Fixed Temple of Hera Solo: Apokoliptian Grail's fight freezes the game

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by The Jeff, Sep 19, 2020.

1. The Jeff Well-Known Player

Platform: PS4
    Faction: Villain
    Power: Quantum

In the final fight against Grail, in the version where she puts the red spiral puddle thing on the ground that pulls you in, if you quantum tunnel out of it you have a chance of crashing the game. Seems to be about a 1 in 4 or so chance in my experience. I've had this occur multiple times. The UI will freeze completely. Trying to bring up a menu, porting to rally, or any other action then freezes the client completely requiring a force kill of the client and restart. It only happens on that specific version of Grail and not on any other version, nor any version of the prior source powered boss.
    • Like x 12
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Not just Quantum Tunnelling. Was just going to report that as Fire it will sometimes crash as well. Did it two days in a row. Today I took things slow and didn't hit her with everything at once and got through it fine. It may happen only when you're in the middle of her red circle.

But it's an odd crash.
    + Game play is completely frozen but chat continues.
    + HUD is available but when I try to get to the Map to warp to rally then everything freezes and you have to manually quit game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I had this weird freeze on me with celestial. I wanted to tape it, but it just wouldn't happen whenever I was recording the fight.
  4. rjam7753 New Player

The Boss Fight with Grail in the solo with Red Son WW is bugged. If you get caught in the middle of the red circle of damage, you freeze and get locked up. You can't complete the solo. I'm no PS4.
    • Like x 1
  5. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

When Grail puts out her red pool my screen freezes (and can’t complete). PS4, not sure what the problem is, am having to go to another version of the solo.
    • Like x 2
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That actually happened to me today too.
    • Like x 1
  7. Raptim Well-Known Player

same on my mental character today.
  8. Raptim Well-Known Player

twice in a row, on my fire character this time.
    • Like x 2
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Happened to me today, needs a fix as fast as heat vision burning allies.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Still waiting on this to get fixed. Happened again today.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Could be unrelated, but today I was fighting the infused Parademon. At about 80% health, he became invincible, and when I tried using my orbital, I was kicked out of the temple (The game didn’t crash and I remained logged in) and the chat window said “zone unavailable”.
  12. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

I run the solos on five toons. In the last two days the red one freezes on the last boss. This has happened at least five times in two days. I had to close the game to be able to start over
    • Like x 2
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I was just about to start a thread on this. I was in the red crystal solo as well and I have frozen atleast 4 times now since I've been running it. Either compensate my time for having to restart or fix the bug.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Seriously? Compensate my time? Y'all getting a bit dramatic with video games lately. Did those 5mins keep someone from curing cancer? Cost you a few hundred from not working or something?
    But yes, can confirm this happens. So I stay out of "redroom"
    • Like x 3
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I run 5+ toons in the solo. I have disconnected multiple times. A bit dramatic is the cancer comment you made. Put yourself in my shoes and go disconnect upwards of 10+ times in a few days like my league mates have and you tell me if you enjoy having to redo the whole thing. Especially when her health was at 10% each time. If you still dont understand then that's you.
  16. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Villain toon, Ice Power, Red Son version of the solo, PS4.

It happened to me too....twice. When the red quantum thing appears on the floor, it freezes the solo. I have to close the game app in order to get out of it.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I mean I get it but wouldn't you just stay out of the red room? Pretty sure all 3 other ones are fine. 1st toon, ok crappy. 2nd toon, hmm, maybe somethings wrong. 3rd toon, try another room. If it was the only solo we could get in then maybe I can see it being something worth "compensation" but the alert was wacky for weeks and people either stayed out of it or dealt with it. No one recieved a check in the mail. If they did, I would like one too. I do completely agree that it needs to be fixed so mostly just being a wisebutt
  18. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Been happening to me as well, cannot finish the solo. Tried 3 times and keep freezing at Grail. Got "Zone Unavailable" after a screen meltdown the 1st two times and now at the 3rd time my screen is completely frozen and I will have to shutdown and reboot the game.

Have the devs even looked at this thread yet? I do not see any acknowledgement from them anywhere that they are looking into this.
  19. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

It happened to me too, last fight with Grail when the mother box attacks.
    Rage toon here.
  20. AberrantAngel Committed Player

This has happened to me at least once a day since the last update.