Raid que times

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Wow I took the better off of July and August and came back to DCUO this week. I went to PUG into Wonderverse raid (normal) today and it took maybe a half hour to get in not bad. Then my League wanted to do BoP raids like Clocktower perhaps Elite if possible. We got around five or six from our League and tried to LFG a tank but couldn't get any takers. After various League members came and went the five of us left over decided to just PUG into the BoP raids just regular. And after waiting like 45 minutes we pretty much called it over. I suppose we could've LFGed for Clocktower and maybe Brimstone regular for anyone else regardless of being a tank or what not but cmon that's pretty sad? I just logged out not sure if maybe I want to take another month off now too?
    • Like x 1
  2. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Many will tell you that this isn’t the case. That they have no issue! That they constantly see people asking in LFG for groups all the time. So do i! Repeatedly, and repeatedly and repeatedly asking. Then it stops!

I seen a guy in LFG earlier shout for a farming group for starro. Must’ve went on for nearly 2 hours (really wanted that 50) then he simply wrote. **** this game!

There is an unquestionable need for teleporters or some kind of system, that allows fewer people into content than required. They also definitely need to allow higher Cr players to burn through content again. So what if it causes a few issues! It’s causing more issues not being able to run things due to mechanics that aren’t being met with pug groups, language barriers etc.

But this isn’t - not will it be on the schedule until it stops being a request. And starts becoming a demand. People really have forgotten - that they control the purse strings. Demand=supply in this case.

Certainly people will disagree. (I’ve no idea why?!) but they will anyway.

P.s. 45 mins pugging a raid is nothing now. Most my content that we pay a sub for. I rarely get done in the week. I’d say 40% of my raids are left undone due to not being able to get in. That’s p/w EVERY week. And I only rejoined this game 7 weeks ago (and skipped a week) and i mean rejoined from scratch.
    • Like x 5
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

what server you on? because I'm on the EUPS, & all the raids for Wonderverse, & BOP have been regularly popping for ages. yeah, BOP slowed down a bit because of the open world Them bounties, but that's to be expected. my own experience is that I've not had any issues getting into any of the Wonderverse or BOP raids & alerts.

that said, the further back you go with content, the harder it is to get in to, that absolutely is a fact. we need to be able to enter stuff that's out of our relevancy with whatever size group we want, or even solo.
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Clamping and a random queue for "high priority" content.But people dont want their damage nerfed so this problem will continue to be a problem until players compromise
  5. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

I’m on EUPS too. And yes! Absolutely the latest, or just below content will definitely have a better chance of getting into. But even yesterday. Reset! I shouted for so long for help with CALC & META. I literally gave up and just waited until people turned up. Took over an hour (whilst still asking periodically in shout) that’s just the DLC past. And it’s dead! You should go into the DLC’s further down. I done it twice recording. I seen two people in all the DLC’s.

Is actually love to see the live numbers on both servers shown daily. Or somewhere to look at them live. Not how many toons there are. But currently playing live.
    • Like x 1
  6. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

People have their damage nerffed every few months. And change their powers and arts accordingly! This isn’t because something is op, or a loadout mixed with x kind of arts etc is too op. It’s simply so people will change (and it’s been done for years and years)

Burning through lower content shouldn’t have any effect on the latest content. If it does - fix it! Fix the powers once and for all.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its not the power its the content distribution with players of all tiers outside the end are spread mighty thin
    (It needs a bracket and a unsynced version with the bracketed players receiving source marks as a reward for running the content synced if they are outside the relevancy window)
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

We still have a fairly new Episode out, and after just finishing grinding BOP, I think it would be reasonable that not many would still be in there. But that's just my thoughts.
    • Like x 1
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

oh, yeah, I know, I was talking specifically about the queue-in stuff. the bounties are dead as a post from BOP down. I got Calc & Meta done on me main, but it was a total off-chance. there just happened to be a group tackling them when I got there. otherwise, yeah, you can pretty much forget it. the two in Thanagar I only got done because of the double marks. if it wasn't for the double marks, it'd be just as much of a pain as BOP. &, yeah, it gets worse the further back you go.

