Shoulders and Hands Style Tab question. (Style Dev)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Is it possible to give us the option for "left shoulder/right shoulder" as or "left hand/right hand" thier own category? There are some really cool shoulder and hand style ideas I would like to try but unfortunately certain styles take up both shoulders or hands.

If we could have the same shoulder and hands styles but choose if we want to wear it on our right, left or both I think it would be a wonderful addition to the game. Is this possible to implement?
    • Like x 7
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Great idea, not sure they'd have the tech ability.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I wonder if it's the limitations of thier engine?
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It's not necessarily a tech issue. I have a feeling that this would require redoing all shoulder and hand styles (possibly including hand blasters, brawling, and martial arts). Both shoulders/hands currently exist in a single file (really 6 for the different body types). So they'd have to duplicate every file, then cut one shoulder/hand out of each copy. They may also then need to fix something in character animation so that both the left and right items move with your character and remain attached properly.

That being said, this is an interesting idea.
    • Like x 2
  5. Megzilla Developer

It is a cool idea, but not worth the enormous amount of effort to redo all of our shoulders/gloves entries. Instead of 6/12 versions of shoulders/gloves, we would now have 18/36 (left, right, both), for every gearset. A lot of bloat. I don't think our system is set up to be very elegant where we can just have 1 version, and tell it to hide parts of the mesh on command like that.

I don't know how much extra coding it'd take; something I can ask about, if there is a better solution than what I'm thinking.
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I hope you all can find a solution. The fun of this feature would have me customizing for hours, fingers crossed!
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Can we have more asymmetrical styles in the upcoming episodes?
    • Like x 1