Inventory style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by N-IX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. N-IX Well-Known Player

I don’t see the problem of letting players manage the content of their inventory
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Imagine being upset by a list of styles your character collected while playing, and considering that disorganized and clutter; while being unable to reply to people in a single reply and having to make multiple incomplete followup replies -- all while claiming to be a very organized person.

Please use proper terminology when discussing topics for purposes of avoiding miscommunication. Inventory is where your items collected (loot) is stored. Your style menu is a running list of styles your character has collected and is organized by body-part type for the most part. I'm [actually] a very organized person, and using incorrect language that obfuscates the substance of a topic is unnecessarily time consuming and typically leads to miscommunications.

If you're referencing the style menu still, it is managed. If you'd like to see improvements to how that menu is managed and presented to players, make specific suggestions that improve the system (without breaking it). Good luck.
    • Like x 2
  3. N-IX Well-Known Player

Ty
  4. N-IX Well-Known Player

sorry for my English, I am French
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I get extremely ocd when it comes to my inventory. I recently reworked how I set things up a little. I don't think I want any changes made unless its something really cool like separate pages for r and d materials and equipped gear.

I would never recommend permanently deleting a style you've collected. Anything really, even low tiered alts you may feel you have no use for. You may not have use for it now but that can change.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You posted on a public forum where people will offer their opinions, you will take their opinions and you will like their opinions good sir :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

What happens when people start accidentally deleting their styles?
    • Like x 5
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or what about when they then go run something where say "Snake" shoulders comes up and it's green...so they collect it...and it's back in the style 'inventory'.

Follow up request "Now change the description on gear for the style to be 'Collected, but then deleted' So I quit picking up useless styles"...wait for it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I love the voodoo style so much i keep deleting it, just so i can recollect it :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Starblast Well-Known Player

I believe since the OP is not native in speaking English so the translation is coming off more aggressive than it is meant to. It is just a Quality of life suggestion but I do not believe it is a priority for the devs at this time. I'm sure they are doing their best. With that said; C'est La Vie.
    • Like x 2
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I understand what you mean, but I'll defend OP here. Most people making feature requests and suggestions are addressing the Devs directly when they're posting. The rest of us don't really matter.

This is the only platform for players to "interact" with the Dev team with longform or 2 sided communication. The fact that it's public or that other players get to offer up their own unsolicited opinions on anything is really a detriment to the process. And it's definitely not something we should be chastising the poster about. "What'd you think would happen when you posted publically?" is really more of an attempt to shut down meaningful discussions that we don't want. In this case, OP's suggestion is problematic so most of us are more than happy to shut it down fast.

Bottom line is the OP's actual concern is the sprawl of the style menu. It's something a lot of us are probably annoyed by and wish was better handled. Same with Base items and the feats menus. These UI elements were introduced early in the game way before the game become so expansive and those menus weren't designed with massive amounts of content in them over 10 years. The problem is OP's solution is just not a well considered one.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

There is of course the ability within the forums to private message the developers, if you make a thread it goes without saying it'll end up with other player input. That can at times be frustrating without a doubt for all of us, but is par for the course.

I don't have an issue with anyone starting topics, debate is healthy, we're never all going to agree even if we think other peoples ideas are nonsensical, so in that I agree, the OP is entitled to express his desires for the game, just one method of course comes with a greater level of player interaction which you might not like :)
    • Like x 4
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I couldnt help but lol at this guess I'm as much of a troll as you are lmao
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

What do you mean? I was serious, he needs to like them :cool:
    • Like x 1
  15. N-IX Well-Known Player

I maintain my opinion, if we want to be able to delete something from the style inventory we should be able to do it....
  16. N-IX Well-Known Player

happy or not that is my opinion
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Oh, no doubt. I think it goes without saying that if it's public, then the community gets a chance to weigh in. My point was rather; but should they always? We tend to approach these threads as if we're being consulted and our input is solicited, when in fact, like the OP implies, it's really not. Almost like having a conversation with a friend on a bus; it's public and everyone can hear but most have the sense to realize they aren't the intended audience and don't need to weigh in.

So, I'm just saying that players aren't necessarily posting here for validation of their requests (even if that would be nice or helpful) from us, so it's important to not reply to them as if they are.

As for nonsensical ideas etc. again, I understand your point but it's still pretty subjective. Like here, the OP is really just trying to ask for better UI/management of the Style menu without realizing that what they're asking for if done would lead to a lot of problems. In return they've just been trolled and noone made any effort to understand the nature of what they wanted. And on that note; a lot of "feedback" is often equally nonsensical since not everyone reading a post understands an OP and their point, but still feels compelled to subject the OP (and the rest of us) to their feelings on whatever topic. ;)
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm on Proxy's side on this one. If you post in the forum, expect replies, good or bad...whether you post TO: a dev or not. The idea of a discussion forum is just that...discussion. I think this is especially true when someone is 'requesting' a change. Ideally, if we are to believe that any of our input from here is read and considered by the devs, BAD ideas (maybe more than good ones even) need replies so they know just how bad or unwanted they are...since there is no 'thumbs down' option. A good idea might not warrant replies but a pile of 'thumbs up' can show that many think it's a good idea.

Let me give you a completely nonsensical example.
    "Devs, all users with names who start with 'A' need to be moderated" (you know I'm joking right...just making sure).

I'd think, even though I did not ask for the input...you will have something to say about that.

For the record I can see the OPs request for UI management having some merit, although I'd be more on the side of being able to 'hide' or archive styles I had no use for vs them figuring a way to actually delete them. This was already suggested above in the 1st reply and has the likes to show that some people would agree that it's a good idea....regardless of the OPs steadfast clinging to the 'delele or NOTHING' stance.
    • Like x 1
  19. N-IX Well-Known Player

I just said that the 2 would be good, delete what seems logical to me and Archived for the collector, I repeat we should be able to manage our style inventory
  20. N-IX Well-Known Player

I had a negative response for the archiving and deletion functions for the style inventory, apparently too complicated to set up .... lol, a request that has already been requested for nearly 10 years, we have says that to add these functions to the menus a redesign would be necessary ....., clearly we are being laughed at ...