It's funny.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Aug 29, 2020.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Just play how you wanna man. The meta will always change. We'll never have true balance. I get it. But just do you. I stopped chasing metas and I complete everything in the game no problem. Ive done SMs you name it. But hey if chasing the meta is how you have fun i get it. I just know i stopped caring and i enjoy the game more.
    • Like x 3
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

According to who? Genuinely asking. Cuz I don't use any of those and I've seen people using them that don't come close to me. The people that beat me aren't using them, especially those exact 3. So like who is/ who says? I always inspect people. Especially if they're on top of me or my "usuals" because we would all happily follow suit. I've seen some use one or the other or maybe even 2 of the 3 but I've never seen someone using all 3 "beat everyone". Right now, the only consistency I see to topping charts has amulet in use
    • Like x 2
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats not 100% true. Its situational as i explained. Pure ST, lamort + finisher wins. If theres adds (as i have repeatedly said) then HV wins. Its situational. Like almost everything, theres a time to shine.

What i just cant get past is this:
    1) originally the claim was HV W/SA is OP on ST an outperforms everything
    Debunked as finishers W/ la mort do more ST damage
    2) then the Op claim onviouslly needed to count adds so u get benefit for the AOE an dots
    Debunked as its not an apples to apples comparrison now as finishers are ST where as HV is an AOE
    3) now the claim is adding a 2nd art to the mix to buff just 1 effect of one power
    must i debunk this too an point out the extreemly foawwed comparrison being made?

Not a direct response to you by the way but general info.
    HV is just one ability (1 out of 6) and SA is 1 of 3 arts that can be equipped.
    The claim its OP is just flat wrong because to use it, you must dedicate 1/3 of you art slots to 1/6 of your abilities and i must say, if you putting that much effort into just 1 thing it had better perform, and it had better perform VERY well. SA is not helping your loadout, its not helping your anything except HV and HV only. Its working as intended and it can only be EXCELLENT at what it does other wise it would not be via le in any loadout.
    My goodness, i just cant wrap my head around it......
    Trans card buffs ALL abilities by 20% crit chance an 30% crit damage (all 6 abilities!!!!!) no one says a word. HV adds an AOE effect an some small dots that dont split damage and STOP THE PRESSES.
    Do a fair comparrison, make a loadout, and run the whole loadout properly an plug in only 1 Art at a time, guaranteed it aint SA that even performs in the top 50% of available legit dps arts.
    IN a loadout Of 6 abilities heres the ones Off top of my head that will easily outperform it (ST or MT im sure)
    Lerneas, trans, strat, la mort (only on ST tho), tetrahedron

The claims of OP are not based on apples to apples comparrison. SA is niche art, just like la mort its for 1 thing and ritefully does that 1 thing really well as it should. Its not required for anything, if it is required, show me where that rule is written.
    • Like x 1
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

You haven't debunked anything. You're moving the goalpost. HV with solar is way better than Lamort card. How many bosses at end game don't spawn adds? 1? If you go in elite and someone see you using Lamort and no Solar, you might get kicked when they look at that scorecatd wondering why tge burn is butt
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

FYI, the burst at the end of HV don't split with SA at 200. Atleast learn about what your talking about. Fyi, doing 1 ARt at a time don't make sense. We have 3 slots
  6. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Your title was misleading. I did not laugh.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Swing and a miss
    • Like x 1
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I don't agree with the OPs premise. But Solar Amp isn't just for heat vision. For a long time it had the highest base might stats of all the artifacts which made it a must have regardless of loadout. I think there are a couple others that are now comparable at lvl 200 but I'm pretty sure SA is still top in regards to stats.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im pretty done saying over and over that with more than 1 target HV will win, good lord, How many time are y’all gonna keep tryin toa rgue with me when i already said, acknowledgemd, admitted, explained etc that if theres more than 1 target, HV wins.
    Maybe if i spam y’all will stop pointing it out as if im saying it wont when i have clearly said from my 1st comment that it WILL if there is more targets....
    HV wins if more than 1 target
    HV wins with more than 1 target
    HV will win with more than 1 target
    HV will be better with more than 1 target

