Plz give ur opinion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

As a returning player from years removed i am NOT familiar with the various events like when we got dbl nth drops for a week or double nth xp for a week (wish they had the order reversed on that lol)

So i have been saving now that i know it happens, my question is, when will the next one be (as title suggests im wanting to hear opinion, i know no one knows for fact)
    My trigger finger is getting itchy and im running out of detectors which means my “cache flow” will run out soon and i need to either bite the bullet and rank of some arts or hold out longer an “cache in” when next dbl xp event is here.

So when will next one be?
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We usually (but not always) get a double XP fortification weekend a couple of weeks before the release of new artifacts, so that's the safest estimation we can give. I don't know if there will be new artifacts with the next episode, but if there are then we'll probably get a double XP weekend (or week) 2-3 weeks before the episode launches.

That being said, with the recent double XP drop week that we got, it's possible that the double XP fortifications may be a thing of the past. This was the first time we ever got a double XP drop event, and it's possible that that may be replacing the double XP fortification weekends/weeks. This is only my own speculation though so take that with a grain of salt.
    • Like x 1
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Theres no real reason to hold onto XP as you get a ton weekly that leveling a artifact up is easy. The issue I find is getting the catalyst quick enough especially if I fail a break through on say rank 80 or 100.
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There is 1 every 2 to 4 months, I don't think there is a set date, but probably the next one will come with a new artifact launch (in 2-3 months prob). Since we had double nth metal drops it'll probably take a while
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I doubt it, they probably did this double drop just to try out new things, since they have done pretty much every bonus week possible since the lockdowns started.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm definitely inclined to agree with you, just putting it out there as a possibility.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

my opinion is the double xp week should come out the same week we get new artifacts.
  8. Kluwn New Player

They should get ambitious and give us a Triple, no, QUADRUPLE artifact xp week. In all seriousness, i feel like we have like at least a 2 months wait until we get another.
  9. inferno Loyal Player

We get one just before new artifacts are brought Live. Just so Players will spend their stored nth metal or catalysts on older artifacts before the new ones arrive.
    As for time estimates, the only one I can fairly say is that we get 1, once a year at least.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure someone like Lorax or another who is good at back tracking through the data can give a definitive answer, but in general, they have been 4-6 months spaced out, generally before a DLC that will release a few new Artifacts. The last 2 goes were closer together (I think more like 3 months) so maybe that pattern will tighten.

Just my opinion....but maybe I'm weird....

For me, I don't put any XP in unless it's double OR if i'm within a level or 2 of a 160+ breakthrough and they drop a 'Unstable SOC'. I know people that will blow their full stores of XP when the unstable comes out, even buying some more, but to me I'd ralther let the $4.50 seal go to waste than the 10's or 100's worth of XP I'm giving away by not using 2x. It does mean you won't be able to 'keep up with the Jones's' on the newest latest and greatest Artis though...so prepare for that. In the meantime, run all the big ticket items from the last few DLCs you can either get source from, episode marks or both, especially whatever DLC (currently metal 2) is giving both but on the chopping block for the next source conversion. Go into the conversion with 999 episode marks and come out with another 999 source a few months later. You'll need all that source for Catalysts when the 2x event rolls around.

PRO TIP: Assuming you did save your XP....AND don't have the Source or seals to do any more breakthroughs... When you run out of those supplies but still have the XP to burn, pick your highest Arti you are working on and drop in enough that it will get toward the next breakthrough using smallest amounts first...dont' hit the breakthrough though, just edge up to it. Then on the last batch, the one that will hit the next breakthrough amount (assuming it's not 200), drop in your 5 biggest piles of XP. That way you get the 2x credit for the overage, you can always do the breakthrough later when you get the cats and seals.

PRO TIP 2: Building on that last point, if you do get an arti up to and ready for a breakthrough (160+ preferably), you can always sit on that one a bit longer and wait for that next unstable SOC so you can always take advantage of it. Again, this means you will be 'suffering' with a 159 or 179 arti vs getting it over the hump, so it's not for the weak of heart. I generally keep one toon per account at the point of a breakthrough for this reason. Not my main mind you, but a secondary level toon that won't suffer too much waiting on the breakthrough.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just playing devils advocate. So if you have a 120 arti and play enough that in 3 months you will get it to 140, but unknown to you there is a 2x weekend 3 days before that 3 month date(around the time you are at 139.3)...what does dropping in the Nth as you go from 121, 122, 123 get you other than a very few stat points and some free inventory space? It's fine for the low levels, 20, 40, 60, 80 but once you are over 100, it slows down and at 160 it crawls unless you are buying or burning through Nth Detectors (I do neither). I'd rather take the big jumps at 2x all at once vs enjoying the measly stat boost over a few months....but that's me.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The question has been answered, we get bonus xp event the week before new artifacts are released. The only exception to this was there was no event before Metal II. There were no new Artifacts released during Metal I and people had a larger stock of Nth Metal to save up.
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I've always been 1 of those 'every little bit counts' but to the point your not dumping your wallet into it to achieve it. That's why I stop at 139 on my artifacts unless friends 'gift' me PSN codes to help me along.
  14. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

...You KNOW I have to Abyss, it's our thing......Just Quantum Tunnel yourself to the next one. Heehee
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, that's what I felt it was too(didn't go back and check though...just going off memory). I think it seemed off because we had the JLD gap which was huge, then the Metal 1 - Metal 2 gap which was so short. Assuming they hit a stride of 3-4 month releases, they'd probably stick to one event prior to each DLC (assuming there are new artis).
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Good stuff, in short from what im reading it seems early enough im safe to blow some nth. I have time to save up if need be before next one as it would be a few months out still min
  17. Brit Loyal Player

In my opinion, there are two important factors to level Artifacts, dictated by events.

First, double Nth Metal XP matters, obviously, in leveling up the Artifact quicker.

Second, the Bonus Catalyst weekend matters, typically coming with the gifted Unstable Seal of Completion.

You are trying to use as much Nth Metal as possible on double weekend, so that you get more payoff.

You are also trying to make sure that you are set up ready for a higher level breakthrough (meaning you have an Artifact at the threshold, and you have enough Catalysts or MoV) by the Bonus Catalyst weekend so that you can take advantage of the Unstable Seal.

You wouldn't want to use a bunch of Nth Metal, and then have the double weekend be announced immediately afterwards.

You wouldn't want the Unstable Seal to expire because you weren't ready for a breakthrough.

You wouldn't want double XP to roll around, but all of your artifacts are stuck at breakthrough and you don't have enough Catalysts to move them forward, so you can't actually use your Nth Metal.

So basically, the balance is that you want to blitz through the lower level breaktrhoughs, so that you don't get hemmed up later by Catalysts. Once you start getting around the 140 range, you should perpetually keep one Artifact ready for breakthrough, and save your Nth Metal just for the double weekends.
  18. Eve YouTuber

From what I noticed, we usually get one a bit before a new episode has launched, so we gear up our artifacts for the new Episode.
    And I think a few weeks after, too? At least that's what I noticed with Wonderverse.
  19. Berza Committed Player

We didn't get two Double XP Events in Wonderverse. We got one right before, yes, but the second one was a Double Drop Event. This was the first one, actually, as we had never have a Double Drop Event before, so this can become the new trend.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

Ah gotcha, this is why I was confused lol
    • Like x 1