"Buff" wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fwames, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Fwames Well-Known Player

With all the recent nerfs and cry for more nerfs, I think we should change the set tone for a bit. So....

What are the weapons combos, abilities, and artifacts you think should be buffed prior to the next episode release?

You can go as detailed as you like as to the why and how it should be buffed....well..in a justifiable context of course!

Just remember to be nice and maybe santa's gonna give it to ya!
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

there's nothing i can think of at the moment.
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'd like to see some of the deemed useless artifacts changed so they're useful. That's about all I can think of currently other then allowing us end gamers to get source coins from everything we run(4 for a old raid, 2 for old alert, and 1 for old solo/duo)
    • Like x 1
  4. Berza Committed Player

I would like that Electric gets a 5000 healing Supercharge.
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

not exactly a buff. but it would definitely be a big improvement to electric if Invigorate was changed into a 5000 supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd like to see all the longer Weapon Mastery combos doing more damage, similar to what a Celestial user can do in a similar amount of time and with a similar amount of button presses. And hopefully a similar amount of opportunity for skillful clipping.

Powers which drop items from the ceiling need to be retooled. Meteor, Light Weight, Ice Boulder, haven't been working in certain settings for a long time, and likely need a slight damage buff (2-3%) as well.

Projectiles either need yet another damage increase, or need to be made more reliable, one of the two. Especially with regard to Supercharge powers.

Many Supercharges should have their damage buffed to be more in-line with Neo-Venom boost.
  7. L T Devoted Player

Several weapons underperform. Dual Pistols in particular. I get that we don't want Full Auto to be anyone's go-to move, but DP has some really neat moves and, sadly, they don't do very much damage. Two handed now that doomspin was overnerfed and clipping was removed from its second-best move has become more or less worthless. Staff has been an underperformer since the last weapons pass. Rifle absolutely shines against Zeus in the current raid as well as against a few bosses in SM, but other than that it's in a pretty sad state.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd like to see stealth getting buffed to a point that it instantly disconnects all group members when used instead of slowly making the game lag with each use and forcing everyone to relog because their frames drop to 5/sec.
    • Like x 3
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

Weapons need a RE-balance that leans in favor of buffing some weapons

Sorcery healing could use a buff

Supercharge ( balance) should happen

Ice dps could use a buff

Electrics supercharge generator could have better range
    • Like x 1
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have a leaguemate who seems to think that me being “on the forums” means that I’m in some kind of perpetual small, exclusive round-table discussion with all the devs and that they listen to and consider everything I say. And damn near every day, he tells me “tell all them dev buddies of yours to fix fire maaaayyyyyneee”

So uhhh...fix fire I guess? Lol
    • Like x 2
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Movement powers. When the game first came out they could compete with any power. I could go into a bat cave raid and do as much damage as anyone else running nothing but speedster or flight powers. I dont think this would be the case in FGSE today.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Acrobat and flight movement powers brought into line with super speed for range of options/damage potential.

A number of the iconic powers are totally useless. The ability exists, make them viable to use for something at least. Examples batarang multishot, joker box, gag glove.

Sorcery DPS and healing.

Electricity healing needs a decent supercharge that doesn’t cost 10000.
    • Like x 2
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorcery prec is pretty good and might is pretty good too but only when paired with the source shard artifact. Without source shard its bad for single target and ranged AoE.

Sorcery healing is ok but the Watcher and Guardian need a rework for sure (just ike fury got one).

Electricity is by far the most op healing power out there atm. This power doesnt need anything to make it even stronger.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Make more Affinity C and D mod bonuses. My suggestions:

C - Increase the amount of Nth Metal you receive while doing relevancy related content.

D - If <insert Artifact name here> is maxed at Level 200 it does <insert role specific act here>

Examples:

Transformation Card - Reduce total damage and healing done by 14% instead of 15%.
    Strategy Card - Ability to activate Tactical Advance is increased by 10%.
  15. Fwames Well-Known Player

Have nature's swarm (pet) have an interaction to poisoned enemies. Just like Gadgets' suppressor turret, swarm should have a % chance of interacting with the poisoned enemy.

It could hit the poisoned target with an increased damage
    Or
    It could hit the poisoned target and have it's poison refreshed and spread.

