Sorcery is so terrible.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Sep 26, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

I'm going to post what I want. You can go test them and come back with the results. Sorcery is terrible. It's ok with the source shard. Better with a BoP troll, but that shouldn't be the only way to run. I've seen earth dps with Shard and BoP troll, and sorcery not touching that
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Fgse
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

since the revamp those powers that got "left behind" have had tons of videos showcasing their issues. three years worth.

i never really liked how sorcery played from launch. I have a couple characters in mind whos powers would be "magic" and have no desire to go down that road.

i like playing my characters to their concept. never been one to follow fotm trends. basically if i liked the power I would do well with it. if i didnt nothing i would do would improve my performance. this has changed since the revamp. i don't like the robot sidekick. i don't like using pets or henchmen...yet pre revamp i never had any issues excluding these from dpsing and doing very well.

something has been off since the revamp. combat sucks the way it was set up.

would be nice to finally see things get corrected. skill points should matter more. artifacts should be icing on top. might needs to be fixed.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So post WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO CHANGE. Hell, post comparisons with actual information. List the names of the powers you're talking about could even be helpful. Are you running grim? Are you trying to set your own pi? Are you wasting a spot to apply pi while grim is already applying it? It's all a mystery to us
    • Like x 1
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

If you want changes, then it is you who must provide evidence,without video, without specific numbers, your posts are just empty words.
    The fact that you somewhere , under unclear circumstances saw something, no one is interested if you cannot confirm this in the form of video or at least in banal numbers. Even analyzing a specific skill is meaningless if you don't consider the strengths of other skills.

Here's a trivial example for you: everyone knows that the shield of the Atomic Tank is the weakest right? the problem is that the strength of the shield is not correctly estimated without taking into account the absorption of damage from the aura, not taking into account the presence of the strongest group shield, and the synergy with self-healing ...
    • Like x 2
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Most of these videos are pointless as they don't take into account the recent changes for pets, they don't take into account the presence of new artifacts, they don't take into account the changes in other powers.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so basically you want video proof but then blow off when its been provided.
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

show me where in your post at least one link to the video, you just said that somewhere these mythical obsolete video are ...
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Honestly, I'm barely trying to argue with you. I get that some powers are crappy. But all powersets have some powers that you just don't want to use. Would be nice if that wasn't the case but it is and we have to deal with that which is why I'm saying swap powers if you don't like what sorcery does. A bop troll is nice and def helps top charts but have personally done without it. As I've said a lot of times, some powers are just better than others at doing damage and I have been topped by other players. But sorcery can solo heal elites and always be near the top in elites with damage. That can be proven/ has been proven. If you do not want to use source shard, that is your call. You're only hurting yourself. But comparing it to other powers using artifacts then saying sorcery is awful without them? Yeah it sure is. Any power is awful against a power using artifacts.
  10. Kaminuse Active Player

I wouldn't say it is terrible, it is adjustable to become usable. In my opinion, for pvp dps is not very good, but it is okay for pve; A little boring because the skill/rotation options are very small. Healer is good for pvp, not very reliable for solo raids/elites. You can make it work, but definitely not in the most economical way I would say.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Just an update, dps'd in fgse. We lost it right at the end of Zues. Topped overall damage, even I was surprised, by bit over 5mil and 2nd in st. Top had me by just about a mil. Was a great group. Got thru grail pretty quickly and took 3 shots at Zues before we fell apart lol. So yeah, I'm sticking to my belief that sorcery is doing fine. But if the devs want to buff it with no changes, I'm fine with it.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Edit: there was a dps that was 2nd tanking that probably would have topped both charts. Everyone in there was built to the max
  13. jamvaru New Player

the key is fun, is it fun?
    maybe change weapon?
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i've posted tons of videos with the problems mental has. issues with powers going on permanent cool down, transformation lag, missing at point blank range, going completely invisible (not just transparent but completely gone so you cant see your toon at all) if you use invisibility in another players aoe (particularly with water), reduced damage due to control effects that don't work in alerts and raids. issues with power interactions, lack of decent supercharges, removing all but one encasement breaker, telekinetic powers that have no effect, unbalanced ranges of powers and then just the plain lack of damage in dps role. i've been playing the powerset for ten years. i have dozens of "smooth" loadouts that should work but don't.

