My .02 cents on wonderverse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Some leaks websites have already reported on at least some of the bonus rewards. I'm not sure if the list was exhaustive but Bombshell WW's bracers, Nubia and Grail's hairstyles were highlights as datamined rewards.

Nubia's breastplate and belt would have been nice but I'm happy to finally have decent stand alone bracers without the undersock glove treatment.
    • Like x 1
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I never have trouble getting into a good phase. Literally use LFG and type "inv 4 bounty spam plz" and you'll be pulled into a group in a busy phase.

Furthermore, some people have started to recognize me ingame because I go the extra step of advertising the phase "Phase 2 me @ Murk (etc)" so that anyone looking has at least someone they know in a good phase they can try to get to. And I'll often also drop group if I'm not in charge of it and start trolling LFG for people looking for bounties and form my own group and repeat the process therefore expanding the amount of people getting into the phase and keeping it busy.

While the DLC launched with issues related to phases, they have been resolved.

Most of your complaints here are a result of simply not understanding the mechanics of the fights like with any content.

In each fight there's a toggle objective that when completed will essentially guarantee the player top rewards. In the Murk fight clicking at least 2 source crystals that spawn will do this. In the Ares fight, deliver at least 2 barrels. In the Athena fight intercept and then click at least 2 source boxes. In the Apokalips fight do the same thing and get at least 2 boxes from the Parademons. But honestly, I've been running my healer to gear it up and I've never had problems getting top rewards just healing without the side objectives (I did with my primary tank though and have to do the side objectives to be safe).

As for not seeing the Red Letters warnings. That's subjective. Some ignore it, some can't see it. There's plenty of times I can see it but there's also plenty of times I can't see that warning either because it's obscured by the noise of the VFX AND all the character namecards and flyaway text burying it. I think that graphic pollution is a huge problem in this game and work discussing. ALL of the powersets need to have their VFX scrutinized and improved for this issue.
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Are you serious? Did you play the first weekend?...or the 2nd? Phases were crammed with players and if someone added you to group, you could not phase with them. Lots of people posting in LFG need 1 more for bounty or phase for good bounty phase etc. You couldn't get in even when added to group. Many frustrated players. And if you went into the walk in solo you were no longer in the same phase as your group. That makes no sense. The phase limits have been messed with and there is some improvements. When you are a role, especially a healer, there should be no requirement other than healing. Not putting in fire barrels that disappear too fast because the boss is gone super fast. If your doing a side mission it should be required, example fire barrels must put out all fire first before boss can be killed, turrets must be offline in Murk and Stephenwolf areas. Portals closed by Athena, integrated fight sequences is better than torch the bosses with 200 people and u might not get a hit in. I'm completely fine with a player being in the group and DOING nothing and getting the loot, because I have the option to kick that person out of group. The game regulates it and I have heard and seen the complaints. You dropping group and adding more and more people to the phase is part of the problem where people couldn't get into the phase because hard cap was hit. Adding people to the group was a chore. Many players got picked up right away and when I attempted to add them to group they were already in one. You had to get them to send a tell or sit like a hawk in recent text and try to snipe new posts. That whole scenario is not enjoyable. It may be better now, as not as many players run it. I frequently hear leaguemates complain about issues with groups failing or blue screens from portals, not getting full loot when they are actively doing everything they can, hydra teeth etc. Not understanding mechanics of fights? There is no explanation in game. Theres also only a few fire barrels and what happens if another group takes them all? They only come out when the boss is half dead. It should be, no more damage until fires are put out. Things that are integrated into the fight. Glad you got it all figured out though and you can tell all the players what to do that don't know in your big bounty groups. There isn't a round that I don't experience myself or another player in group either type or say, I didn't get full rewards?! After sitting thru waiting for the dumb bounty they should get the reward just for being there. You must live in the perfect DC universe phase scenario where everything is perfect because your so in love with being known or whatever. You bought into the less content model. The dev.s need to step up the content level. I bet you didn't even know you can fly to the large island across from murk and other areas in patchwork when you fall thru the floor or there's even a spot you can fly out of the area. They made it a vast area but a lot of it is normally unaccesable.
    • Like x 2
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Click that edit button and format your wall of text if you have something you'd like to say.
    • Like x 2
  5. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Just put your glasses on if you can't read it. Thanks for your meaningless forum patrolling comment. I will not edit it...just because you told me too.
    • Like x 3
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

*shrug*

Maybe use smoke signals instead then. One of us might see them without having to read that.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I just dont like how the bounties have taken away from other content. I still like to run other instances in relevancy and it is a chore to fill out raids on LFG, forget about blind queing, if you aren't doing them on wipe day. Even with double marks for the last 2 episodes I've spent over an hour, multiple times, trying to fill raid groups. The only reason why i suspect the new biunties are to blame, is because it is basically 90% of LFG is right now..,,,bounties

I don't hate this episode, but I'm not overly impressed with it either. It does look nice though
    • Like x 4
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

So because he has a different opinion you attack his post structure?
    • Like x 1
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I didn't attack his post structure. Imagine feeling victimized when expected to reply to another person respectfully and coherently. Maybe the internet isn't the best platform for either of you if you're that sensitive. Replying like that isn't different from replying with a block of all caps text.

