RESPEC ARTIFACT TOKEN

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IcyStone, Aug 22, 2020.

1. IcyStone Well-Known Player

Considering changing your role and sudently find yourself in a nightmare? Everytime....

As other tokens exist we could have something similar for artifacts.

Imagine being able to transfer the rank from 1 artifact to another when you need to change role!
    • Like x 3
  2. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I could see a Token to allow you to transfer the rank from one Artifact to another, but every time you switched from DPS to Support role and back? Is that what you mean? If that's what you mean, I don't think they'd go for that.
  3. IcyStone Well-Known Player

No, I mean changing powers for a different support role :D
  4. Jaelia Committed Player

That’d be cool but too much back and forth sounds like a headache in my opinion lol
  5. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Devs wouldnt do that. The money they would lose would shut em down. This is a rich man's game now
    • Like x 2
  6. IcyStone Well-Known Player

I agree might be a long shot but the way its set right now is looking near impossible to change support role without paying a ton of money :(
  7. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

If you have a Healer Artifact at say 120 and you are switching to a Tank power and want to change that Artifact to a Tank-related one, I could see having to buy a token for that. The way I see it, if you paid to level your artifact up fast, they made money on that, so it's not like your getting anything for free. If you collected all the Nth metal, bought all the Cats with Source Marks you farmed, bought SOP / SOC's, you've done the work. Buying an Artifact Respec token is just more money for the game.

I haven't figured out what it would cost to buy the Nth Metals, Catalysts and Seals to take a new artifact to 200. Perhaps the price could be based on the rank, and what it would cost you to buy everything from the MP to get an artifact to 80 and up.

Just a thought
    • Like x 3
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

It would cost them nothing, with the stroke of a key they sell the “respec token” like they sell all others.
    Example:
    I have a 160 grimm in my bank
    IF i could buy a token for a few bucks to swap it to lerneas amulet i would buy a token an try it out.
    Thats profitable an making them $ where as if now, they make 0 from me in this instance
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

All you have to do is wait until a double Nth Metal week and feed the old artifact into the new and the new will have the same level.

Why do you want to pay real cash for something doable for free in-game?
  10. IcyStone Well-Known Player

still need it to breakout every rank
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Nah. They make too much money from selling the seals, and also from selling nth metal and catalysts. No chance.
    • Like x 1
  12. IcyStone Well-Known Player

yes, the plan was from healer to tank. We get the artifact to rank 200 and they already get money from that and if we want to change we could buy the respec token. Also they would make more money because people like me only would change the role with the token, like this I wont
  13. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

It would just be an option for those who don't want to wait for the double Nth Metal. Everyone would of course still be free to do it the in-game way, by either feeding the old artifact to the new, or keeping the old one and leveling up a new one. For some people, the cost would be worth it. For others, not. Again, it's just an idea for an option.
  14. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

The amount of people who go ahead and spend money on seals, nth metal, and catslyst far outweighs the money they would make on a 10 dollar respec token.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Mind, I don't know any player who wouldn't like to see Seals dropping in-game again, and I agree that it would make for much improved good will from the customer base if DCUO decided to change back to including that option.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Seals never dropped in content. People would buy them off the MP to sell on the broker and I believe they dropped in the Kryptonian TC.
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Why would the respec token change that tho? That $ has been spent. Now u can spend even more...... i dont follow the logic at all? U think that suddenly being able to pay to swap one will somehow stop ppl from building them? Lol not a chance. Ppl will still build them, they will still wanna build them fast. They will still pay to build them fast and this just another way to do it. Its pure profit.
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Its not an “either/or” thing. Its an “in addition to” thing.
    The $ has been spent. This is a way to spend even more for those who are in a rush OR like the OP suggested wan To swap a power an this need new arts. Its not like the bulk of the players or even the bulk of those that spend do it to the extent you all are suggesting. Some will, maybe even alot will but its the minority for sure. Most of us play free, freemium, just legendary, legendary an do what we can extra. This is a way for more of us to spend that we wouldnt otherwise.
    Besides, u think the whales that have every art at 200 cause they gotta have them that day will be willing to give up any future potential advantage by burning them to make new ones? Not a chance. Balancing happens and u never know what the next big thing could be. The whales will keep whaling. Its what they do.
    • Like x 1
  19. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

No, its definitely an either/or thing. For every player who changes powers that's between 1 to 6 new artifacts to level. If they just level one back up to 200 that's over 200 dollars. So for every player who Max's out a new artifact thats 20 players that would need to buy a 10 dollar artifact respec token if they are priced at 10 bucks. Now if they do 3 artifacts that's over 600 bucks. That's 60 players. That's only one player. I know over 20 players who went from might to prec and then prec to nature. Houre talking about casual players. They don't bring in enough money to justify a 10 dollar respec token. They will just level a new art to the cheap level between 80 and 120 and call it a day. Ehat would really happen is those whales who are spending thousands on artifacts would decrease their spending by just buying an artifact respec token. Is it fair? No but nowadays you pick a power and unfortunately you'll have to stay that power or spend 100s to change and the devs know this.
  20. myandria Item Storage

Agreed and yes, seals are on the Kryptonian TC loot table as well as catalysts.
    • Like x 1