Nature heal art question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I know I made a similar thread few weeks back, but dont feel like digging for it so here we are.

I'm running page strat and trans currently, if I wanted to get the most out of my heals/biggest heals possible what should I replace if anything?

Just to clarify I'm not struggling I'm just looking to improve my game always.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im NOT a healer but my .02 is page, PHR, trans.
    I used to electric heal way way way back in the day before quantums release so i still like to talk heals and i hear page of destiny + purple healing rain is just a flat out nasty combo.
    Strat is a great artifact for dps an i think for heals too but the doenside i see is the heals from it would be pretty delayed rite? It procs off of other ticks meaning to get the heal from it, you would have to have already healed the damage OR proactivly set the heal. In either case, strat is late to the party as a healer.
    Now i am VERY interested to hear if im wrong an why as i enjoy talking heals an am sure i could be wrong.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Page+Purple but be warned I think Purple is about to get the same treatment Solar Amp just got.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Tactical Advantage
    Upon achieving a critical hit on a target, there is a chance to apply Tactical Advantage on that target based on the type of ability used for (4/8/8/8) seconds.
    * Damage Critical: Apply a damage over time.
    * Heal Critical: Apply a heal over time.
    * Power Heal Critical: Apply a power over time.

Way I understand it is trans sets up strat rank 80 perk, with being able to crit more you will apply tact advantage more. I guess my only concern is if I replace strat, as it stands when I cast say SG>meta green numbers just pop off peoples head and quickly, now idk if some of those or alot of those HoTs are from my strat proc or not, guess tomorrow I need to set up combat log so to show healing so I can see how often strat is actually benefiting me. So I know if it's worth keeping.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Meaning nerfed? What's wrong with it to be nerfed?
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The healing from Purple is too strong. There are some boss mechanics that you shouldn't be able to heal through, with Purple you can. It's broken imo and I would hate to see someone level something else up to 200 just to have it nerfed shortly after.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ok if not that artifact then what would be a good replacement? I dont wanna use orb, I actually had it and dropped it into my current artifacts lol
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lol, I would stick with Trans/Strat/Page. I'm still using Trans/Strat/Orb.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brit Loyal Player

I am 100% sold on Orb for Nature Healing. Nature has very strong Heal Over Time, so even stuff like Strategist Card feels like (to me) it doesn't make that big of a difference. I never have problems with general over time healing; Nature struggles with burst healing. And burst healing is all about the Orb giving that 300% triple priority heal.

Beyond that, I typically use a Demon's Fang to offset the power cost of the Orb. For a third, I personally like the Page, but nothing has really seemed to make nearly the difference that Orb does.
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well I found out that even without orb your priority heal as nature heals everyone effected by pheromones. So that's my reasoning behind not wanting to use orb anymore.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I see yea, strat would be a preemptive geal then when it procs not a “late to the party” type heal i thought it was
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I know come tomorrow rather it's worth keeping, imma do a test run of doomed metro of 1 of those smoke clouds around where doomsday usually is, and see how often strat proc's on SG>meta and then on SG>meta>cross poll. If it's only like 1x imma ditch strat lol, and grab purple healing ray. It at least has resto and it Grant's a free shield iirc. I'll have to do what I did with my current 3 and save a butt load of source mark beforehand if I decide to switch it out.
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Blossom does hit extra targets. But the purpose of the Orb is for burst healing. It heals 3x as much as a normal Priority Heal. So when there's a billion adds, or when the Tank takes that huge hit that knocks them down to 10%, the Orb Priority Heal is an instant cast empty-to-full recovery. Spamming the priority heal three separate times to accomplish that same healing involves too much waiting for cooldowns during the most dangerous and time sensitive moments of the fight.

To me, the Strat Card feels like going to the Doctor for a routine check-up, giving healing when you don't actually need it. Orb is more like major surgery, giving tons of healing when it is needed in order to save a life.
    • Like x 1
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Fair enough, I rarely even my priority heal as it is, that's even running reg raids. That's as a solo healer. Usually if people drop down to 10% HP I pop SG meta and cross poll, and health bars are filled with HoTs remaining.

idk I'll level up that healing ray try it out if it isnt a 'fit' I'll drink it into orb and give it a whirl
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

People really think purple is good? I still think it's the most useless arti I've taken up to 200. Power back and reset cooldown is the only good thing about it. Page is a neccessary one imho. But with nature, not my experienced powerset mind you, trans strat eye seems to be everyone's favorite but I think that's prenerf. Page is just an absolute must for elites anyway. At least 1 healer needs it, it saves soooo many wipes.
    • Like x 1
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea I have page, trans, and strat atm. Looking for a replacement possibly for strat.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brit Loyal Player

Eye of Gemini is absolute garbage for Nature. Nature does not have a useful Supercharge, and Nature needs 6 standard powers just to do the normal healing rotation.

The only way to even have a Supercharge is to take a Shapechange supercharge, and then put your 6th power on the second bar. And now that Nature just had the Supercharges all changed to no longer be 25% supercharges, spamming Shapechanges constantly is no longer viable. And simply put, you cannot have an essential power to your rotation be throttled by a 50% supercharge. "Hey, I know you need a shield, but I've got that on the other bar and I haven't charged up enough to be able to toggle and use it."

Gemini was only barely useful in the days of 25% shapechanges, and post Nature adustments, Gemini has firmly established itself to be absolute garbage for Nature Healing.

Nature will require: Savage Growth, Metabolism, and Cross Pollination as your baseline Heal Over Times. Flourish to spread your phermones and refresh the Heal Over Times. Blossom for Priority Heal, and Swarm Shield as our only Shield. There just isn't anything that can be reasonably removed to make room for a supercharge, and no worthwhile supercharge that actually accomplishes anything to justify knocking out one of your six essential powers.
    • Like x 2
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Isn't trans really meant to pair with strat? I think you could run trans without strat but not vice versa? I'm here to learn more than help lol. I think page is the only must have.
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea trans just ups your crits chance/mag, so it allows you to get more benefit from strats rank 80 perk, but my thing is when ppl drop to 10% I'm not sure how many times strat actually proc's. I plan to test that out tomorrow when I have the free time to do so.

Because strat its perk relies heavily upon you getting crits often so trans is a must if you do run strat. But trans can be ran by itself like with a setup of page trans orb or whatever.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm a big fan of orb also. Tho it does make it so I never want to use my priority. But those big spike damages to the tank are just ideal for it
    • Like x 1