mental got "overnerfed" during the revamp.

i don't profess to know every power but the ones that i focus on you can see a glaring difference in dps output between mental, nature, quantum, ice and fire.

i don't want to hijack this thread into a "fix mental" thread.

is there any particular reason i need to prove anything to you, another player? was there a vote that all threads need to be approved by you that i missed?
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

ps: there are also issues with certain powers "double casting". telekinesis, psychic shock, cryokenisis. wastes power, makes running elite content difficult because you get stuck in animtion when you dont want to and it messes up your rotation.
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

See, those are all things that can be proven/ you listed everything clearly that can be looked at. I don't know anything about all the powers you listed but can say for sure I know some great players using fire, quantum, and nature. Mental sounds like it's truly broken. But yeah, you listed clear cut issues not just multiple threads that read like "I didn't top the charts so sorcery needs a buff"
  17. L T Devoted Player

Circle of Destruction, which applies Karma and sits almost precisely mid-way between Wintry Tempest and Inferno in terms of total damage. It's not a bad ability.

Karmic Backlash is a melee AOE and stronger than melee burst/DoT abilities like Electron Flare. To be fair, is noticeably weaker than Splosion (which is broken IMO). It's at least stronger than Frost Slam.

Shard of Life does similar damage to Celestial's Divine Light, except it makes use of Bad Karma instead of applying it, and it's cool down is only 6 seconds. Without the PI it does about 15% more damage than Wildfire and Distortion Wave -- which seems about right given its longer cool down.

Finally, Condemn is single target, but does more than 50% more damage than the AOE abilities listed above. It does more than 10% more damage than Celestial's Plague and almost 20% more damage than Consume Soul. It beats Quantum's Gravitonic Field by 25%.

Sorcery's strong 200 cost abilities are projectiles-- yeah we all hate those-- but they've been buffed to hit harder than 300 cost abilities from other power sets.

I get that a lot of people struggle with sorcery, but when I look at the abilities and compare them, I honestly don't see anything out of line.
    • Like x 3
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i have a new issue going on with invisibility but i suspect it has more to do with the current lag we're all experiencing. its hard to explain.
    somehow heat vision ended up in my invisibility loadout in my square slot. i dont like using the power as its not in wilders skill set (wilder is a telepath with telekinetic abilities). if you know how invisibility works in game you basically only get one hit of pain blast and invisibility ends, you go back to being visible with your normal loadout. the way things have been working is i can hit pain blast and if i try to then use my normal loadouts square button (which in my case is terror tendrils) ill fire off heat vision but its like a half powered heat vision, doesn't seem to be doing any damage and if it does its very low numbers (i'm talking like two or three tics of damage under a thousand). like the double casting powers this messes up my rotations and wastes time which in game means less dps. i've played around the last few days with that square slot in my invisibility loadout and no other power does this.

invisibility is a mess. its always been a mess. its why mental was so op during our AM days. Without that bug mental did hit hard but it was no more or less op than ice and earth. if they can't fix it just remove it from the damn game and let us slot pain blast without having to go through a transformation that does nothing but hold us back. pain blast doesnt even hit that hard considering you need to set it up.

Anyway like I said. I didnt want to hi jack this thread but sometimes you just have to.

Apparently the revamp didn't take into consideration that some of us might enjoy using a pftt loadout because in a game about superheroes and villains using powers instead we should all just be spamming robot sidekicks and relying on broken weapon mechanics to feel skillful.

*insert offensive salty language*
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

As knowledgeable about all of it as you seem, I'd make your own post in the bugs section and get some upvotes. Devs are going to pass right over this thread and even if they did open it, the 1st post will have them turn right around. I'd happily upvote a post that lists out all those issues even with no chance of ever using those powers.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i've already been told its too much work to fix. apparently they broke it too much during the revamp.

thanks for ten years of loyalty wilder!