Is that enough times? I can keep typing but feel i said it plenty......
    Now the original claim had nothing to do with multiple targets, nothing to do with other arts added to the mix.
    The claim was HV + SA is top ST an thats false. Damage logs repeatedly show that ST Goes to finisher + la mort.
    Before another illiterate person tries to quote me then argue multiple targets Hv wins.....
    YES!!!!! IT WILL, I HAVE SAID IT MORE TIMES IN THIS THREAD THAN ANYONE. Its not a valid argument to the original claim
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yes solar amp is a great art, its doing what it shouod an dont kid urself tho, the 5% might and the empowered channeling aint why pll are cryin its Op. its focus is to buff HV (just 1 power and it does that as intended). They cry OP cause they dont wanna use it or are tired of using and rather then sacrifice some damage they want the devs to adjust the game for them so they can keep queening the damage board instead if doing what they like.
    Lol its sad really.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Plz reread, i moved no goal posts. I have said more than anyone in the thread that more than 1 target HV wouod win.... how is tour argument justifying what i have said? Just wow an moving the goalpost? Im the one being consistent. The claim was ST and NOT multiple targets. Finisher wins ST.
    You or whiever moved the goalpost when the claims about muti targets started (which were aster i already explained muti targets Hv wins). Then you or whoever moved the goalpost again by now adding a 2nd art (strat card). So now the post was moved so far the it was HV + SA and strat card and multiple targets VS just finisher and la mort lmfao
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

You can't get out of your own way. You keep saying "1 target" and trying to compare HV/SA with finisher/lamort 1 on 1 like we don't have 3 artifact slots total.
    1. How many bosses have adds and compared to bosses that have none?
    2. What player is only going to use 1 artifact slot?
    Most players not using Lamort, because it will be a lost in damage and its situational. HV/SA never has to be taken out of rotation.

If you read the very 1st post, I also mention AOE. You lost, stop trying to get a participation award
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Because THAT was what i was asked!!!!
    I directly
    Answered the question asked FFS can you read?
    The claim was “HV + SA does the most ST damage of anything in the game” and the question asked was name
    Me something that does more ST damage
    (Perhaps u dont know but ST means SINGLE TARGET) it does not mean w/a strat card added, it does not mean if adds are present. I said rite out if the game that la mort + Finisher wins in ST damage out AND said CLEARLY if u want to change the criteria an count AOE and DoT damage on multipel targets HV wins but thats NOT what was asked.
    La mort got compared because THAT is what was asked.

My lord i feel dumber for having to continue to explain this, why is it so hard to grasp? A sinple question was asked an answered nothing more.
    If u wanna move the goal post an compare somethin else lets do this thing.
    The claim was false an thus the goal post moved.
    Best part is, most all of the recent ST (remember that means Single target, my fear is it will again elude u is all) that what is claimed as the top ST damage in the game is super speed + dervish. Its recommended across the board from what i have watched and i Didnt make that comparrison because la mort an finisher was an art/power combo for ST and dervish + SS is a movement an power combo an it didnt seem quite as far of a comparrison.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

And if you rea dmy 1st post i agreed with you on the AOE.....
    I disagreed that HV + SA is a “must have”. Theres loads of valid options. No One is forcing you.

This all spiraled when the claim was simply made that its the best ST damage in game an thats blatantly false. I have lost nothing. What is it u think i lost an what is it we could have won? Was this a raffle?
    Its not my fault someone made a false claim, its not my fault the criteria kept changing to attempt to justify said claim. All i do is respond to what im given.
    An besides, your original post is a false dichotomy. A broken weapon is apples an oranges to a art + power (i suspect thats why someone asked for an example of a better ST combo so i gave one).
    Unsure what tour issue is, just because you or whomever want to change the criteria till it fits your narrative doesnt mean i have lost anything lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Wish ppl would get into support roles, and stop with all the nerf this nerf that nonsense that's been happening over the past 3 weeks. Play how you want or go find a new game geez. Its obvious some yall arent happy how things are going so take a break from the game come back in 6 months to a year. Go enjoy some single player games where the only person you are competing with is yourself.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

A fix isn't a nerf. At 200, the burst in HV doesn't burst.
    As far as your other points, who complained about the game? You made up an argument and argued against yourself. It's hilarious
  18. Siramez Well-Known Player

hard light.
    • Like x 2
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Since WV dropped all you have done is whined about x is stronger than Y. Stop trying to get something nerfed because you arent up to other ppls level of DPS.
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

1. You talking about another person's dps is hilarious.
    2. Do you need someone to call the police on that person who has a gun to your head making you read my posts?
    • Like x 1