We're all supposed to be adults (or trying) here. We take the time to reply to each other respectfully and in a way that best communicates our thoughts to each other for efficient communication and to avoid miscommunication. If I take the time to respectfully reply to someone, I expect the same in return. If he can't be bothered to reply in way that is legible, that's his prerogative, but I won't be bothered to spend time deciphering it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

I made my own thoughts known in another post, but I personally don’t understand the love for bounties. Normal bounties (pre-patchwork) were great for one reason, 8 easy marks. They aren’t fun or particularly challenging (except for manbat, he was tough). It’s just pew pew pew done, go collect your rewards. Now we pew pew pew and sit for 5 minutes to pew pew pew again. It is beyond boring; I was ecstatic to finish them up last week.
    • Like x 5
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Holy mother wall of text, let me try to separate this lmao
    Response is in red
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

...lol sorry had to fix that a bit Mr. Ward lol
    • Like x 1
  13. KN1TE Dedicated Player

LOL on the wall of texts. Blame the person telling me to edit it. I didn't edit just out of spite. I'm aware orbital strike should get you the rewards. But when I'm healing...full healer armory, I don't run orbital strike, and shouldn't be required to. I'm pointing out flaws with the current way it's done. I have had issues and I stated those issues. Where in game does it say you have to do XYZ to get certain rewards. It doesn't. The game continues on it's communication fail.

I'm tired of hearing and explaining stupid tactics that aren't explained in game. I hear a lot of complaints from the less informed. I have an open league with very little restrictions, so I hear from new players, returning players and experienced players. Each has a different, but valid gripe. I stated some possible solutions.

As for the island, I was commenting on it that if explored, how much is designed beyond what is used. Sitting for bounties was boring and it's funny what you can find in between.
  14. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Good points, getting roles for raids is quite hard. There needs to be better incentives to replay previous content. I believe and have stated, if there is a special mark associated with the episode, source marks should be obtainable. It's not fair that currently a 307 cr can get source marks from the current and past two episodes. I'm keeping my toons intentionally lower CR to remain in the source mark window. I think currently it's punishing higher CR players. Once they are out of source mark relevancy, they are less likely to rerun previous episodes.
    • Like x 1
  15. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Where do I sign? God I agree with every word.
    This DLC is boring, it is tiring, full of problems and going to a good stage was, and sometimes still is, the worst of all problems here.
    And that of being forced to chat, meaningless conversation because your phase kills a boss in 20 seconds and the next one will come in 5 minutes?
    Who had this grotesque idea? In 1 hour of game you kill each boss 2 times, it takes 30 seconds for each and 60 seconds for Hydra so, 30 x 4 = 120 + 120 (Hydra x2) we have ... 240 seconds!
    It's 4 minutes! 4 minutes to kill everything and watch the beach for more than 50 minutes waiting for the next wave ...
    Go as support roles? Never think about it, you want the full reward (those made for DPS)
    this DLC was a crazy sequence of errors and problems, nothing saves it.
    • Like x 1
  16. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Your response is pretentious and demanding. Hence why I didn't change it. Normally, I put spaces for paragraphs or points. Legible? Blocks of words, sentences, posts whatever the case is common place on the internet. You decided to respond and make a requirement of me only so you can be above a post in which you can't refute. Posts are chalk full of bad spelling, punctuation, or just can't be understood. I don't go telling that person to edit and clear up their "mistakes." I read it regardless and can get the idea. FYI Did you konw ltteres out of odrer can siltl be raed if the frist and lsat letetrs are in the smae sopt. Yuor bairn can rarereange tehm. Ulness yuros is not wrkinog.
    • Like x 3
  17. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Seriously not?
    So you are the only player in this game who had no problems with phases, because I never met anyone who had 100% good phases in this bad dlc.
    Those phases that were always full and that did not allow members of the group to join them?
    Those stages that were clogged with a lot more players than necessary and remained like that all night?
    You can't even describe the dread that these phase restrictions and the format adopted were, and still are.

And this type of attitude created most of the problems with the phases, it only hurt this DLC even more in its beginning. The phase is full.

The only thing that resolved this was that I got rid of those feats, so I don't have to go back more than once a week.

Most of your complaints here are a result of a love for an indefensible, boring, slow, poorly executed episode, with little to do besides repeating the same thing (after spending 50 minutes just looking at the landscape).
    • Like x 1
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's not demanding at all. I'm not concerned with your opinion. If you want to be taken seriously treat others with dignity and respect.
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'm not. Apparently you and Knite are the only players in the game incapable of joining LFG and asking to be added to a spam group? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you can't phase to someone advertising, you ask to be added to a spam group instead so that you "line-by-pass" the phase soft-cap and get pulled into the phase where the activity is.

There's a hard cap. When it's full it's full but if it's only at soft-cap you can phase into it IF you're grouped with people in it. Voila. You're welcome.

Ah so you did them, not understanding how it all works, and haven't been back. So, you probably completed the feats in the first week and don't even know how the content plays today? Is that what you're saying?

Complaints? You and Knite are the ones complaining. Many of us are happy.
    • Like x 1
  20. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Are you kidding me? Another demand LOL!

Demand definition: an insistent and peremptory request, made as if by right.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.