How long should new players wait before opening a thread?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Titanik, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Titanik Active Player

It's been nearly a week and he still can't open a thread or send his comment. How long it'll take?
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

3. Eve YouTuber

I'm pretty sure either Mepps or his mods do this manually for new players. It needs to be approve because they changed how it works... but yeah he should've been able to comment\open a thread already.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As Zoe said, new posters are moderated. A week seems excessive, but maybe they are tied up with Batman day, the Xtra Life event, etc. Was his 1st post 'controversial'? I doubt it, but if so, maybe it's never going up...but I'd think he'd have gotten a feed back in the process, or caught a 2 week ban (that would be a new record BTW).

I'd say have them post something off topic in 'Joker's funhouse'. A "New to the fourms" greeting or something. If that doesn't go through something seems off.
  5. Titanik Active Player

His ID is @StepDutch

Thank you both. I don't know if he contacted with moderators but I'll remind that too.

And @Reinheld, his first post wasn't controversial. He's just supported me on my thread with a comment. And created a new thread, which is just a 'similar' to mine.

Here's my thread,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...for-development-team-too.311574/#post-4347762

And here's his,
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/some-questions-about-dcuo.311584/

It's locked for now but maybe people wants to see it in future. And you can also support us too.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I read yours, and get your message. Good luck with seeing that change made...but I wouldn't count on it.

As far as why his post might have been locked or moderated out was if it was a too similar they might have pulled it as a duplicate. Especially if it was harsher worded than yours (can't read it).
  7. Titanik Active Player

First, thank you for reading and no it's actually more constructive than mine. It's not the same but simillar, I can't rate how much but you get the idea. And we get it maybe they didn't unlock because they think it's the same but why they blocked his comment? And did they blocked other players' post's too? This is the thing I can't understand.
  8. Eve YouTuber

I think your best bet is have your friend (Or yourself) messaging CM Mepps:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?members/mepps.6/
    "Information > Start a Conversation"
    • Like x 1
  9. Titanik Active Player

• Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I thought players were only limited if they logged in with an account that had never played the game? Is your friend using the same credentials he uses to log into the game? For example if he plays on PS4 he'll have to use his PS4 log in, if he's on Xbox then he needs to use his Xbox log in, if he's on Switch he needs to use his Switch log in or if he's on PC then just a normal Daybreak account is fine.