Fresh Healer coming into play.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Remnz, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Remnz New Player

Where some people look to Min-Max their damage potential. I want to be the person who helps you keep doing damage.
    Been a while since I’ve played and looking to jump right back in as a healer.

What healer is best for just that. Healing. I don’t care for the damage as I'm looking at Raw healing potential.
    Where my loadout can only be healing spells and the only poor excuse for the damage I can gain from is my weapons.

TLDR: Best healer who focuses on just healing?

PS: Is bow still the best weapon for the role?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It depends on what playstyle you would like to use. There is no best healer powerset, they all specialize in different mechanics.

Bow is viable but Hand Blaster is best for power back.
  3. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I have a Nature character and when I do heal I pretty much just concentrate on healing. I enjoy the Bow. In some cases a boss may spawn adds, and I usually use the one Bow attack that throws opponents away from me if I get attacked. Otherwise, I'll shoot at the boss / adds if everyone's health is doing well just to help out a little with the DPS.
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Weapon taps (triangle taps) are vital for power Regen for a healer as i understand it. Add it to your rotation.
    Thats all i got lol im a DPS Not a healer haha
  5. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Oh I do use the weapon when I can. It's just sometimes I've been concentrating too much on shooting, then look up and see a few people's health really low and I sprain fingers trying to hit the keyboard fast enough to fire off some heals, lol. I use the Bow a lot more when we're clearing the way to the boss. It also depends on the group. I've been in a few where I hardly had to heal at all, and others where I don't dare take my eyes off health bars for more than a second :eek: Even then, sometimes you can't prevent people from getting one-shotted. Still, I think Healing is fun. I know I'm not the best (I'm a pretty casual player) but I do okay.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

There really isn't a "best healer" power, although I would personally say that I feel sorcery is behind in healing.

My personal favorite healing powers are celestial, and electric, followed by water, then nature. (Sorcery used to be fun, but just feels weak to me now).

If you want to heal with combo powers, celestial.
    If you want to heal and do a little weapon damage, electric.
    If you just want to heal and use powers, (a combo heal on one) water.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It really depends on what kind of healing you want to go for. Every set has their own strengths and weaknesses. Also aside from Celestial most healer abilities do no Might damage and are pure healing powers so you don't really need to worry about that being a factor. There are, of course, exceptions such as Electricity's Arc Lightning and Water's Tsunami Strikes. Most healers focus on healing, and any damage they do is just a side bonus.

If you want to be kept on your toes and get big numbers through burst healing, with almost no viable Heal over Time options then Electricity is the way to go.

Nature is essentially all HoTs (Heal over Time), so you would have several of those going at once. If you're a fan of seeing constant green numbers then Nature is the one.

Water has a few different playstyles, but I'm no expert on it so I'll leave the finer details to others. You can essentially focus on burst healing, HoT (or a mix of both) or there are also damage mitigation options with an 8-person shield that absorbs a certain % of damage taken while the shields are active, alongside the traditional full damage mitigation 4-person shield. It also has an ability which will add secondary abilities to other abilities as well as another ability that resets the cooldown of the ability you used immediately before that (did I say abilitiy/abilities enough times there?)

I haven't Sorcery healed in years so I don't even know what's going on with that anymore, but I think it's a mix of burst and HoT healing, with the option for a healing pet too.

Celestial, which is my main, is my favourite of them. There is a very good mix of power HoTs and burst heals, but some people don't like combos and a combo is essential for one of your two main heals.

tl;dr None of the healer powers excel at damage while actually healing so don't let damage be a factor in what you want to play. Think about whether you want to rely on burst heals, heals over time, a mixture of both or combo powers and go from there. Look up some videos and see what looks the most fun to you.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Question do you want a heal over time, or burst, or mixture of the 2?
  9. spikeat Well-Known Player

They all work, it's depends on your play style.

I prefer to be healed by:
    Celestial>Nature>Water/Electric>Sorcery.

That's just my personal preference.
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Heal over time healers are:

Nature
    Water

Burst - electric

Mixture- celestial sorcery

My 3 favorites atm are nature water and electric. In no order, but these are the 3 I've played the longest and enjoy the most out of all healer powers.