Sorcery Source Shard Cooldown Supercharge

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheEnquirer, Sep 14, 2020.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

To everyone saying it needs a buff, what's your loadout? We can't compare hypotheticals and I'm pretty sure we are all talking end game elites. My guess, because I see it all the time, is that you've specced halfway into a pet build. Meaning you're still trying to do some damage yourself. Hybrid build if you will. I don't like la mort but it paired well for resetting gw same as the fast cooldown blast. I could run powers that make me do more damage but that would be at the expense of the pets/ gw being maximized. I'm also assuming we are all only talking about sorcery and not some other powerset with rsk involved or something cuz that would be a total waste.
    Other options for making sorcery better exist but not with source shard involved. Now you could also swap mort for sa but now that that's been buffed, I'd guess they're pretty even.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, you're making a lot of assumptions that the people "we" play with against are lackluster which is a rather strong assumption when it is entirely possible that 1: they aren't and 2: you are. Like if I went in and was getting smoked constantly, I wouldn't be coming in here trying to get a buff. I would be tweaking and trying different things. Everyone's reaction lately is to complain till things go their way. Play the hand you're dealt or fold.
  3. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

First point to clarify - I played every power but water, always might based, and usually as a DPS I fall in the middle of the pack; don't know if it's my 40+ year old hand speed or I'm on PS4 vs PC, or what, but typically I do"fine", holding my weight at minimum. However, with this sorcery / pet build, I've been vying for the top DPS regularly; in one FGS instance, me and a rage DPS had about 20M more DMG than the other 3 DPS. Now that said, I PUG and I only run reg, so were all the DPS' in the last 5 groups I ran with terrible and I looked good by comparison? It's possible. But I think I have enough of a sample size to say it's one of the best DPS builds I've run. Now for the build (it's pretty close to Hellstroke's):

Artifacts : 200 shard, 160 grim, 200 Solar amp

Loadout:
    Soulbolt
    Heatvision
    godwave
    offering
    fury
    Baleful trans ( I prefer the 50% SC vs waiting around for the 100% Grand summoning)

trinkets: shadow bat and sidekick, dps trinket and orbital

Rotation:

summon bat
    -heat vision (to target the enemy, give bat time to summon, and start the burning dot)
    -godwave/ offering
    -heatvision as soon as it off cooldown
    -offering as soon as it's off cooldown (unless godwave is cooled down or almost cooled down; then hit a couple soulbolts and wait so you can hit godwave first. Always go godwave/ offering; if godwave is off cool down, I always wait for the offering to be close to off cool down so I can combo them
    -hitting soulbolt in between when everything else is on cooldown.
    -use SC as available, I usually line up the DPS trinket with it (because most of your damage is pet damage, best to hold the trinket for when you do alot of your own damage (i.e. the SC)
    -summon sidekick when bat goes away

It's actually a pretty simple build to play, you basically hit two powers and then godwave/offering when available, with maybe a few solo offerings in-between.

As for the alternate build mentioned earlier, I found it does about the same or better with AOE, but definitely loses out on boss (ST) damage, so I've been switching builds depending on what I'm running. I noticed it's definitely less steady (although I think alot of that is there is more button mashing (no channels) and as a result, I lose track and miss summoning either the bat or sidekick in a timely manner. Also, no room for SC. Load out: offering, godwave, fury, then mashing soul siphon, soul barrage, soul storm. The godwave procs more often, so usually I wait until its off cooldown, then combo the offering vs. hitting offering by itself (so it's available immediately when godwave is). Arts 200 shard, 200 trans, 200 strat.
    • Like x 1
  4. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

i just got the bootility belt on my source shard toon. Is it worth getting rid of the construct bat and running three boos? I want to keep my orbital since I run scepter. I would possibly get rid of grim. I am earth and obivously will keep crystal. Another option I was thinking of was using an armory because I currently dont have a SC. I typically switch that in the cut scenes and remove jackhammer since that is what usually gets me killed, I then armory back in the fight once sc is empty unless I have a constant eye of gemini healer.

My current utility belt is filled with orbital, dark construct, supply drop which I am ok dropping and dps trinket.
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Only one way to find out really. Bat hits harder than anything I'm pretty sure tho. Grim doesn't hit hard but if he's applying pi, that may be something you don't want to be without. I'm still waiting to get a bootility belt so I can't say what I'm going to do. My source is 200 so need 3 pets out, right now it's fury/grim/ rotate between side kick and bat construct. Once I get the belt, I plan to try a few things like ditching grim and applying my own pi in place of supercharge and running amulet/ source/ la mort and all boo pets and bat instead of sidekick and grim
  6. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

My earth PI is my power clipper, so with Source Shard it is key to get rid of that cooldown. And I agree with experimenting to find out if it works. I just wanted to float it out there to see if I got any adamant dont do its before I grind out getting the boos.
    • Like x 1