longer cool down for Electric-- also gets no PI benefit. Mental's Psychic Prison gets no PI benefit. Fire's Flashpoint does the same damage and gets no PI benefit also. So there's a few.

I don't understand what you mean. Shard seems like a decent AOE option to me compared to other power sets.

Celestial and Mental have some pretty weak supers also. Grand Summoning is decidedly "meh". It does slightly more damage than the average 10000 super, but over 4x-30x the time. Polymorph is actually decent for targeted fights. Baleful seems to be missing 20% of its damage somewhere. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to do 12 ticks of damage, but only does 10. So yeah, Supercharges for Sorcery are solidly in the "Needs Work" category.

As I said, projectiles have their problems. But Soul Barrage and Soul Storm are not at all in-line with other 200 cost powers. In fact, they out-damage most 300 cost abilities by about 15%.

Sorcery is (obviously) not a dominant DPS power. But other than the supers (and there really needs to be a complete Supercharge balance pass) (sorry Earth lovers) the only think I can think of that's broken is that Soul Barrage can't be clipped by anything, even a heal. It's not a channel, so that shouldn't be happening. I don't feel like I can blame that on Sorcery's lackluster performance though.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

EMP Pulse (Yay Pulse Pulse!) also can be interrupted, throwback to when it was part of the AM counter mechanic system.
    • Like x 2
  4. L T Devoted Player

Sorry, I meant EMPP!
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

At that point, both Loche and Spord kept it this way in spite/joke and when the revamp happened, whoever was working on it kept it, even though we mentioned it wasn't necessary.

But yeah, EMPP (snicker) damage is large, but it has a pretty large dovetail as well as can be interrupted. It's a midrange (melee) power, that has good base stats. Placed on a stealth loadout with both crit artifacts, can do some considerable damage. In the end though, I blame the artifacts being too good, not the power here. I know that the comparable power that Mental has is no where near as equal in potential damage. Considering, mental, after AM's, became a poor copy of Gadgets. The biggest issue with Mental is the awkward PI and how some of the powers don't flow right.

But this thread is about Sorcery. I'll be honest, did a little more testing, Sorcery can do comparable damage to some of the meta, not top tier, but it's not trash tier either. On the other hand, I agree with WilderMidnight, Mental is in the bottom tier in damage with all that is wrong with it.

In regards to Sorcery healing, I felt that it's always been below since all the breaking PvP adjustments they had. The only time it had some potential was shortly after the watcher got buffed, but dang, that was years ago and way before the statsmatter revamp. The thing about sorcery that failed in the revamp (aside from players not testing it, but doing the powers they wanted to be tested) was that there wasn't a lot of overlapping powers to other healer class that they could standardize. It was a pet class healer power, so there was variables that they held back on too much.
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

I have never seen emp get interrupted. Not even once
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Electric and fires users need to complain. I do wish Sorcery had a power that dont split and awesome ST like fire. Or even a fire burst. Sorcery have neither to fall back on. Or even an invisibility like mental. Overall as a power sorcery is terrible. It's the worse dps power in the game. Compare all powers to sorcery, with no artifacts and using SC, nothing will parse lower.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Oh man, always on my back in solos, duos, and tankless content. If your threat level has the NPC's attention, you will get lunged. Heck, the new solo bosses have a lot of the weapons that are very aggressive and lunge a lot. (DW, Staff, etc.)
    • Like x 1
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

The animation is long, but the damage instant i believe
  10. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

You believe huh? Oh well, looks like you play your own version of dcuo and in that version everyone except you has magic one-shot button. Every your post about sorc is nothing but complain without any provided data. If you too lazy to build up your character, that is completely your fault. I think no one here didn't saw any video proof with data(at least your gear and stats, opponents gear and stats etc.) from you. And you think developers will do something just because "that unknown guy ALB told sorcery is terrible", seriously?