For the love of dcuo...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Please stop with the whole mind control mechanic! We are tired of it! Especially when you stay getting it on you! It was fun 2 years ago and now EVERY DLC has it! Geez! Grail cheeses it....
    • Like x 14
  2. Cordelia Well-Known Player

A-freakin-men.
    • Like x 1
  3. Blackhole1st New Player

4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I sadly have to join this chorus of ENOUGH WITH MIND CONTROL MECHANIC....especially since there's little we can do to avoid it or get out of it quickly. It's time to retire that for a while...unless you're dropping Legion of Superheroes on us.;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im a returning player and have to say the 1st time it happened i was already done with it.
    I asked the team “what did i miss and how i could have prevented it or got out of it”. They said “you cant and you cant”. What sort of BS is that?
    • Like x 1
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Or, if they are going to continue to use it, give us a way to combat the Mind Control. Jamming on the Square button to break the spell, Tank immunities making the duration shorter, maybe specialized Supply Drops. Just give us SOMEthing active to do other than sitting back and watching your teammates Orbital Strike you.

It's a fun mechanic from a Lore perspective. Heck, let us spec into Willpower to avoid it. As a Mental Controller, you'd think I'd have built up defense from Mind Control years ago. :)
    • Like x 5
  7. Doctor Null New Player

At least let the new breakout soder work in elite, because that's the only situation it would even be remotely useful...
    • Like x 1
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I was tired of mind control when Starro came on as an event.
    • Like x 2
  9. Miserable Dedicated Player

Yes, please stop using the mind control mechanic.
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

The MC mechanic isn't really much different from the cage mechanics or the phase mechanics in Dox or Throne of the Dead. I kinda like mechanics that reduce the count of active group members for a certain amount of time/until a mechanic is executed.
    MC is just annoying because it used to drain your SC, with Grail other ppl can actually kill you and so on.

However, I like mechanics that are annoying if done wrong and nothing to worry about if done right. Like in, on grail, others are rarely MCed for long in groups I'm in, yet I almost every time run around MC'ed for what feels like hours. Even as tank or healer.
    • Like x 2
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Along with the MC mechanic I've also felt that there is an absurd amount of CC being done to us by enemies in this episode and in BoP also. Has anyone else felt this? Doing the halls in Clocktower was an absolute chore for me as Celestial because it felt like I couldn't get 80% of my combos finished because I was constantly being CCd, and that's with the built in CC resistance that Celestial has.
    • Like x 4
  12. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

When I did Starro alerts / raids I always took a bunch of those 'bombs' that you could use to negate the MC. I haven't done the latest DLC yet but do they not have something like those 'bombs', or is the MC simply unavoidable? To me it would make sense to have some kind of MC neutralizer as an added mechanic players need to pay attention to, making the event more challenging but not totally frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

You can break Grail's MC with a new consumable you can craft in Wonderverse in FGS NORMAL (disclaimer: not worth the time it takes). Other than that damage breaks the mc as well but you take more damage now and I've seen multiple players killing their own folks that way. Supply Crystals also don't work.
    • Like x 1
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

I've realised this, too.

And on top of that, knockbacks and grounding pushbacks are more common imo, which knock you out of your empowered channeling boosted channels, too. (disclaimer: I know that celestial combos and combos in general are no channeled abilites, but that wasn't my point anyways).
    • Like x 4
  15. Rev erse New Player

CCs defo getting more fired nowadays. And as a celestial I can only agree that it´s totally frustrating to be knocked out of the plague combo just when its about to be fully executed. :mad:
    • Like x 4
  16. Stardazer Committed Player

Oh my god, mind control and CCs are so annoying! I completely understand putting in those mechanics every now and then, but it's like almost every content we have now has mind control and it's used nonstop! I'm also a celestial player, so the constant CCs are so annoying and disruptive. Again, I understand if the boss fight has a CC here and there, but now I'm getting CCd by adds and environmental effects consistently.
    • Like x 3
  17. Faelwolf Active Player

I agree. It's gotten to the point that I wonder why I don't take the 2% damage boost instead of empowered channeling, as it is almost worthless now.
    • Like x 1
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Surprisingly I have yet to be MC in FGSr as the healer. But I do agree they need to come up with better mechanics for next DLC' raid(s) and ditch mind control.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Whelp, I have both since I'm using the solar amplifier rank 200. The thing is for me, the empowered channeling mod was never about being immune to interrupts, who cares about them anyways. If I'm in a raid and I would get interrupted by something, I'd probably leave since I know the tank isn't quite doing it's job. Also, I can do all solo content without the channeling mod and I wouldn't shed even one tear if I was interrupted. Usually it is useful to prevent other control effects to force through another whole channel. Though in the latest episodes I found that I was interrupted when I got grounded, there are several knockbacks that interrupt you, and pushbacks work, too. Like with Grails Omega Beams, Zeus pushback etc.
    • Like x 1