New Hairstyle question. (Dev in charge of styles.)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Will we ever receive a hairstyle that defies gravity and has physics to look like it's blowing in the wind?
    • Like x 5
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I cant wait just to have those mechanics in the game for styles and environments tbh.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Those petals would be a awesome accessory once this idea is implemented lol
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's leaves tho.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont think they ever will to be honest, itll just make other aspects of the character seem more out of place. IE, my character hair moves in the wind, but doesnt blink, with its low resolution eyes and unmoving facial expression

IF they do, theirs a laundry list of character chances id like to see along with that
    • Like x 1
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I'm only asking because I know the new consoles will be coming out in a few months. It could be an engine issue if they can't implement this into the game more so than a hardware one.

I would hope that it won't be a problem.
    • Like x 1
  8. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

As long as we don't get a "limitations" explanation again, I don't see why not?
    • Like x 1
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is highly unlikely. Animating hair like that requires special model rigging and animating like how capes are animated pieces from a body/costume. We don't even have hair blowing in the wind while flying etc, so...

It's do-able but I can't see the Devs putting so much resources into something like that when they're just starting to consider player requests like hair options seriously. Remember we waited actual years just to get 4 new hairstyles a few years ago. They're still not pumping them out or anything all this time later though. I doubt everyone would suddenly use this hairstyle all at the same time, but I'm pretty sure adding animation bones/rigging to hair in general going forward is also some extra processor load / resources so it's something they might also be cautious about for that reason too.
  10. Megzilla Developer

No plans to explore dynamic hair right now. It would definitely be nice to have though.
    • Like x 7
  11. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

"Not right now" because of current console hardware or "not right now" because it's fairly difficult to implement into this game engine?

I'm just curious since the Tattered Cloak of Corruption is on the right path with it's rigging. Could the same not be done to hair?
    • Like x 1
  12. Megzilla Developer

I would imagine it taking quite a bit of R&D to implement sim on a different style group. I think it is more on our engine/tech/tools end moreso than the console hardware.

Hair physics is on our "nice to have" list; I do not know enough about our sim tech to guess what it would take. Sorry, I wish I had better answers for you.
    • Like x 5
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It's not a hard no! :D
    Wish this also means Artemis might have her comic-accurate Heavenly Sword-esque ponytail sometime in the future :p
    [IMG]
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Petals leaves whatever lol you got the point, it would make a cool accessory nonetheless. Especially for nature characters.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Is fire hair still out of the question? It would be fitting for Christmas for a heat miser character
  16. Megzilla Developer

Like the Firestorm enhanced headpiece?
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You can get something along those lines with certain hairstyle/Material combinations. This is what I use on a couple of my Atomic character's looks.

[IMG]

[IMG]

That's with using the Phoenix material, I haven't tried any others because I like the Phoenix material look so much. LOL
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Yes exactly like that, just without the mask, so itd be floating fire on your head n your character would be bald, like hades in the disney Hercules movie
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

If they make it like that and animated...omg I'm making a female Hades for sure! ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Megzilla Developer

Maybe with FX. I'll see what I can find out.
    • Like x 3