The % chance could be as low or lower than the suppressor's special attacks, whatever balances it out as a temporary pet. With that said, it should not be ridiculously overpowered that it becomes ubiquitous to any loadout but rather to give nature players options for more varied playstyle (pre or post nerf I feel people are still gonna insist on the EoG spam).
  16. Siramez Well-Known Player

- Fix all Ice bugs, buff the damage, decrease cooldowns, give better supercharges
    - Give mental better supercharges and reduce power cost (one rotation takes your power bar away fast)
    - Buff sorcery dps abilities (still low tier compared to other powers) and better supercharges
    - Buff atomic dps abilities, better supercharges and reduce power cost (one rotation takes your power bar away fast)
    thats all i want tbh
  17. L T Devoted Player

I know of no ice bugs... other than that the supercharge is supposted to give a 60% damage buff and in my testing it appears to give a 55% buff. Disregarding Ice Elemental, Ice has very strong supercharges.
    I believe Mental Supercharges were balanced around Mental always getting a bonus out of Invisibility, and now they're broken. Mental abilities also should both take advantage of a PI and inflice one-- just like Gadgets.
    Sorcery already got a round of buffs that seemed really good but didn't leave Sorcery in a really great place. I'd suggest that Soul Well should get buffed in some way.. and then maybe when all the spoercharges are looked at Sorcery will be good again.
    Atomic has a whole bunch of broken abilities. It's in need of-- reallt-- a lot of buffs. In the meanwhile, if you can clip combos well you can do sort of ok with Atomic.
  18. Siramez Well-Known Player

Ice has few bugs such as:
    - Avalanche is missing PI interaction, so it is doing same damage all the time as more worst than the arctic gust (yes it still can be used for ranged).
    - Snow devil if i recall, does not get benefit from the PI interaction so it does the same damage as it is doing without the PI applied.
    - Frost blast still has a bug when you can cancel it if using other power too early (i know it got fixed and its a bit rare to make it happen).
    - As you mentioned, ice elemental having 55% damage buff but not 60%.
    - Freeze ray supercharge can actually do no damage if you try to hit a enemy, it happened to me when i was trying to test it in the raid. (i did hit the enemy with other abilities but not freeze ray).

- Mass hysteria is so bad because the pets does little to no damage and you get like less critical damage buff, no wonder i use neo venom boost in my mental loadouts to get the most damage out of it. It used to be really strong before stats revamp, now its almost useless.
    - Bolt barrage is the only good supercharge for mental but its 10k cost... and its mostly good on adds clearing, but adds die quickly before you even get to use it and for bosses it can be difficult to hit, thats why its better to use neo venom boost.
    - Convalesce is a joke, a healing supercharge ability, what? you have healers healing you, so its a waste of slot.
    - Mental does have good abillities but the power cost is too high for you to keep up with the rotation. a casual player wouldn't be able to finish 1 rotation. a more experienced player will be fine, but in general it needs a power cost reduction. (omegahedron is not even used commonly.)

- The reason why sorcery is in the low tier place for all powers is because of the projectiles. they are literally so annoying since they can easily be missed, and/or tanks can be pulling them away from you. if you want to get the most dps out of the projectiles, you would be in the melee dps, and not everyone likes doing melee dps.
    - Soul well damage for DPS role should be increased tbh.
    - Supercharges are kinda meh, grand summoning for 10k sc cost and its not even that great, unless you're using source shard (you would be missing dmg from the trans strat grim/solar meta).
    - Polymorph and Baleful transmogrification sounds good on paper but does little damage in gameplay, either buff the damage or give new supercharges. Neo venom boost is still used for sorcery.

- Atomic actually does have good abilities but the power cost kills atomic gameplay so what i would suggest is to reduce power cost, same as mental, so atomic can actually do full rotations in the content.
    - Atomic DPS supercharges are kinda meh, again, neo venom boost still used for atomic. they should buff the supercharges damage and also make radiation burn 5k cost instead of 10k, its a very strong sc but again 10k is very long to build up (unless you have a gemini spam heal/tank, RIP nature spam) if they did make radiation burn 5k, they could make energize 10k because barely any atomic players uses it.