Just asking about Style Sharing again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Is there any ETA on the next stage of style sharing, there's still a whole heap of stuff missing, haven't had this included in an update for a while?
    • Like x 5
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

Soon™er rather than later. Progress has been made.
    • Like x 11
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks.
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Thanks for the update as the "while" that Proxy mentioned is over 2 years. (GU 86)
    Progress is a huge positive. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'd particularly like to see seasonal styles unlocked, though why DCUO might be reluctant -- it would lessen sales of seasonal currency in the Marketplace -- is obvious.

But I can still hope. However a style is given, it's tremendously tedious to have to do the same things all over again for each and every character one might have. If you have, say, 15 alts, this just will never happen unless the player is obsessive-compulsive. Especially since you have to do the seasonals every single year to keep up, which is a factor that applies to no other kind of styles in the game. So there's what I think is a good reason to consider making seasonal styles unlockable anyway.
    • Like x 2
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, they have been doing price drops on items from past seasonal events to make them a little easier to snag while the event is up and running. If that has been extending to style items (can't say for sure, I tend to get the style item out of the way on one character and Replay Badge any related feats on other characters) then there's not as much need for players to buy currency off the Marketplace.

Now, some of the drop styles that aren't tradeable? I can understand frustration that arises with not being able to buy those styles (the Witch hat in particular has been the bane of a few players who want it for a particular character). Hopefully things like that might make the cut, but rare item chases are a staple of MMOs and keeping players playing/engaged so unfortunately there's a decent chance those would stay as they are.