Altoholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bradleymsimmons, Aug 26, 2020.

1. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

I thought is might be fun for people to share their Main and Alts with a blurb on each. Most of my names I grabbed recently and just today threw together some basic concepts for their origins. If anyone has feedback, specifically on the bios, please let me know.

Exhume
    Exhume is a Green Lantern killed during the War of Light, resurrected and making atonement for his time as a Black Lantern. He continues to wear the Black Lantern icon as a symbol of shame and constant reminder that his Will should never stray too far from the Green.

[IMG]

Expressway
    Expressway is a Flash-like automaton construct created by T.O. Morrow to take down The Flash. Poor Morrow has the worst luck with his inventions. Like Red Tornado, Expressway turned on Morrow to become a hero.

[IMG]

Grease Fire
    Grease Fire is a sentient, well, grease fire. Origin is unknown but thought to be supernatural in nature.

[IMG]

Gun Laws
    Masks? I don’t need no stinkin’ mask! Gun Laws is a former military weapons expert taken to the streets to exact his own type of justice. Guns speak louder than words!

[IMG]

Jugular
    Jugular is an ancient vampire knight who wields demonic swords. Through a dark ritual the vampire gained shadow powers and the ability to manipulate the blood it drinks into raw energy forming a protective aura, shield, etc.

[IMG]

Leather Wing
    Leather Wing is a man out of time. A Batman persona from an alternate reality where steampunk is the rule of the land.

[IMG]

Moss Rock
    He’s no man, nor rock. Moss Rock is actually sentient space moss come to Earth. It animated the rock it settled on.

[IMG]

Pagan Priest (Main)
    I’ve had this toon since my old City of Heroes days. Got him pretty close to how he originally looked too! Pagan Priest is an android repository for Black Magik. It came to this reality when its universe collapsed in a Cryptic event! City of Heroes was no longer but this hero opened a portal and escaped to this world.

[IMG]

Proton
    Proton has amnesia and is unsure of his own origins. He woke up on the Brainiac ship and escaped with Superman’s help. He ‘s baffled by the similarities between himself and the hero Firestorm. Could he be related in some way? His quest is to find himself and understand where it is he comes from.

[IMG]

Reef Tank
    Reef Tank is, essentially, a lesser water elemental. He is tied to Atlantis in some mysterious way.

[IMG]

Scarerow
    Scarerow is the animated remains of a long-dead meta human. He uses his psychic powers to manifest a bow of pure energy which he uses in fighting crime.

[IMG]

Shape Of
    Shape Of is a shape-changer. His true form is that of bright green energy. Born of Mother Earth, Shape Of is nature’s champion controlling nature itself. He assumes various forms he has encountered over his crime-fighting tenure.

[IMG]

Time Horizon
    Time Horizon is a living time space anomaly. Its very existence is inexplicable but involves past, present, and future events.

[IMG]

Universal Monster
    Universal Monster is a living waxwork that shape-shifts into popular movie monsters as his origins were mysteriously rooted in Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, specifically, within the Chamber of Horrors.

[IMG]

War Weapon
    The U.S. Government dusted off its old G.I. Robot program and created a more modernized version called War Weapon.

[IMG]

Weather Wish
    Weather Wish is a genie with the ability to control the weather, primarily ice-related.

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  2. L T Devoted Player

great names
    • Like x 3
  3. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

I really don't get why people need more than 1 character, I'm not wasting time and money on a second character I have a life.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kanniu Well-Known Player

No need to be so rude. You can see his characters aren't too high-leveled and he clearly hasn't spent much money on them.
    • Like x 2
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me, it's a way of exploring other power sets and power/weapon combinations. I also like to express and test my creativity in coming up with different outfits or backstories (even if the backstories are just basic outlines).

It helps that I don't go the "min/max" route of playing my characters, but the way I play (play a character to get them their next set of gear, move to the next in line once that's done) means I can play and not get burned out on playing.

That's just me, though. :)
    • Like x 11
  6. dresserball Dedicated Player

Seasonals
    • Like x 7
  7. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I'm wondering why you felt the need to take actual time out of your day to insult someone who was simply being creative. I know that some people just feel a need to be insulting, I just don't understand it though.
    • Like x 8
  8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

OP, congratulations on your creativity! Have fun and keep 'em coming!
    • Like x 7
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

That’s how I do it with my alts too.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Very rude of you. Creating other characters lets people explore and be creative. It doesn't mean they have to be maxed characters,
    it doesn't mean they have to be leveled up. It doesn't mean people who have lots of alts (Like me) only play DCUO all day and do nothing else. Sometimes It's better to say nothing. Because honestly this thread doesn't hurt you in any way. So take this negativity elsewhere.

For the OP - Great thread. I will post mine as well later :)
    • Like x 8
  11. Magician Dedicated Player

How do you attach an image without an image hosting site? Or what hotsingsite do you use? I dont care for PhotoBucket
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Facebook, Twitter, etc. Anyplace that you can upload an image.
    • Like x 3
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

excellent stuff, mate. I'll have a wee crack, meself, though I'll forego the in-depth character biographies, if you don't mind, on account of my back-stories & personal continuity being far far too convoluted to allow for brevity, but! here's my lot. starting with my main.