as far as raids / alerts / duos, I've long championed the idea of a Forced Queue system for all content that is outside of your relevancy. I don't care about new rewards or making it more relevant. they don't need to gussy it up for me. just let me in. as far as I'm concerned, the fact that there's a ton of feats, styles, collections, briefings, & investigations in that stuff that I don't have means it's still relevant to me.
    • Like x 1
  10. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

It’s not that they’re spread thin. It’s that they’re mostly alts. Ppl just buy the sp now, or use them to run x2, x3 week/ends etc. They really should publish live population numbers.

And they have nerffed and buffed powers, or a specific iconic since I joined - many years ago.

Glitches aren’t fixed for years. The boo glitch was only fixed last year after years of use. Queuing times, access to content isn’t even close to being a priority. Because when people are told no. They just sit back and take it. Instead of showing their displeasure with their wallets. Until this happens - this game will continue in the exact same fashion it has for the past 5+ years.

Take and take. Nerf and buff, use reskinned areas for “new” content. Everyone needs to demand change! (You all know how to do that) Not ask for it in a wish list.
    • Like x 1
  11. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

And I understand! But this is the point. As soon as a dlc is burned through - those coming up behind are left holding their ****s trying to get its contents ran. Even with leagues.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

What is forced queue?
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

where you queue & enter into content regardless of group size. as opposed to walk-ins.
  14. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

I’ve had several threads up wanting the exact same thing. Completely and 100% with you on this!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm on USPS/PC which I'm sure is the most active on DCUO. I dunno maybe it's just that players are burnt out on BoP so there isn't many takers on PUG and LFG? I was only helping my League anyways I really wasn't keen on grinding BoP again. No clue how slow Metal is but I guess with the bonus week it might be slightly better. I just wish there'd be someway of keeping content popping if we have to do stats clamping or whatever. It doesn't look good from a console side of things when an MMO feels like a ghost town you're not able to play forty percent of.
    • Like x 1
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

totally completely & utterly opposed to stat-clamping, as a rule. if they add an option to the queue for going in clamped if that's what you choose, cool, but absolutely not as default.
    • Like x 2
  17. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

That’s why walk-in teleporters are a must.
    • Like x 1
  18. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

No! (And obviously this doesn’t apply to all) but it’s definitely doesn’t look good. But I think from an EU side in general. Ps had its merge with pc. But Xbox and switch. Switch especially apparently isn’t just dead! But literally not playable. As in like one league doing things.

And maybe people are burnt on BoP etc. But this is the point really. Fewer players play. That’s a fact! Fewer players playing, means fewer people queuing. Fewer queuing= fewer raids ran. When you do get into something! Most of the time there’s a language barrier, or plain old lack of common sense. Or just the pew pew’s who wanna too even the lowest board. You’ve no time to even suggest feats and it’s over.

Like the OP said... there are MANY feats locked away in content that’s basically no longer accessible. I dong wanna burn through stuff so I can feel like I’m op af. I wanna do it so I can get feats. I should be able to stand ALL day and have talia al’ghul pound me in BSP. And not have her take an ounce of health if I’m in at 300+Cr. I should be hitting her 2-3 shots and dead.

I dong wanna burn through metal 1-2 etc. But the lower stuff - absolutely! But... you have to actually get in first. This is the main issue! And it’s been a main issue for a very long time now. The lower content t is now completely devoid of life. And I honestly don’t think they have the slightest interest in fixing it. And in the end - ppl only will take so much (no-matter how much they’ve spent on their toon(s) people will say enough is enough. They’ll happily take. But aren’t giving back in return.
    • Like x 3
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

thats going to exacerbate the issue of queue times for anything under current content, some players will be happy but anyone who cannot solo is going to notice their queue time go WAY up
    • Like x 2
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

apparently, this game has a problem with walk-in teleporters. they cause crashes. which is why I suggested a forced queue.
    • Like x 1