Test Discussion Solar Amplifier Bug

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You're using it wrong if you're getting interrupted that much
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Then why give Solar Amplifier aoe properties.... and your comment makes me realize since Frost Breath can be both single and aoe, it won't be getting any artifacts since this has turned into a huge issue.
    • Like x 2
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

Simply restore it to what it was envisioned and designed to play like then.

I’ll give you the real, this isn’t so much about another playstyle option. players will use whatever 6 moves are the strongest and whatever 3 artifacts are the strongest for there respective powerset and never switch up Until some new stronger artifact is released.

Solar amp on live right now bread and butter comes from elite content. It slaps adds without splitting damage it slaps the boss in single target which makes elite somewhat easier when it comes to clearing content especially if your powerset already blows in damage. Is it a complete game changer or breaks the game? No. Is it more helpful than it should be? Sure. And that to me is just holding solar amp as a crutch. You shouldn’t even have to rely on solar amp to do good damage not for aoe and not for single target, you should be able to use your powersets own powers and shine without it if you want.

If players really cared about playstyle they wouldn’t be begging to keep non split damage on artifact that’s purpose is to be great on single target and minimal help for aoe. What we should be begging for is more options within powersets that are struggling and need an upgrade in better damage abilities
    • Like x 3
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Heck. Even in Elites, the extra non split damage isnt needed. For every sweaty player on my friends list that uses heat vision and solar at 200, I have almost twice as many other friends, who are more casual player, with full elite, that either don't run solar at all, or are only running with Solar at only 140/160 without the bug. A lot of them don't even have any artifacts at 200. Full groups finishing elites in efficient times without the use of a maxed out bugged artifact.

There are bigger, and better, hills to die on in this game than this one. And im one of those sweatys that run three level 200 arts, including solar lol
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So what your saying is exactly what some of us have been attempting to convey in some capacity. You just said basically that its not OP, its not required, its not even one of the best options so why again does it need nerf’d???
    Nerf’d especially considering that DBG was perfectly happy telling us it wasnt broke (silence speaks loud when it comes to this) and they were happy collecting $ from it for over a year as is.
    i get that you are attempting to try an convince ppl the nerf is no biggie an thats fine for you. Perhaps you didnt invest but others were sold a product that performed a certain way (even if there is/was better options which there are) and now they wanna cripple 1/2 of its functionality and for what? It wont make the game more balanced (its making it more imbalanced as theres less viable options) it wont make the game better (Less variety options as it will again, no longer be a viable option even tho ppl like me will use it anyway because its fun). It will certainly NOT encourage trust an confidence as it will set a precedent that even if things are working fine and balanced well they can and will be nerf’d at anytime.
    Nothing good for the game comes from this nerf.
    • Like x 2
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

While the TOS says you can change things as you want, it is not good business to do so Frequently, ie the VWD, Now Solar Amplifier, when people cried then EOG was changed but more or less the Cooldowns. I want to say that these Artifacts are not cheap by any means and should at any point fall on your customers to test. Then to only listen to a small percentage of people that come to the forums or talk to certain Devs, when there is a larger community who do not, who spent lots of time and money and especially nowadays when lots have lost their jobs or spent their Stimulus checks to level these artifacts that seem like they are changed on a whim of someone going to the devs. I personally do not have a problem with the changes, but will I freely spend money on these artifacts moving forward NO.

I feel when an artifact is leveled to 200 you should be able to feed it into another Artifact without being penalized, sure I will need the Seals and Catalyst but why am I only able to get the Full Xp on a Double nth metal that has never made any sense to me, I am not talking when an artifact is at level 100 but maxed to 200, we should be able to feed it and get the full XP, that would make it easier for people to change powers should I got from being a healer to a tank ect.

I would also like to bring your attention to this DCUO video that when the solar amplifier was introduced in the Kryptonian Time Capsule Avair says It's an Upgrade to your Iconic Heat Vision " Explodes an Adds Burning To Everyone in that Area" Starting at 19:15 minutes into the video
    • Like x 8
  7. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Do you mind expanding a little more on balance issues with other things?
    Such as?...balance issues with different powers or just artifacts or both?
    • Like x 2
  8. gemii Dedicated Player

An upgrade to your artifact doesn’t mean more damage just like “explode damaging enemies near your target” does not mean it’s not going to split damage. That’s the players assumption Which is a bold one because the description of the artifact itself never changed to add any other type of effect that would boost your damage at 200, all that was added was a empowered channel mod. The only real beef is time frame of how long it took to be worked on and looked at.

I don’t even know what power abilities have similar descriptions but doesn’t split damage.

“Damages your target and nerby enemies” For example is a damage splitter without actually putting the word split in the description.

Just like

“Dealing damage over time”
    “Damaging enemies over time”

Are all dot related descriptions

Not sure why anyone would even want to swap the artifact even with the fix it’s still one of the strongest abilities for majority of the powersets when it comes down to single target but I won’t question it I hope you all gets your money back if it’s changed
  9. AV Loyal Player

The descriptions have no relevance for damage split. No power, split or non-split, PVE or LPVE, describes its split behaviour in any way. The only things the descriptions tell us are whether a power deals damage, how many targets it can hit if it does (with non-descript plural indicating up to 8), whether or not it applies or benefits from a PI, what CC elements are associated with it, whether it counts as a pull/SC gen/finisher etc, and the cost, cooldown, and vulnerability to interrupt. DCUO has always been the type of game that leaves the actual minutia up to players and the wiki.
    • Like x 3
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

^ and in that video he states first there’s an increase in damage meaning at rank 80 there’s an increase in damage from the eye beam. Then he says there’s an explosion aoe, then he says last there’s a burning effect.

