Question for Mepps or Batuba

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gabriel ct8, Sep 17, 2020.

1. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Devs only care about money these days smf
    • Like x 2
  2. inferno Loyal Player

This was a sample list of Legendary powers that can be ported over to Iconics. The idea was that they also contributed to Powersets like how Sonic Cry applies the "daze" interaction.

Two-Face - Fire Barrel move: nice gadget-like mine move with an aoe dot of fire applies burning
    Bane - Seismic Slam: earth-like applies crushing
    Steel - Atom Splitter: change into Electric to apply electrify with an Aoe dot stun
    Dr. Fate - Circle of Judgment: sorcery-like aoe, dot and stun enemies; applies bad karma;
    Luthor - Lexcorp Surface strike
    Green Lantern - Strafing Jet
    Atrocitus - Rage expulsion: Rage of Butcher an SC with 3 levels (2500-5000-10000) increase in might or damage.
    • Like x 1
  3. xXxSmok3xXx New Player

What was the response to survival mode? There s one coming again or no?
  4. Raven Roth Committed Player

I'd rather have new Iconic Powers or updated power animations like Donna's beautiful version of celestial
    • Like x 2
  5. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Would you guys be interested in checking out my iconic Powers thread.
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

I understand this for new powers, specially since we have role themed powers.
    BUT!!!
    Dont you guys think it's time to expand existing powersets with new habilities? Or time to expand iconic powers with new, existing ones from the iconic characters? You guys even have the animations and VFX already there.
    I mean, 10 years without adding new habilities or iconic powers, it speaks volumes. You can make them member only, because membership could use some new perks, more in sync with the current state of the game.

I'm just amazed the existing powersets and iconic powers were never expanded or updated. We only got new powers and thats it.
    Skins for the orbitals are cool but sadly not enough.
    • Like x 2
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

Sky is blue?
    • Like x 3
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The launch powers did get updates at some stage, but I don't remember what year. Maybe like 2013? That's just a guess though. Fire, Ice and Mental had their visuals overhauled completely, they probably got some updates to how they worked too. Gadgets had its abilities reworked (Gag Glove and Clown Box were removed and moved to Iconics, Gadgets gained some new abilities to replace them). I think that Nature and Sorcery did get a rework but they were both very minor. Mental even received a brand new ability (Psychic Prison) during the revamp.

I would absolutely love new abilities to be added to the existing powers, but I did just want to point out that new abilities have been added over the course of the 10 years, just not very many.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I know about the visual overhaul and the changes in powerset. But those were tweaks and changes.
    Im talking about new habilities added, like you hit CR 100 you get higher tier habilities.
    In every game you keep growing and getting habilities or powers, but in DCOU doesnt matter if you are lvl 30 or CR 300.
    You only get the same habilities. Its kinda lame.
    We always chasing the latest vendor gear and artifacts but the only thing that changes are stat numbers and still, you will be clamped in old content.
    I dont care about stats I want to see different powers and habilities and have amplified versions of it, this is a superhero game.
    I get that they are mostly working on a new game and DCUO is basically maintenance mode: time capsule, seasonal, episode, repeat.
    We arent getting exciting things anymore, but they had like 10 years to do it and never did.
    • Like x 2
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

*abilities

Overzealous autocorrect?
    • Like x 1
  11. mrforklift Level 30

[IMG]
    [IMG]

• Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They said they do have plans for the next SM, just no exact timeframe of when.
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yet you claim to be all about "facts."

14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Zero citations, zero facts.

Let me make this simple for you: please give a scientifically accurate, precise, definition of "blue."

I've got popcorn ready. I expect to enjoy your tap-dancing and refusal to supply an answer.

Prove me wrong.
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Oh honey, no. I don't owe you my time.

lol no, blog posts arguing the philosophical validity of colour perception are not facts. They're no different from flat earth-ers and so on. Following your rationale nothing is real because the entire universe is subjective based on perception. ie. If you didn't see the tree fall in the forest, did it really fall or even exist? lol. Yes, and yes. Math is an arbitrary human invention too. However, using the context of how humans interpret existence, yes, facts exist independent of our perception or understanding of them.

There's entire fields of science and engineering dedicated to how the human eye processes light information in the brain and the screen you're reading this on was engineered using that scientific understanding. It's not a lucky miraculous accident it worked. lol

If you choose to treat your opinions as facts, you're free to do so. You do you boo. Nothing is stopping you, but don't be surprised when people around you find your own credibility lacking.

And you're still here angry and trying to fight with me because a stranger on the internet decided they don't want to support a product that doesn't meet their needs. You really need to take a step back.

I suggest clicking that ignore feature.
    • Like x 3
  17. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Where?
  18. Raptim Well-Known Player

I agree with artifacts giving us options and i appreciate the work. I completely disagree on why players don't play newer powers. 1. Enemy's hitting through water's shields is a common mechanic now and its on the weak side for damage. 2 I see alot of people play atomic, but its almost always tank, the dps side is lacking imo. I hear more groans about another artifacts almost as much as when I tell people "daybreak isn't gonna make a new power". I'm not one to point fingers at where the money vacuum is but.....
    • Like x 5
  19. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I'm a bit late to this thread (just seen it on FB).. but..

I've long been an advocate for Lantern Healer on these forums.. and I think this ^ is true. There is no lie or deception in it.

I'm 90% on board with what Mepps said.. the other 10% is Vets.. Vets leave (I'm currently on a break myself since iirc April) and don't come back unless there is a new power.. well this is my experience on the EU server.. the US might be different.

Q: Do I think despite the challenges presented DInk are still responsible for new powers?

A: yes. But it needs to be time-framed correctly..

As I said before on these forums.. 3 powers once every 3 years from each role and content branch, covers all bases. But if not 3 years.. 4? 5? IMHO.. it's a little like your GF telling you 'we're never going to have a baby together because I'm never going to sleep with you again' and then expecting yous to stay a couple.. I think that was what Apollonia was trying to sum up.. implied expectation.

I mean I might not want a baby right now.. but I don't want to be told it could never happen. I don't want a placebo effect either, as that would be unfair to do that to someone in a relationship.. planning future together spending money and resources for it to be fake..

I, like the many Vets before me, don't see a reason to return.. I have leveled every powerset*, poured an obscene amount of money into the game.. and all my friends have still left the game*.

-------------
    *some more than once but not to endgame.. iirc 170+ from fresh off the harvestership.
    *on a side note.. my house is filling up with guitars since I left hmm..
    *All but 1 friend.. although he plays with his own friends. 1 friend remains out of 40?80? Vets.. flip I have trained 20 to 40 players to be officers/league staff. They no longer play.
    • Like x 1
  20. EvilDeeds Active Player

Where are you guys even getting that players don't want new powers, we been asking for years just to be ignored, how many threads have been made just to be brushed off, honesty wish WB or DC will buy this game so it can a proper company that's isn't money hungry, so it can get new powers, graphic overhaul, new personalty's, updated animations, and body types.
    • Like x 7