Witching Hour 2020 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DarkAvenger, Sep 8, 2020.

1. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Requested styles I want for Halloween this year.
    Multiple alien heads, from the Iconic grey aliens folklore to dc lanterns
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Some hockey mask would be cool to.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Probably a bit late in the year to ask for those for this year's Halloween celebration. Better bet would be to log those as ideas for next year, maybe in the "what styles do you want to see" thread elsewhere in the forums.
    • Like x 4
  3. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Can’t hurt to ask, we got a mouth in a half to go, they could squeeze some things in if we lucky.
  4. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Probably not seems like they've already decided judging by assests in the files.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

sadly even you did request it early, they would ignore it. I tried a few times with winter and we end up with more ice spikes. Blah. Not sure how any of my characters could use them, pretty useless to me.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Under ideal circumstances, maybe. But things aren't exactly ideal right now. LOL

You'd have to go through the whole design/creation process along with internal and external (DC) approval processes all within the span of a month (the event usually starts at the beginning of October). That's a pretty tight window, especially when they're probably working on other stuff right now (new episodes, new stuff for BBs or TCs, new items for the holiday seasonal and anniversary event).

And as far as I know of they're still working remotely (haven't seen any indications that they've returned to the offices yet) so that's probably going to factor in somehow.

It never hurts to be optimistic, but when you step back the outlook isn't all that good.
    • Like x 2
  7. EvilDeeds Active Player

I would take any non human styles, but looks like we will getting some more batman stuff, like we haven't gotten his styles a 100 times already.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The upcoming Halloween styles have already been leaked. No aliens.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Yeah just found that out the hard way.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Maybe for Christmas.
  11. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, which I find wrong. I really hope it won't happen again.

At least some of the rewards seems okay. Good thing base items weren't leaked. I want to find out by going on test (Officially released).
  12. Megzilla Developer

I've seen the alien head requested several times on the style thread over in dev discussions. It is written on the list of styles. This request has been documented.

Also, seasonals are brainstormed several months in advance.
    • Like x 9
  13. Eve YouTuber

You guys ever thought of adding new missions so we can earn more currency? Just a thought. You did it with Valentines Day (Mera) & Halloween Event (Batwoman feat). So it would be really cool to have another side mission for Christmas for example. Because we run the same thing over and over again and It's getting dull. :)
    • Like x 4
  14. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Sorry about that I seen on it on the list I was just to excited and wanted it badly sorry again
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is a little unfair. Megzilla has been spearheading and ontop of community style requests for a while now. I think, a year or 2? Her master list is exhaustive. She's also been recently updating it to reflect progress on it. Previously stuff would quietly be released and it wasn't clear what's been delivered on, but she's updating that info now too so that players can see what's out there now.

Seasonals have always been hit and miss in terms of what they come up with, but requests for them should be done at least 3 months in advance (probably way further out) and they should probably be done directly to Meg's style requests thread instead for greater visibility.
    • Like x 4
  16. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

It would be cool if they had a seasonal themed bounty. I'm sure that it would be a pain to have a secondary currency like aether, which would allow us to spam without replays, but either way, a seasonal bounty would be a really cool and fun way to get some bonus currency.
    • Like x 2
  17. Eve YouTuber

Didn't think of it. That would be awesome! Maybe heroes fight Sinestro and Villains fight Hal Jordan because both sides wants the presents from Larfleeze?
  18. generalzod Committed Player

can we get the patron plumage for everyone that didn't get it? @megzilla
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Are you the dev to direct this thread to?

Tunic of greed
  20. Megzilla Developer

Keep an eye out for Extra Life announcements as we get closer to the event!
    I don't think we will go back and revisit this style, but I see what you are talking about and understand your frustration. We will continue to keep an eye on emblem placements as we go forward.
    • Like x 2