Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Could you guys do something to "fix" or change this? I mean, those spikes sticking out of our toon's body look pretty ugly to me. I know it's not, but it looks like it is some kind of glitch. Also, the animation for the Reflection shield looks quite messy.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oof, if you think the spikes are bad you should see what it was originally when the game released. Those spikes are the toned down version. This is the original ice form that just replaced your entire character model:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Well, in all honesty the older version look nicer to me XD :D
  4. Rektumocepac New Player

[IMG]If theres going to be Suicide Squad episode in the future i would love to see comic book colonel Rick Flag's chest piece (shirt with gun holsters) as gear style or style you can buy like Magician's shirt, that would be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  5. an81angel Well-Known Player

Yep, I very much agree. I like the shape variations of the chunky crystals.
    It just look better, to me, than the monotonous uniformity of the current slender spikes.
    • Like x 3
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Can we get power related movement styles like frosty footsteps for ice toons, scorching footsteps for fire toons, stuff like that? And a rocket boots movement mode would be really cool, too!
    • Like x 3
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, be cool if they could just like keep your character but use those spikes, best of both worlds!
    • Like x 2
  8. Volle Active Player

Item list wish! Time For a Change...

1. Bulletproof Vest + Tshirt
    2. Bulletproof Vest + Shirt and tie
    3. Bulletproof Vest + Dual Guns and Amo-Mags
    4. Casual Street Clothing, Baggy Jeans, Cargo-pants with Gun holster on both legs, Shorts with 2 gun holster on legs
    5. Dual Katana back style
    6. Dual Dagger back style
    7. New Slim Suits
    8. NPC Upgrade Gotham Police force with new texture
    9. Update Base Hair and beard styls with new textures
    10. Power Matching Travel power effects
    • Like x 5
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Be cool if for the dual katana and dagger ones, we got both dual and singular for each. I don't think we have either version for either weapon. I remember looking for one for my fire toon who is Japanese and uses the name and theme of a Japanese fire god and I want to have a flaming katanna (not made of fire like that one weapon pack, but just like a regular one but with the blade on fire) and ended up just having to give him the Themysciran Battlesuit back piece because it's sheathed, so I can just say it's that. On the topic of Japanese characters, a kimono or yukata style would be cool. Like, there's Kabuki, but it'd be cool to have just a legit kimono or yukata! Actually, more culture related stuff in general for several cultures would be super cool and fun!

Plus it'd be cool if we could separate the face style into face and eyes kinda like what happened with aura and accessory. That way we could do both things like emissive eyes (which would be nice to have a more subtle version of, like Grail's) and a mask. Of course, a few mask things are in the head category for whatever reason (I used this to give one toon the glowy eyes and the Gotham Knight mask), but then what if you also want a headpiece like a helmet or something? This one was brought to my attention by Dstdnt on the Discord, actually. He acknowledged it might be a bit more difficult than the aura and accessory case due to anchoring on the character vs how those just kinda float around ya.
    • Like x 1
  10. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Symmetrical styles without weird crazy straps, horns, spikes placed haphazardly... baggy pants ah... you yeah, basketball shoes... how do we not have high top basketball shoes yet?
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

In the process of grinding my new toon, I just did Zamaron Conversion Chamber and Impassioned Harley is so cute! And I looked up pic of some of the other Mist Empowered Individuals and Furious Ursa also looks super cools. Could we get some of the Mist Empowered Individuals' styles, like Impassioned Harley's tights and gloves and Furious Ursa's.... everything? The Harley tights and gloves with heart cutouts would be perfect for the Valentines event!
    • Like x 3
  12. NCFry New Player

1000x Killer Croc helm, similar to Shaman or body type!
    • Like x 1
  13. EvilDeeds Active Player

it's about time we got some red auras in the game, its been to long something like ultimate aura effects but with red fire, perfect example.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Shadobi Level 30

Wonder Woman "Crown" & "Costume"
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  15. Power Surge Level 30

I'd like Constantine's jacket, was pretty disappointed we didn't get it in JLD.
    • Like x 4
  16. Radstark Active Player

What about some more alien styles? Biological, not armors. With helmets for example, more like Biomech which looks like an actual head, less like Insectoid which looks more like head armor. Also generally more insect wings: we have butterfly and dragonfly wings, how about some moth wings! And speaking about moths, how about a Killer Moth-inspired set! With fur around the neck and all that stuff. Maybe, again, more biological, like the one in Teen Titans.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stardazer Committed Player

Yeah, we haven't gotten a good trench coat in a long time! Constantine's jacket would have been really nice and works for both male and female characters. Fingers-crossed we have another JLD dlc coming in the near future and get the jacket.
    • Like x 3
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok y’all, hear me out on this!!!!

We have wings an when flying they are animated, they flap.
    Why cant other back styles animate (even if under certain Criteria).

My example is branic back and/or avatar bombardier back.
    These are both dif styles of rocket bombardment turrets “back mounted”.
    How cool would it be if they “scanned the area”, swiveled, Moved an pointed where we looked etc?

I think theres quite a few various styles we have that would benefit from this re-design as well as many new ones we could get that also followed suit.

Maybe its just me BUT my toom is robot looking and i use bombardier back an i just thought that would be super cool.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sininen Kuningatar New Player

We need animal heads for DCUO. It has been long enough without them.

Head models exist within the game that could likely be repurposed for player-characters. Lion, pig, cat, boar, minotaur, etc. There are so many head models that would be great and plus.. I mean.. other games have already done this. Specifically the two OTHER superhero mmos (the above admittedly no longer being run due to being shut down)

Point in fact as I understand in BOTH of those mmos the animal heads were their most popular sold packs or among their most popular sold packs, so I mean.. that should definitely tell you that the demand for them WOULD be there.
    • Like x 3
  20. The Jeff Well-Known Player

Tala's dress from Shattered Gotham fight.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3