So for our next bonus week, could we please have...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magg Redd, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

....Bonus Splintered Coins?

Please & Thank you!

I love the bonus Aether week, I even love the fact that they are even doubling the extra aether that we get for having the augments over Lvl 3, now the problem is I am loaded on Aether and don't have many coins. LOL

I GUESS I COULD use some replay badges to replay other stuff, but...
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

Probably it's planned for next week, it will be 1 month since the DLC got released.
    • Like x 2
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Loving this aether week it's going to get me my rank 23 catalyst for both augs
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Next weekend is also the launch of SquareEnix's Avengers game.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got Triple Marks to combat that...
    • Like x 1
  5. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I am not going to lie, Avengers looks good, and I may pick it up to play around with, but from people I have talked to who have played Beta, its good, but it is also a different beast from DCUO. From my understanding from what they told me is that here we have more options to customize and fit our characters to our own play style, not to mention they here they are OUR characters, we created them, named them, designed their look...GAVE THEM LIIIFE MWAHAHAHAHAAAA....oh, umm, sorry bout that. But there you are using iconics, and you have to play the character. Like I said, I will probrobly pick it up at some point because it looks (and is from what I heard) to be fun, but I think it will be hard pressed to replaced DC.

But yes, triple would be really nice.
    • Like x 3
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Tried it, its not as good. I mean, its a well mad egame but coMBat is Meh and ur stuck playing as a preset iconic hero NOT our own special characters so didnt even finish tutorial haha
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I was capped on Aethyr before this event began. I have already bought the 12 generator mods and the OP item catalysts (despite the fact that I don't need them because I will never get enough Skylanders to finish that item).

While it's double-Aethyr week, for me it is "No Aethyr" week, because I'm capped and there is nothing to spend it on.

And yes, people keep trying to convince me to buy Augment Catalysts that I don't need and then sell them on the broker. But I am one of the players who dropped Legendary due to the continued slashing of our Legendary benefits (the most recent one being that they eliminated the Legendary instance completion boxes so that Legendary players cannot get the Enhanced style this Episode without spending Coins on it, when previously that was a subscription benefit). And my 3K cash cap doesn't really require me to sell tons of Catalysts on the broker to add to the 600mil I have sitting in escrow.

Aethyr is a failure by design, because while it is infinitely earnable, it is not infinitely useful to spend. It is still throttled by Coins. So if everything is going to be based on Coins, then what was the point of Aethyr in the first place? Just to make certain things unattainable on Switch where those bosses are impossible.
    • Like x 1
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I hope next bonus week be bonus bounty counters with added feats :D
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

I'm really hoping for a bonus catalysts week.

I've had the Aether catalysts for 1-2 weeks now. They were the first things I bought, and I've got the Wise Helm up to the third breakthrough. I've just been watching the broker, trying to get the best deals I can. Since I'm only interested in the helm style, and since you never know how much you'll like a style until you wear it, I'm doing my best to not go overboard on this thing. There's nothing like spending millions on a style only to find out you don't like it...
  10. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

YAY, I was right....for a change.

THANKS DEVS!!!!!!

<Does a little dance>
    • Like x 2