No mention of extra added damage increases % for the beam after 80, no mention of not splitting damage abilities On the targets. Just an aoe explosion For 120 and a burning effect for 160.
  11. SilkyPawz Bunny

Please read people's entire post before you quote them and respond with your own Assumptions or Interrupt something that was not said in my post at all.

I never once said I wanted my Money back

I said I don't have an issue with the changes

I did point out what the Dev even said in the video and Mepps saying it was not an AOE , when in fact the artifact was introduced to us that way, That was my point.

That said, making a single target artifact really good at multi target damage still isn't going to be the way we want to go.

My issue is the business practice of changing Artifacts on a whim and put it on customers , I know DBG is in the business of making Money but it's not good business, and it's not the first time and by the looks of it not the last and what will be next?

Thank you for Supporting the Game! Good Day;)
    • Like x 3
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

When you play with the moves it’s pretty much right in your face the power is splitting the damage. just like it’s pretty clear when you hit multiple targets with a single target Move that it’s only hitting one target out of the bunch.

Chain gun and ices supercharge generator move impala ice (I can’t recall the name of it) are the only moves I know of that does not split like it’s suppose too. I’m sure there’s more but those are the ones I’m aware of.
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

I read it and I wasn’t saying you specifically that’s why I said “anyone” just reading through some posts in the thread. Your (not you) but your pretty much shooting yourself in the foot if your thinking about replacing it if your playing with power sets that need it.

And I don’t really get what your saying with the video thing. It’s an upgrade to the iconic heat vision and At 9:15 the devs literally just reads what abilities you get at each rank. Is there something else I’m missing here or that your trying to point out?

The time frame of just now getting to artifact when it’s been out for quite some time is bad then again i don’t know what other things they were doing. I don’t agree players upgrading a buggy artifact to 200 is all on the devs though they didn’t make you upgrade It and they didn’t tell you it’s intended. some players upgraded this intentionally to play with a bug. It is what it is

Venom wrist / blatant supercharge changes is more rant worthy because they were blatant nerfs towards what you paid for. While This is a late bug fix
  14. AV Loyal Player

I may be misinterpreting this but I get the impression you may believe that an attack not splitting is a bug in and of itself, which it isn't. There's no "supposed to" split any which way, just some split rules are more common than others. Non-split is a different split rule that exists in both PVE and LPVE. Note that Chain Gun does follow the most common "splits after 2" behaviour, it just gets a lot of bonus damage with PI active while still splitting (but it also doesn't hit as hard as other channels without the PI).

Impaling Ice, Arc Lightning, Tesla Ball, Amplified Heat Vision, and The Strategist Card are the current non-split PVE mechanics (if I missed any someone please let me know) and non-split attacks in LPVE are a dime a dozen, with most characters having at least one non-split, some having entirely non-split, and only a few not having any non-splits. Non-split is just a different kind of attack with a different kind of behaviour and application. Of the PVE-specific non-splits, The Strategist Card is the only one that has zero drawbacks or liabilities associated with it and the only one that's not balanced around the non-split concept of doing above average damage to more targets and below average damage to fewer targets in AoE situations with their AoE components. Specifically because that non-split balance is so critical is another reason it's hard to believe Solar Amp's behaviour was ever unintended, as it follows the non-split AoE balance logic to a tee in that a non-split 10k hit + a few ticks of DoT at the end of a 2-3s channel is very poor AoE damage unless it hits a lot of targets.

At any rate, this game has a pretty robust release system with essentially everything going through an early access testing period before entering the wild. If devs wanna make ad hoc changes to things requiring this kind of player investment after that, they need to switch to the full, literal description approach like shiny mackerel did for all of the LPVE characters so that there's absolutely no question and they can't pull this "lol looks like we sold thousands of these things under false pretenses... ooops!," nonsense. If we're expected to crystal ball their intent well after the fact or feel like we need a lawyer to cut through the bs, that's not really something in which players should feel comfortable investing.... especially when this is now a clear trend.
    • Like x 2
  15. SilkyPawz Bunny

I was one of the people to Report the Bug for Solar Amplifier in June, no dev even responded and others reported it too.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  16. AV Loyal Player

Do you have links? Yours is the only one I ever saw and still the only one I can find in a search.
    • Like x 1
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

I don't have them sadly I think it was one that broke out in a fight and was locked and removed it wasn't just solely the Solar Amplifier per say, the ORB was mentioned to in that thread.
  18. gemii Dedicated Player

Not going to lie this might be you and chills department of break down depth lol I have no idea about the actual rules of it but that’s interesting something new to learn
    • Like x 1
  19. AV Loyal Player

Ah ok cool, btw sorry if that seemed abrasive of me to assume I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.
    • Like x 2
  20. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Looks like a hard NO. Update released tomorrow. Solar Artifact is nerfed. SMH...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.