Heroes.

Irvynnge.

[IMG]

Jaclynne.

[IMG]

Gunhedd.

[IMG]

XOrate.

[IMG]

Villains. The Shadow Syndicate.

Lily Bleed.

[IMG]

Glouger.

[IMG]

Johnny Artaud.

[IMG]

Voltte.

[IMG]

The Cryosidian.

[IMG]

Neo Rend.

[IMG]

Sad Alice.

[IMG]

Syrene Celeste.

[IMG]

&, last by by no means least, the sinister Mister Blisterpiss.

[IMG]

you know how it is. you create a hero, you gotta create a rogues gallery. it is what it is. ).
    • Like x 6
  14. Eve YouTuber

My characters are original & I wrote about them in my Power Inc & Metal Bats stories on Wattpad. DCUO lets me bring them to life.

My main Sky. Which is also my name xP
    Known as: Sky "Mistress of Nature"
    I am protector of the Green. Of the Earth. Of Life. Nature is apart of me. It blooms inside of me. It's in my veins and my soul. I am going to fight to keep it safe. In every cost.
    [IMG]

Phoenix
    Known as: Phoenix "The Phoenix Keeper" And as "Madame Fate"

"In a perfect world, you'd still be here, right by my side, mother. While everyone else including father has given up, I'm still searching. Hope decrease every day. While I have to keep my duty as the keeper of the phoenix, I'm using everything and everyone to find you, mother. Even if it means hurting people I love. Because at the end of the day, I trust no one."
    [IMG]

Metanite
    Known as: Metanite "Princess of Tech"
    I know everything. I am everything. I'm knowledge itself. Google got nothing on me. Watch me change the world, slowly but surely.
    [IMG]

Athena
    Known as: Athena "Men Killer"
    This world has been going downhill. Men are controlling the women. Men are controlling the animals. Men are controlling the Earth. And my Job? is to put a stop to it. And I won't let anyone stop me.
    [IMG]

Aqua
    Known as: Aqua "Sorceress of the Ocean"
    The Ocean used to be my home. I was born on the wave and grew with them. The tides have changed though, changing my life with them.
    [IMG]

North
    Known as: North, "Queen of Ice"
    Nov 23, 1989
    I remember that night like a never ending nightmare. It hunts me in my dreams, it hunts me when I'm awake. I can't control it. On that very night I lost everything. I lost everyone I ever loved and most of all...I lost myself.
    [IMG]

Ruby
    Known as: Ruby, "The Genie of The Underworld"
    All they care about is those stupid little three wishes. They ask for Wealth, they ask for glory, but they never ask for anything that isn't selfish. Like...like releasing me.
    [IMG]

POP
    Known as: POP, "Harbinger of War"
    Amaya is fifth-teen years old, one of the chosen children of planet Krut. Her people sacrifice her and 5 more kids to the prophets souls of planet Krut.
    [IMG]

Phantom
    Known as: Phantom, "The Livin' Hunter"
    "In a world controlled by Death, I am Phantom and I am rising above it."
    [IMG]

My Villain:
    RedMetalBat
    "There is no good, only evil. And I am the proof that darkness is here, and It's consuming us all."
    [IMG]

James
    "Red has restored something in me. She completes me. If you touch her, you're done for. Me and her? We're going to take over the world."

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  15. Eve YouTuber

My other characters worth mentioning (Most are included in my Power Inc book):

Multi Lantern is not, cause she has iconic storyline (Daughter of Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  16. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I enjoy writing character histories. I've always enjoyed writing, just for me. I'm not published, an author, anything like that. I just do it for fun. I like my stories to explain how the character got their powers and why they decided to side with Hero or Villain. When I was reading comics as a kid, almost all the comic heroes got their powers from radiation, A Freak Nuclear Accident!, etc. The exobytes are okay but so far I've only use them to explain my powers for my Ice powered character.

As far as having multiple characters, its for the variety of Powers. Sometimes I'll play my Ice character, other times I feel like working on my Nature, Quantum or Light character. I'm slowly getting the hang of using the 'combo-constructs' of Light. I don't worry about getting ALL characters up to end-game CR, etc. They'll get there when and if they get there. The game isn't a job.
    • Like x 5
  17. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Wow, GREAT comments and entries guys. Thank you! I love seeing other people's creativity, what they've done with character designs and backstory. Keep up the great work!! And thank you for coming to the aid of this post. Everyone summed up beautifully why Alts exist. :)
    • Like x 5
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wish i was not so intentionally tech stupid.
    I see no option anywhere to post pics but i have an awesome looking robot of war thing happenin.
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

It is the little tree icon in options above your post. Just copy and past the url into that and it should show up in your post.

EDIT: Good posts people, enjoyed reading the backstories. I have some alts myself, but since there isn't really a place to input that kind of information for our characters in game I never really bothered with it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

No options and no icon. Oh well, its no biggie